Survivor: Game Changers Topic 4: At Least It's Better Than Cambodia and MvGX

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Survivor: Game Changers Topic 4: At Least It's Better Than Cambodia and MvGX

User Info: Peridiam

Peridiam
4 days ago#171
apparently sarah gave cirie the advantage right before they left for tribal

editors turned it all around to make cirie look bad
C'mon, Joshua, do I really need a reason to be with you?
One step at a time. We'll walk it together to the end.

User Info: eaedwards6400

eaedwards6400
4 days ago#172
Is it editors or is it smart that Sarah didn't give her enough time to read the fine print.
Posted using GameFlux
Get it now for Android from Google Play!

User Info: Inviso

Inviso
4 days ago#173
eaedwards6400 posted...
Is it editors or is it smart that Sarah didn't give her enough time to read the fine print.

I think he means that the editors made it look like Cirie got the advantage and just sat around with it for a while, never bothering to read and confirm it did what Sarah said it did.
Touch fuzzy. Get fuzzier.
Inviso

Peridiam
4 days ago#174
According to Michaela, Sarah told them about the advantage but didn't give Cirie the clue until right before.

Knowing that now, I'd say it wasn't entirely the editors because Cirie did know about the advantage and plotted how to best use it all day, while Sarah intentionally didn't show Cirie the clue for whatever reason. The edit never made this clear, and instead only made it look like Cirie had the advantage the whole time and just didn't bother to read the fine print. So the editors did make Cirie look a little... dumb.

The edit, however, did make Sarah look bad in that entire sequence of events leading up to the TC.

This is what I jotted down:

+ Aubry and Tai both agree Sarah is the 'game player' in the eyes of the jury. Sarah is the "dangerous one".

Tai tells us he needs to make big moves to impress the jury.
Tai tells Aubry that Sarah isn't his friend.
Aubry decides she needs to take out Tai because he wants to make a big move.
Aubry tells Cirie that Tai wants Sarah out.
Cirie tells Sarah that Aubry said Tai wants her out.

- Sarah tells us "for whatever reason Cirie wants to believe Aubry."
- Sarah says she believes Tai over Aubry.
+ Sarah gives Cirie her advantage because IF she does get turned on, at least Cirie has it.
+ Sarah tells us that if this move doesn't scream "loyal", she doesn't know what does.
- Cirie tells us that Sarah is so confident in Tai she can't even get the woman to use her own advantage.
- Cirie wonders if she should play the advantage to save Sarah and risk her being mad at Cirie afterward.
- Michaela tells us that Sarah is confused. "If Sarah is wrong about Tai (which she is), it doesn't just screw up her game, it screws up my game (Michaela's) and Cirie's game."
- Michaela says it's a shame they have to use her own advantage to keep Sarah in the game.
- Cirie formulates a pretty flashy move to protect Sarah in the event an idol is played by Tai. She correctly assumes Tai has an idol.

- At TC Sarah opens to say "I had to get to the bottom of it to find out who was telling me the truth and not telling me the truth". Except we didn't see her do any of that and instead we just saw her being wrong about Tai the entire time.
- Cirie explains that the person she saves (Sarah) tonight with the advantage will thank her tomorrow for exposing the rat (Tai).
- Sarah takes back the advantage, believes Cirie was using it against her, and goes straight to Tai (the rat) first... and the edit doesn't tell us what she says.
- We get to hear Cirie explain herself to Sarah, and all of it is 100% what we saw over the episode. The big question now is: does Sarah believe the truth?
- Sarah votes out Michaela, her ally, as well as Cirie's ally, clearly not believing the truth. At the top of the TC she said she's gonna see if she was right or not about the truth, and at the end she could not be more wrong.
- Michaela leaves saying "I don't know how that made sense, Sarah, but you do you. Good luck everyone else."

Essentially, based on the edit, Sarah f***ed up. But given her edit and the likelihood of her winning because of it, it probably doesn't matter that much. But... she definitely wasn't portrayed as smart this episode.
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: Siaperaz

Siaperaz
4 days ago#175
Whatever dude. Your Sarah hate is clouding your judgement. Sarah made Cirie look like Erik last episode.
GO KNICKS!!!

Peridiam
4 days ago#176
Siaperaz posted...
Whatever dude. Your Sarah hate is clouding your judgement. Sarah made Cirie look like Erik last episode.

Are you talking to me? I don't hate Sarah. I'm indifferent to her.

Sarah definitely did not make Cirie look like Erik. Rewatch the edit and pay attention -- I just did, and it's very evident that Sarah was demonstrably confused, trusting Tai (the rat) all episode despite Tai wanting Sarah out.

Sarah gave the advantage to Cirie to prove her loyalty, to keep Cirie on her side and not turn against Tai. But Tai was shown to be against Sarah, so this was the wrong move.

Cirie spent the episode trying to find a way to use the advantage to save Sarah AND prevent Tai from playing his idol--which would likely take Sarah out. Sarah, meanwhile, was entirely confident Tai was on her side and didn't want her out, which we saw wasn't the case at all.

Sarah didn't make Cirie look dumb. The edit made it look like Cirie didn't read the fine print and at the same time Sarah had the wrong idea of who to trust, which in turn had her take out one of their own allies in Michaela.

User Info: Siaperaz

Siaperaz
4 days ago#177
Sarah definitely made Cirie look like an idiot. She was so outplayed. Michaela's interview proves it.
GO KNICKS!!!

Peridiam
4 days ago#178
Care to explain in detail how that's the case?

Because I've outlined why that's not the case, beat by beat, based on the events in the show.

Your desire to see Sarah as the winner might just be blinding you to the facts.

User Info: Inviso

Inviso
4 days ago#179
Naomi, I like Cirie and hate Sarah, and yeah, Sarah made Cirie look super dumb. Granted, she made her look dumb by making dumb decisions of her own, but Cirie still looked like an idiot.
Touch fuzzy. Get fuzzier.
Inviso

Peridiam
4 days ago#180
I'l actually spare you the time by just straight up saying I know you can't prove your point and likewise I don't expect you to do so in any manner that makes much of an impact anyway.

I'm basing my analysis on the 42-minute show, and having just gone over it with a fine-tooth comb, I know what I saw. And the communities that analyze the edit are all in agreement: it wasn't a favorable edit for Sarah. But it's better than the rest.

She's still the hands-on favorite to win. Don't worry about anything else.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Survivor: Game Changers Topic 4: At Least It's Better Than Cambodia and MvGX

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.