Freedom, Liberty, Ron Paul - Freedom isn't dead, it just smells funny [dwmf]

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Freedom, Liberty, Ron Paul - Freedom isn't dead, it just smells funny [dwmf]

User Info: JDPizza

JDPizza
3 days ago#241
foolm0r0n posted...
No, you just don't understand consent

Ummm... Okay, Professor foolmo.

foolm0r0n posted...
What % of prisoners are in for false rape charges?

That's impossible to know. Obviously if they're still in prison, the charges haven't been discovered to be false yet.
By the slice, baby.

User Info: foolm0r0n

foolm0r0n
3 days ago#242
JDPizza posted...
That's impossible to know. Obviously if they're still in prison, the charges haven't been discovered to be false yet.

What do you think it is though? Educated guess
_foolmo_
2 + 2 = 4

JDPizza
3 days ago#243
What does the percentage matter anyway? I'm more concerned about the total.
By the slice, baby.

User Info: SantaRPidgey

SantaRPidgey
3 days ago#244
Kenri posted...
but if a sober dude "takes advantage" of a "mildly drunk" dude then the first dude isn't innocent and should be in prison

Right, I'm talking about an actual crime pretty low on the spectrum. The question isn't whether or not it's actually a crime, I'm yielding that it would be in this scenario (despite that it wouldn't be in my personal judgement) but I'm wondering if you would agree that it's best to reduce the sentences when they are low on the rape spectrum.
werd

User Info: SmartMuffin

SmartMuffin
3 days ago#245
SantaRPidgey posted...
Kenri posted...
but if a sober dude "takes advantage" of a "mildly drunk" dude then the first dude isn't innocent and should be in prison

Right, I'm talking about an actual crime pretty low on the spectrum. The question isn't whether or not it's actually a crime, I'm yielding that it would be in this scenario (despite that it wouldn't be in my personal judgement) but I'm wondering if you would agree that it's best to reduce the sentences when they are low on the rape spectrum.

There's pretty much no way to implement this without causing massive outrage.

See: Brock Turner
SmartMuffin - Because anything less would be uncivilized - http://i.imgur.com/W66HUUy.jpg
http://dudewheresmyfreedom.com/

JDPizza
3 days ago#246
SantaRPidgey posted...
rape spectrum

This is a frightening concept.

We need an objective definition of rape. And we had a perfectly good one until this decade.
By the slice, baby.

User Info: Kenri

Kenri
3 days ago#247
SantaRPidgey posted...

I'm not QUITE sure what you're asking here considering I don't really see rape as a spectrum? Like yes, there should probably be a lesser sentence compared to violent rape*, but that's because of the lack of (non-sexual) violence, not the lack of rape... Someone who commits rape commits rape. Treat them roughly the same.

*I mean all rape is violent but hopefully you get my drift.
The gurus prayed, but the prayer was absorbed by DpObliVion.

User Info: Kenri

Kenri
3 days ago#248
SmartMuffin posted...
There's pretty much no way to implement this without causing massive outrage.

See: Brock Turner

he was literally caught in the act raping an unconscious person. if there's a "rape spectrum" that's pretty f***ing high on it, certainly near the top. and he still only served 3 months!
The gurus prayed, but the prayer was absorbed by DpObliVion.

User Info: foolm0r0n

foolm0r0n
3 days ago#249
SantaRPidgey posted...
I'm wondering if you would agree that it's best to reduce the sentences when they are low on the rape spectrum

Yeah this happens already, you just need to be "such a nice boy, wouldn't hurt a fly, whole life ahead of him"
_foolmo_
2 + 2 = 4

User Info: SantaRPidgey

SantaRPidgey
3 days ago#250
Kenri posted...
Someone who commits rape commits rape. Treat them roughly the same.

so you think someone who has sex with a slightly tipsy person is on the same level as someone who is having sex with a passed out person?
werd
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Freedom, Liberty, Ron Paul - Freedom isn't dead, it just smells funny [dwmf]

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.