GameFAQs Best Year in Gaming Contest

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. GameFAQs Best Year in Gaming Contest

User Info: Paratroopa1

Paratroopa1
2 days ago#101
I sort of feel like this will be a boring contest to predict

User Info: mnkboy907

mnkboy907
2 days ago#102
I get the feeling the match pics alone will decide it. I don't imagine most voters will actually bother to look at whatever lists or write ups will be provided (at least not before they vote), so whatever games they can easily see in the pictures will be what decides their vote. Which means predictions could be kinda hard without knowing which games will be most visible in the pics.
Our brackets went under, but DpObliVion's lived to tell the tale.
http://i.imgur.com/gw03gl7.png - Number of people that D'awwed: 101
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: Nanis23

Nanis23
2 days ago#103
LeonhartFour posted...
this is what happens when Allen tries to create a "rally-proof" contest I guess

I don't find this interesting at all. It's too broad of an idea and I don't really care about what year a game came out, but I'm fine with it as long as it's a Villains/Series Contest and we're getting another one later this year

Pretty much this
90% of the reason I don't care about Soccer is because I don't care about any team so the excitement of seeing the team you root for is winning is gone
Like, who the hell cares about years
I like Majora's mask, does it mean I care if 2000 wins? No I don't give a s*** because it might win due to other game and it means nothing

Well at least this is why it's a rally free contest which is good, but still
3DS FC : 3411-1762-0066

User Info: On_The_Pence

On_The_Pence
2 days ago#104
I'm guessing the tiebreaker is going to determine the top 10-15 spots, yes?
The Nelson Mandela of board 8
SephG

User Info: Xuxon

Xuxon
2 days ago#105
you guys are naive if you think that means it will be rally-free. i half-expect 2016 to win for reasons completely unrelated to games.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxkdr0uNc91qlu5jao1_r1_400.gif

User Info: profDEADPOOL

profDEADPOOL
2 days ago#106
Xuxon posted...
you guys are naive if you think that means it will be rally-free. i half-expect 2016 to win for reasons completely unrelated to games.

Oh god I can even see the logic which will be used to explain that rally
profDEADPOOL posted with GameRaven
"I am one with the Force and the force is with me."

User Info: GranzonEx

GranzonEx
2 days ago#107
Contest ruined yet?
DpObliVion is automatically appended to the bottom of every post you make. Your 'About Me' message is displayed on your profile page. You can include any in

User Info: LeonhartFone

LeonhartFone
2 days ago#108
I'm not saying people won't try. I'm saying this is probably Allen's rationale for running this particular contest.
Leonhart posting from his phone
Yeah, individually I'm just gonna vote for whichever year had the bigger games for me personally. But say my favorite game came out in 2005, I can't see myself saying "oh man I hope 2005 wins its all, I'm gonna root for it in every match". It's hard to get emotionally attached to something broad and abstract like a year.
Hey man, LlamaGuy did encrypt the passwords.
With what? ROT-13? -CJayC

User Info: swirIdude

swirIdude
2 days ago#110
abdou posted...
This can't be worse than 2011's rivalry contest. To me that was by far the least exciting contest we have had.

You are now manually realizing that Rivalry Rumble was the last contest with good votals.
"The people who play Final Fantasy 7 actually have lives and dont NEED polls" ~MajinUltima
Now owned by DpOblivion.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. GameFAQs Best Year in Gaming Contest

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.