The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

GameFAQs Best Year in Gaming entry form

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. GameFAQs Best Year in Gaming entry form

User Info: ZaziGuado

ZaziGuado
1 week ago#51
Hey Allen is there any link to the bracket that doesn't require a GameFAQs account to view? I'm trying to show some friends the bracket but the only way I'm finding is the bracket entry page which doesn't let you view it without an account.
snowpork
Zazi is OP.
Does the tiebreaker need the comma to be excluded in order for it to count? Or is the comma needed?

User Info: mikestrauss

mikestrauss
1 week ago#53
The hardest matches to pick, in my opinion, were the ones where one year was filled with great games and the opposing year had one or more great systems (and at least good games as well).

-MS

User Info: Djungelurban

Djungelurban
1 week ago#54
Ho hum, only cares about US release dates in the write ups=I don't care...

User Info: PSI_NESS

PSI_NESS
1 week ago#55
1997 has a few more notable games I haven't seen mentioned yet.
Mega Man X4 and Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
Nice job DpObliVion for ranking 4 spots ahead of me and winning the BGE15 Guru Contest!

User Info: redbanana

redbanana
1 week ago#56
No mention of StarCraft in 1998.
This is a signature

User Info: monolith_blue

monolith_blue
1 week ago#57
Tough match-ups. Seems like a 0 bracket is highly possible though.
-Almost won a game from Ulti once.....almost.

User Info: Joelypoely

Joelypoely
1 week ago#58
I did a huge stats thing and ended up with 2001 vs. 2013 in the finals somehow

User Info: LusterSoldier

LusterSoldier
1 week ago#59
@SBAllen

SBAllen posted...
Feel free to suggest games we might have overlooked, we kinda built this in a hurry to meet our deadline.

You might want to go through this topic today and add in some games you overlooked, before you head off for the weekend. There's a good amount of suggestions that you can work with (not expecting all of them to be added).
Luster Soldier --- ~Shield Bearer~ | ~Data Analyst~
Popular at school, but not as cool as DpObliVion, Guru Champ!

User Info: PSI_NESS

PSI_NESS
1 week ago#60
Man, even after all the games mentioned for 2000, I feel like it would be wrong not to include some of these: Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber, Mario Tennis, Mario Party 2, Breath of Fire IV, Harvest Moon: Back To Nature,Lunar 2: Eternal Blue, Spyro: Year of the Dragon, The Legend of Dragoon, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2, Valkyrie Profile and Vagrant Story.

I'm curious if the notable games list is going to be held to 5 or so games during the contest matches because it will hurt a year like this that has a lot of solid games.
Nice job DpObliVion for ranking 4 spots ahead of me and winning the BGE15 Guru Contest!
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. GameFAQs Best Year in Gaming entry form

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.