All-Purpose Wrestling Topic 399: Browser - DELETE your last viewed, Paige

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. All-Purpose Wrestling Topic 399: Browser - DELETE your last viewed, Paige
Sorry, Overdrive is in a league of its own in terms of awful finishers.

It is actually the worst.
Check out my entertainment blog!: www.heroicbiz.com
I discuss video games, comics, movies, and TV!

User Info: TheRock1525

TheRock1525
2 days ago#262
To be fair to Seth, he's added some nice transitions into the Pedigree.

It's just... not a great finisher for him. It's perfect for HHH because it's slow, deliberate, and kinda emphatic. But a guy like Rollins needs something splashier as a face (I'd even argue the Curb Stomp is a bad face finisher, too).
TheRock ~ I had a name, my father called me Blues.

User Info: Lopen

Lopen
2 days ago#263
Curb Stomp is a good face finisher for all things except the name. Which uh, just change the name if you don't want that.

Impact moves you can hit on a lot of guys from a variety of situations with little warning are the best face finishers. Well these are the best finishers in general, really, but faces get a lot more from the "out of nowhere!" effect imo which Curb Stomp definitely had going for it.
No problem!
This is a cute and pop genocide of love!

TheRock1525
2 days ago#264
Taking a prone opponent gradually trying to stand and stomping his face into the ground is very much not a great look for a face finisher.

It's like arguing the Punt is a great face finisher.

User Info: SmartMuffin

SmartMuffin
2 days ago#265
Seth should defeat HHH via Sweet Chin Music tbqh
SmartMuffin - Because anything less would be uncivilized - http://i.imgur.com/W66HUUy.jpg
http://dudewheresmyfreedom.com/

TheRock1525
2 days ago#266
SmartMuffin posted...
Seth should defeat HHH via Sweet Chin Music tbqh

I ain't gonna lie: Seth's finisher should be that superkick to a kneeling opponent. Especially since WWE 2k added that school boy roll through version.
Seth's finisher was that superkick to a kneeling opponent! In FCW that's all he used to end matches and it was awesome. He called it Avada Kedavra. It's much better than the Pedigree, for sure. Especially since Seth's knee seems like it's made of glass now and the Pedigree can't help that.
Check out my entertainment blog!: www.heroicbiz.com
I discuss video games, comics, movies, and TV!

TheRock1525
2 days ago#268
Yeah I know that. That's why I want him to bring it back. He actually beat Ryback with it a while back and I was hoping that meant he was going to use it to finish matches more often.

But like stuff like the Pedigree or even God's Last Gift, while I have no problem with them, are just way too slow developing to be proper face finishers.

Like my argument against the Coup de Grace isn't even the move itself. It just takes so god damn long to set up.
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: Lopen

Lopen
2 days ago#269
Depends on the character. Stomping your recovering opponent's face into the ground is only a big deal if you're the type of milk drinking clean cut cornbread eating good guy to offer your opponent a handshake before the match, which Seth wouldn't be even if he was written properly so yeah don't really see it being an issue.
No problem!
This is a cute and pop genocide of love!

TheRock1525
2 days ago#270
To be fair, though, I'm not huge on the Axe Kick.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. All-Purpose Wrestling Topic 399: Browser - DELETE your last viewed, Paige

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.