Tom unpacks some boxes

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Tom unpacks some boxes

User Info: Tom Bombadil

Tom Bombadil
2 weeks ago#31
hey let's finish that school box how 'bout that
Tombolo Friends of the friendless, seize the day!
The problem is the racism against cute Pokemon.- Luster Soldier

Tom Bombadil
2 weeks ago#32
1996-1997, probably (getting hard to keep stuff organized within the box)
-Letters from missionary kids. I THINK this is the family that is like super extended cousins that I met once. Included is a drawing of Jordan that looks straight outta Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff
-Writing practice! Lots of outlines and rough drafts and final copies. Handwriting practice too! (a cursive appears!)
-A Make Your Own Calendar! I worked really hard on that! Full-page illustrations and such.

...Not much else interesting honestly

Tom Bombadil
1 week ago#33
It occurs to me (yes just now) that nobody else has posted here in weeks but I enjoy documenting stuff even if it's just going out into the ether. See also: the Tompic.

Today's box: "Sentimental items" oh no

-Drawings (more like diagrams really) of baseball games. I will bet you anything this was me trying to emulate Bases Loaded II on the NES. Was big into that one, and into drawing "screenshots." (I will be surprised if I don't at some point turn up ones from SFII)
-"The secret" (heavily decorated with stickers, and hard to read because I wasn't ready for unlined paper)
Once upon a time there was a [owl with book sticker] that had a secret it was "the [hippo on rollerskates sticker] can kill me & nobody likes me & there sure to send hippo to kill me" Owl nevep nelep told anyone his secret. Our story begins at 1:20 AM on new years day of the 5th year. Stepped all around owl there were 100 owl went to the snow 33 [elephant on skis sticker] sled by owl he had 11 gallons of snow on him by the time the skiing stopped!

THE END

-Old tracings from a "create a monster" book
-An apology note from my dad for moving my friends off my bed. Apparently I was upset.
-Letters from dad from when he was deployed. Some of them have arithmetic problems, which I appear to have loved. I am impressed with my young self. >_>

The monsters say:
yyyyyyyiiiiiiiiiippppeeeee
super mario got prineccess toadstool back!
super mario defeted boweser
*I hankyo super mario [I think it might be thank you but I used yellow on some of it?]

-Fan art of my dad's FF1 game. Mom, the cat, and I are all dead, leaving only dad. IIRC he was a White Mage, I was a Fighter, Mom was a black belt or something, and the cat was a Black Mage. Why do I still remember that?
-Fictional menus
-A map of Care-a-Lot. I think.
-A crossword puzzle I made that has two words
-A note that says "I'M SOFA-FAtRRY." My mom has helped me spell "sorry."

A precursor to the TEW years
Mr. Mean
VS.
Hulk Hulgan

Mochoman
VS.
Mr. Mean 1

Mr. Mean 2
VS
Mrs. Mean

-An agenda for my fifth birthday, drawn up by my mom. I think that was the one I tried to schedule down to the minute with no idea how long things took >_>
-An illustrated list of "the prettiest things:" Butterfly, ladybug, another butterfly, palm tree, and "glenallen face."
-Fan art from when I saw the Blue Angels.
-Three sentences of pooh fanfic with some relevant stickers. It's official though because it has a title and I gave myself author and illustrator credit.
-A church service I made up. Foreshadowing!

...and a whole bunch of stuff from when mom was in high school!

Tom Bombadil
1 week ago#34
lots and lots of socializing > boxes

sometimes

Tom Bombadil
1 week ago#35
trees > boxes

Tom Bombadil
1 week ago#36
Gonna go for two today but let's see how that goes

Marking for this one is "Old books- [mombolo]." Lots of high school era CDs! Some of these are mom's, some are mine, and some were hers but just kinda became mine instead.
-Some praise music
-Lot of choir concerts and other things involving me
-Plenty of classical and jazz, including Telarc samplers which I always loved
-Julee Cruise: Floating into the Night. Not the weirdest thing I've heard, especially not ten years later, but definitely the weirdest music I *own*

-Three mystery VHS (I will eat my hat if none of them have Pokemon, Digimon, or Yugioh on them) but also official versions of:
-HOMEWARD BOUND
-ALADDIN
-ROBIN HOOD
-Star Wars Trilogy special edition boxset

Books:
-Koran
-The Message (a retelling of the Bible in down-to-earth language)
-Old copy of the Silmarillion (I keep losing and finding copies of that book- I think I have three now?
-Teaching Montessori in the Home
-MUPPET CHRISTMAS CAROL
-Positive Personality Profiles, part of a system that kicked off my mild interest in psychology
-Old hymnals
(edited 1 week ago)

Tom Bombadil
1 week ago#37
Boxes > fire pro?

User Info: Gatarix

Gatarix
1 week ago#38
these are great, I really like the kid journals/stories
You put your RESOLVE HAT back on, which conveniently is the same hat as your NORMAL HAT.
{Drakeryn}

Tom Bombadil
1 week ago#39
I'm glad, thanks :D
I'm enjoying this. I'll be moving soon, so it's making me think of all the stuff like that I'll probably find when I pack.
Bear Bro
The Empire of Silence
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Tom unpacks some boxes

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.