The Best "Youtube Channel" Results and Discussion

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. The Best "Youtube Channel" Results and Discussion
Bracket is here - http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=466346

So far my plans on this are to have it be 3 matches a day for Round 1. I have not decided if I'm going to keep it to 3 matches past Round 1 or not. I'll wait and see if it seems like that's too fast or too slow for now.

Anyway, first few matches will be up in a little over an hour from now.
1st Year OMG Link Always Wins. 2nd Year OMG FF7 Always Wins.
3rd Year OMG Link Always Wins. 2101st Year OMG CATS Always Wins.

User Info: KokoroAkechi

KokoroAkechi
6 days ago#2
Like cinnamassacre and erb are among the most popular channels here and they are meeting in r2.
Kokoro's Anime Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaIA0gY11FQ_Zh6kLSam5OA
Updated: July 27th, 2016.

User Info: The Utility Man

The Utility Man
6 days ago#3
KokoroAkechi posted...
Like cinnamassacre and erb are among the most popular channels here and they are meeting in r2.

Sorry, seeding was completely random. With most things only getting 1-2 Nominations there was no way for me to guess what was going to be the most and least popular in order to do proper seeding. =/

User Info: SovietOmega

SovietOmega
6 days ago#4
It should still be a fun matchup. There are a number I would rank over them so I'm alright with it being a r2 battle.

Overall, I'd say we've got a pretty fair representation of channels to look at. A few glaring omissions, but that's the way it goes. Should be a good time!
There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out

User Info: Johnbobb

Johnbobb
5 days ago#5
Come on Cinefix or Cinemasins
Khal Kirby, warlord of the Super Star Khalasar
PSN/Steam: CheddarBBQ http://i.imgur.com/sRNNOSP.png

User Info: swirIdude

swirIdude
5 days ago#6
Smooth McGroove is bae
"The people who play Final Fantasy 7 actually have lives and dont NEED polls" ~MajinUltima
Now owned by DpOblivion.

User Info: The Utility Man

The Utility Man
5 days ago#7
Forgot one thing to mention because I'm sure this will come up at some point.

For Round 1, the entrants that appear in the topic title will be based on each channels popularity on youtube. For Round 2 onward I will try to decide who to put in the topic title based on that + how well they are doing in the contest.

User Info: jcgamer107

jcgamer107
4 days ago#8
Smooth McGroove sucks
special shout outs to DpObliVion and JDTAY, who did well in the contest and normally play the piano when these scenes play

User Info: SovietOmega

SovietOmega
4 days ago#9
I think he could use a few sounds beyond 'Bah', and if you were to listen to him en masse, it would surely get old fast, but he's got a schtick and has stuck to it, and it is a pretty neat one all things considered.Toss in a cat and a beard and you've got a clear recipe for viral youtube.

I'd say he's a little overrated, but he's not well loved for nothing.
There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out

User Info: jcgamer107

jcgamer107
4 days ago#10
Oh I mean yeah he has the formula to be viral, there's just nothing interesting at all about what he does
special shout outs to DpObliVion and JDTAY, who did well in the contest and normally play the piano when these scenes play
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. The Best "Youtube Channel" Results and Discussion

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.