King of Mercenaries Rumble Topic 6: Endgame

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. King of Mercenaries Rumble Topic 6: Endgame

User Info: Gatarix

Gatarix
3 months ago#21
I know we've had this discussion before but can never remember the answer

does "berserk" mean he attacks friend and foe indiscriminately, or is it just like FF berserk?
You put your RESOLVE HAT back on, which conveniently is the same hat as your NORMAL HAT.
{Drakeryn}

User Info: Tom Bombadil

Tom Bombadil
3 months ago#22
the bit about communicating with teammates makes me tend to assume he's still attacking the enemy, but I dunno either. This is from Artorias from Dark Souls, if flavor is a factor.
Can you imagine a piece of the universe more fit for princes and kings?
The problem is the racism against cute Pokemon.- Luster Soldier

User Info: ZeeksFire

ZeeksFire
3 months ago#23
... That's a lot of dudes on that one side, twenty to six. This is FFdragon levels of dudes. The Sentries aren't going to do much if anything, (too many targets) and the top people on the one side are either low morale, or insane, and that armbreak hurts donte the ego a lot since most of his weapons are either two handed, or dual wield.

It's still a lot of power on the one side though, and the question is who has to engage into who.

ZeeksFire
3 months ago#24
One large army

I had to think on it a bit, but location advantage means ff doesn't have to move, and berserk donte means they will have to fight at the ff6's choice of location. add to that the fact there is a very gruesome chokepoint of the bridge at the top of the mountain.

Mind you this is also considering that both donte and neph are both fighting below 100% (donte way below it because berserk+1 arm really hurts), and although Knight Blazer is fairly darn awesome, when you consider you have to break through multiple lines to get to the casters and support of the FF team i don't think it's enough.

User Info: Lopen

Lopen
3 months ago#25
Lots of dudes

FFIV party could probably take this alone given the debuffs on the enemy team. High ground + terrain familiarity + lots of spellcasters is bad news for the other guys, particularly with Dante berserk and just rarghghing straight into them. Sentries are not doing anything with all that healing.

Also Kojirou probably being the strongest fighter on the field given the write-up doesn't hurt.
No problem!
This is a cute and pop genocide of love!

User Info: Lopen

Lopen
3 months ago#26
Also I basically take berserk to mean ff berserk. I don't take ideal teammates clause to be broken unless it's explicitly stated in the writeup.
No problem!
This is a cute and pop genocide of love!

User Info: trdl23

trdl23
3 months ago#27
Agreed with Lopen on all inputs
E come vivo? Vivo!
"nice job. that's a very board 8-ish thing to do - aggressive laziness followed by unusual persistence" -transience

ZeeksFire
3 months ago#28
Yeah, I consider berserk as just go in wanting to attack attack attack, it doesn't cause forgetting who to hit, but it does mean no waiting, find people, punch them.

User Info: Tom Bombadil

Tom Bombadil
3 months ago#29
Week 41-1B, High Tier

PEACE
Corrin is now an Arisen.

WAR
Terraria w/Yandere, Corrin, Golbez, Jaesa, Tank, Ellie w/Clem+OS (Uncle w/Operative+Okabe)
VS.
Grigori, Ramlethal, Kanji w/Oak, Geese w/Yukari, Mileena (Nilin w/U-1, Joe w/Monokuma)

For Omega Land! Jake. Final Hour whiffs. Golbez possesses…..Glass Joe. Operative plants a bomb! Kanji has to defuse it, assisted by U-1, Geese, and Oak.

A ticking bomb has been placed in the enemy's base, as seen in Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes. Kanji Tatsumi (the operative) is locked in the room with the bomb. The bomb has ten modules and is set to explode in fifteen minutes. Unauthorized tampering with the bomb (e.g., casting spells on it, attempting to cut it open with a sword) will have no effect.

U-1, Geese Howard, and Professor Oak are in a remote location with a copy of the Bomb Defusal Manual, which contains all necessary information to safely defuse the bomb. The experts can communicate with the operative via voice chat, but they cannot see the bomb or directly interact with the bomb (or merc) in any way. Assume that the operative and the experts are all capable of reading and speaking English, even if they normally could not.

Can Kanji successfully defuse the bomb before it explodes?
Can you imagine a piece of the universe more fit for princes and kings?
The problem is the racism against cute Pokemon.- Luster Soldier
(edited 3 months ago)

ZeeksFire
3 months ago#30
My first thoughts is to hedge on it'd be more possible than not, because an actual person that does research and not just fighting (Oak) is on the book end, and Kanji isn't exactly the worst person to pick for trying to follow directions either.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. King of Mercenaries Rumble Topic 6: Endgame

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.