B8UCA Discussion Topic X-66: whiskey on the rocks brand computers

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. B8UCA Discussion Topic X-66: whiskey on the rocks brand computers

User Info: Tom Bombadil

Tom Bombadil
1 month ago#1
What IS UCA? In 51 words or less:

It's an ongoing wrestling-based Epop competition, but you don't need to be interested in either to have "success" or fun here. Trash talk, start feuds, challenge people to matches and whatever else. We also have gimmick matches! If you want in, just say you're joining and vote when you can.

tl;dr version of this post

This post is pretty long, but the bare bones are: you sign up, XIII and Tom will book you in matches against other people based on what division you are in, how strong you are, and who you're feuding against. You can affect what matches you are in by challenging people to matches, forming your own tag-teams, and trash-talking other users. There's two shows a week - Ruin and Combat - and every 3 weeks there's a more important "pay-per-view", with the biggest PPV event being Epopmania in late February. We try and ensure everybody has a match at least once a week. For more information about the B8UCA, check the links in the next post.

What do I do?

The only thing you have to do to be a UCA competitor and keep your place as a competitor is vote on UCA cards every now and then. It's more fun for everybody the more people get involved, though, so you're also encouraged to cut promos, start storylines, form alliances and tag teams, and talk smack in the topics.

So there are no requirements at all?

If you don’t vote for a while - usually three or four weeks - you’ll probably purge from our roster, but other than that, you have nothing to worry about!

What's the schedule like? How long until this crashes and burns?

There are two "TV" shows a week - Ruin (posted on Monday or Tuesday nights) and COMBAT (Thursday or Friday mornings) - shows are named after when voting ENDS, rather than when it begins. In addition, we have a more important "PPV" show every three weeks, posted late Saturday nights. We generally stick to that schedule, and even when we don't, UCA has outright missed only a handful of shows in its eight-year history.

How often will I fight?

The idea is that everybody gets at least one match a week, and we rarely mess that up. The more successful and active users will tend to get more matches.

Who's in charge?

XIII and Tom with help from occasional guest-bookers. XIII is the GM of Ruin, Tom is the GM of Combat. We also have some admin help from a variety of volunteers. The project was initially founded by Icehawk and Jakyl, passed on to Tom Bombadil, then to Football and XIII as co-owners, XIII passed it to Solio, who passed it back to XIII, who then brought Tom back in as a co-admin.

What's the structure like?

Divisions dictate which singles title people are most likely to fight for - apart from the MELEE MAYHEM title, which is open to all.

There are three "divisions" for singles wrestlers - Heavyweight, Intermediate, and Slothweight. There's also a tag-team division, so feel free to partner up with a friend and have a crack at that. You can still compete for singles titles while being in a tag-team, too.

If you beat somebody in the division above, you can promote, though usually you will need to further prove your worth in that division to show it wasn't a fluke. It's a loose sorting - people change divisions frequently, especially since we try to keep them roughly balanced in numbers. Likewise, a string of poor performances puts you in danger of a "demotion" match which will see you move down a division.

How do I join?

Just say so, here or in the main UCA topic. We're always taking new people.
Dance to your shadow when there's nothin' better near ye
The problem is the racism against cute Pokemon.- Luster Soldier

Tom Bombadil
1 month ago#2
MASTER FILE
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gnuLaP8bOlDXKbs3Y1Y-8kbLkinD-CSr1K7aKfrQKqo/edit?hl=en&pli=1#
- Check the Master File for all your UCA needs. It contains a basic rundown of UCA rules, the list of gimmick matches we use when we want to spice things up, and lists who is currently in which division. Not to mention historical stuff such as title histories, who is in the hall of fame, current Match of the Year nominees, and people who have won our annual tournaments and booking gimmicks such as the UCA Rumble, King of the Board, etc. This link will be provided in all UCA voting topics.

PAST PPV RESULTS
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ICUgWJ9ySGnu15JfTfg0BoZWSEoLBo-I2u-VBoPC-o8/edit?pli=1
- Almost all PPV results since 2011 have been recorded and can be found here.

DETAILED INFO ON TITLE HISTORY:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsW7uqD-0E3ZdC13blNnMGVUX0xxVVc3NGFQQXRicVE
- This document was created by Dr_Football. Though not always completely up to date, it contains a complete count of how many days each user has held the various different titles the UCA has had over its history.

THE WIKI
We're in the process of creating the B8UCA Wiki! If you're a UCA participant and you want to go here and create a page for yourself, go ahead!
http://b8uca.wikia.com/wiki/Board_8_User_Contest_Association_Wikia

(I am just friendly sidekick man don't take my updates as 100% gospel ;_;)

CURRENT CHAMPIONS

Undisputed Champion: DpOblivion
MELEE MAYHEM Champion: IhatethisCPU
Lightweight Champion: Solioxrz362
Tag-Team Champions: Tom Bombadil and MajinZidane

Master of Taybles: WiggumFan267
Jester: vacant I think?

Next PPV: Pandemonium

After That: Mountain of Mayhem

Tom Bombadil
1 month ago#3
we should probably add the EAEDsheet to the OP too:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15leU9XIzsU6Nm961YbFTsdHZJqLBghVSknjtMAX2bQU/edit?usp=sharing
- Detailed info on recent win-loss records

Tom Bombadil
1 month ago#4
I am still feeling helpful
CPU/Solio-8
Tom/Boko-5
we are strong tag champs!!

Apollo/Strife-5
Dp/Wigs-6
Dp and Wigs lose two votes to the mud cage but still manage to hang on

david-7
Maniac-6
Huge win for david!

Sultan-5
eaed-8
eaed looking dangerous

Stifled/Shad-11
Raven/Freak-2
holy crap

Luster-10
BEAR-3
XD at bear

...am I posting Pandemonium or is @XIII_rocks ? if it's me I should probably get a summary of the card to make sure I have the right stuff

User Info: DpObliVion

DpObliVion
1 month ago#5
Oh my God, what a dominating win by Luster of a f***ING BEAR! A worthy adversary for sure. I'll really need to train hard to take on Luster at Pandemonium.
NEW YORK METS - 2015 National League Champions
2015 Best. Game. Ever. Guru Champion

User Info: TheSultanOfSlam

TheSultanOfSlam
1 month ago#6
The only thing that matter Tom is you will be kissing them belts good by when the worlds most must see tag team David and Sultan beat you.

You can hold them belts for now Tom but at Pandemonium The Simply Rich tag team beats you 1. 2. 3.
When I steal the show, YOU WILL BOW DOWN TO THE SULTAN

Tom Bombadil
1 month ago#7
Sure, we look like the underdogs right now, but that's when I do my best work!

User Info: eaedwards6400

eaedwards6400
1 month ago#8
tag
Cheer, Cheer for Old Notre Dame! GO VOTE FOR UCA! ~Join B8 on TEW!~
http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/9339/7vke.jpg

User Info: eaedwards6400

eaedwards6400
1 month ago#9
Tom this is what I posted last topic

Just to check on the card I believe we have this:
Melee Mayhem Title: CPU vs eaed vs Maniac

So the card could use some tightening up:
Tag Titles: Tom/Boko vs Sultan/David. However, this is up in the air thanks to Strife/Apollo
Undisputed Championship: With his win over Raven, I feel Stifled is probably the best contender for the championship.
LW Title: Luster won a title shot. Might as well force him to use it at the ppv.
JESTER: prof wants to purge. Perhaps we allow him to do so and put some LWs up in a match for the new jester.
Wigs could defend taybles.
gravy wants eddv for reasons

Also add WotR vs Apollo and Strife
Cheer, Cheer for Old Notre Dame! GO VOTE FOR UCA! ~Join B8 on TEW!~
http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/9339/7vke.jpg

Tom Bombadil
1 month ago#10
fair enough

will give xiii until this afternoon or maybe tonight to weigh in
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. B8UCA Discussion Topic X-66: whiskey on the rocks brand computers

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.