transience's video game topic 51: I got loyalty, got royalty inside my DNA Man

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. transience's video game topic 51: I got loyalty, got royalty inside my DNA Man

User Info: iiicon

iiicon
1 week ago#1
yeah sure I stole this joke but in my defence nobody got it when I referenced Schoolboy and only Koolaid got it when I referenced Vince Staples, so shut it. anyway, video games are G O O D my friends.

This Week!

Injustice 2: holy crap, this game looks incredible? The backgrounds, the character animations, the customizable gear, it's all very polished and impressive. Full credit to NRS, they're they only fighting game studio given a decent budget nowadays and they spend all of it. *Insert animation video here*
The Surge: So, what's up with this? Is it another Souls also-ran, or something worthwhile? I wasn't a fan of Lords of the Fallen, the last game this team made, but I'll be honest, you just have to say the word "Souls" and you'll have my attention.
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia: a Fire Emblem game with no waifus or babies! Imagine saying that sentence 5 years ago. My appetite for Fire Emblem games is kinda low at the moment, but that's through no fault of Intelligent Systems. I willingly played three of their games last year. I did this to myself. Between the town and dungeon crawling, this Fire Emblem game looks like enough of a departure from the last few games to substantiate its existence.

This Month!

Vanquish PC: hey Americans, I heard you were a fan of Russian coups d'état. Well do I have the game for you. This is up there with my favourite games from last gen. It is as balls out as you'd expect a Platinum games shooter to be.
Tokyo 42: Tokyo 42 is a stylized indie game in the vein of Syndicate or Commandos, and boy, does it look cool. I think they recently announced multiplayer, which from what I can gather is a cat-and-mouse kind of mode? I dunno. What a trailer or a Giant Bomb video, and you'll know in 5 minutes whether or not this game is for you.
Mirage: Arcane Warfare: all I know about this game is that it's the next one from the Chivalry team, and it has magic. hi neon.
RiME: now with a Switch price drop! I haven't kept up with this game at all. It namechecked all the right things when it was announced, and then it sorta disappeared.
Guilty Gear Xrd Rev.2: This one features an upgrade path if you own the first Rev game, and will launch on PC shortly after the Playstation versions come out. ASW are learning. Slowly, but they are.

The Future!

The future is full of games, like Tekken 7, Arms, the MMO one-two punch of Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood and The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind, Falcom's take on Persona in Tokyo Xanadu, plus E3 2017. there's never been a better time to play video games.
ICON:
We've got movie sign!

User Info: voltch

voltch
1 week ago#2
How was Tokyo Xanadu received in Japan?

Now when's the new Armored Core game getting announced
Dr voltchball - best in the world.
More dominant than Conte's Juventus, that is DpOblivion's guru bracket.

User Info: The Mana Sword

The Mana Sword
1 week ago#3
there's never been a better time to be catching up on all the good games from the first quarter of the year
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Gylgamesh501.png

User Info: profDEADPOOL

profDEADPOOL
1 week ago#4
Tag
profDEADPOOL posted with GameRaven
"I am one with the Force and the force is with me."

iiicon
1 week ago#5
voltch posted...
How was Tokyo Xanadu received in Japan?

people were warm on it. it went against type for Xanadu but was more in line with modern Falcom games, so a bigger emphasis on characters and story. I think the improved version is coming out later this year though? Not sure how that works.

The Mana Sword posted...
there's never been a better time to be catching up on all the good games from the first quarter of the year

waiting for Nioh the book to start Nioh the game
ICON:
We've got movie sign!

User Info: voltch

voltch
1 week ago#6
Ah, so may as well wait on that version then.
Dr voltchball - best in the world.
More dominant than Conte's Juventus, that is DpOblivion's guru bracket.

iiicon
1 week ago#7
okay, just looked it up. it's the Vita version that's out this summer, then the improved eX+ version is out this fall for PC and PS4
ICON:
We've got movie sign!

User Info: TheRock1525

TheRock1525
1 week ago#8
Wow, so once you hit a wall in BotW, you really hit it. I hadn't played for like a month so picking it back up I thought maybe the break had helped but it just made everything feel even more monotonous. Like, I've got 55 hours in and a decent amount of upgrades and healing, I think I might just skip the other two "dungeons" and just go to the final boss cause I really don't care to hunt down more shrines or korok seeds.
TheRock ~ I had a name, my father called me Blues.

User Info: TVontheRadio

TVontheRadio
1 week ago#9
thought i only had two areas to explore in inquisition. nope, there's another whole landmass i haven't touched at all. considering how most of the non-story/non-character quests have been, tempted to skip these altogether and just beat the game then the dlc. really want to play nier automata soon and complete it before the end of the month.

what i've heard of the surge makes me not want to get it, but what i've seen of the surge makes me want to get it. reviews peg it as a good 7-8 kinda game so it sounds like it's worth checking out. though i still need to play nioh!

and the latest bonfireside chat episode has me wanting to get back to let it die!

also wasn't expecting this, but i'm continuing to play paladins. the lack of polish and weight still irks me, especially whenever i play overwatch. the breeziness of it is kinda sorta refreshing though?

dropping the tomorrow children. reading about how the one thing you need to actually start building stuff requires real money or dozens of hours is deflating. the core gameplay just isn't engaging or rewarding enough.
all you need

User Info: JonThePenguin

JonThePenguin
1 week ago#10
Final Fantasy XI is fifteen years old today. To celebrate, anyone who subscribed in the past and migrated their data to a Square-Enix account can play free through the 29th, while people who've never played can get a two-week trial account with a max level of 50 and only vanilla areas available.

Speaking as someone whose income makes it difficult to justify an MMO subscription (or two; would love to be playing XIV as well) this is awesome.
JonThePenguin
http://www.backloggery.com/main.php?user=erunion
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. transience's video game topic 51: I got loyalty, got royalty inside my DNA Man

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.