Freedom, Liberty, Ron Paul - Freedom isn't dead, it just smells funny [dwmf]

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Freedom, Liberty, Ron Paul - Freedom isn't dead, it just smells funny [dwmf]

User Info: Kenri

Kenri
6 days ago#251
SantaRPidgey posted...
so you think someone who has sex with a slightly tipsy person is on the same level as someone who is having sex with a passed out person?

Is it rape in both cases?
The gurus prayed, but the prayer was absorbed by DpObliVion.

User Info: SantaRPidgey

SantaRPidgey
6 days ago#252
well "all drunk sex is rape" so yes accourding to biden and his position in which you are defending.
werd

Kenri
6 days ago#253
Oh if they're drunk then yeah I guess so.

Edit: To me "slightly tipsy" means not even close to drunk if that helps clarify the confusion here, idk if it's like a regional thing?
(edited 6 days ago)

SantaRPidgey
6 days ago#254
Kenri posted...
he was literally caught in the act raping an unconscious person. if there's a "rape spectrum" that's pretty f***ing high on it, certainly near the top. and he still only served 3 months!

obviously, as with every crime there's the scale on both sides where you can choose to brutalize criminals and catch innocents in the crossfire, or defend innocents and let criminals off easier. Again, I doubt our positions would surprise each other if we delved into that.

Either way, Brock's case is far from the normal way these situations turn out. If we could agree on it as a standard though, I'd be fine with that.
werd

SantaRPidgey
6 days ago#255
Kenri posted...
Edit: To me "slightly tipsy" means not even close to drunk if that helps clarify the confusion here, idk if it's like a regional thing?

I consider (and many others do too) drunk to be the second your brain starts to get a little cloudy. When do you consider drunk to start?

Have we really been arguing the drunk spectrum and not the rape spectrum this entire time?
werd

Kenri
6 days ago#256
SantaRPidgey posted...
I consider (and many others do too) drunk to be the second your brain starts to get a little cloudy. When do you consider drunk to start?

Slurred speech. Trouble remembering things (people's names, locations of personal effects, etc). Looking vacant or nodding off. Acting against one's sober personality. Difficulty walking without stumbling or poor hand-eye coordination. Obviously it's not an exact science because people are different but still.

Would you trust someone to drive you somewhere? Would you trust them to handle a loaded gun? On a more basic level, could you make plans with them for the next day and expect them to remember/come through without a reminder? If not, they're probably too drunk to consent. If you can't tell, I'm 100% fine with the law telling you to err on the side of caution.

Kenri
6 days ago#257
Kenri posted...
SantaRPidgey posted...

Slurred speech. Trouble remembering things (people's names, locations of personal effects, etc). Looking vacant or nodding off. Acting against one's sober personality. Difficulty walking without stumbling or poor hand-eye coordination. Obviously it's not an exact science because people are different but still.

Would you trust someone to drive you somewhere? Would you trust them to handle a loaded gun? On a more basic level, could you make plans with them for the next day and expect them to remember/come through without a reminder? If not, they're probably too drunk to consent. If you can't tell, I'm 100% fine with the law telling you to err on the side of caution.

Edit: Honestly we can just go back to my original point here of "If you needed the alcohol to make them f*** you, it sounds a lot like rape". That's pretty concise and avoids dealing with the "drunk spectrum".

SantaRPidgey
6 days ago#258
Kenri posted...

Ok so your definition is like, verge of blacked out. If that's the case then I guess I've never been drunk or been around drunk people before.
werd

User Info: foolm0r0n

foolm0r0n
6 days ago#259
SantaRPidgey posted...
Have we really been arguing the drunk spectrum and not the rape spectrum this entire time?

Literally yes

Except muffin and JD who care about dismissing consent in general
_foolmo_
2 + 2 = 4

User Info: foolm0r0n

foolm0r0n
6 days ago#260
SantaRPidgey posted...
or been around drunk people before.

I can personally attest this is false
_foolmo_
2 + 2 = 4
(edited 6 days ago)
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Freedom, Liberty, Ron Paul - Freedom isn't dead, it just smells funny [dwmf]

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.