Hypothetical Mercs Topic, S2 Topic 2: Pure Imagination

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Hypothetical Mercs Topic, S2 Topic 2: Pure Imagination

User Info: DeathChicken

DeathChicken
2 months ago#11
Or just go the hell with it and make it an every four weeks pre-battle KO. I feel like it's already kind of limited with the recharge + money and not being able to target women. Would have thrown in a "Can't target kids" clause too except we don't have a Children class <_<
We are thought, and reality, and concept, and the unimaginable

User Info: Johnbobb

Johnbobb
2 months ago#12
DeathChicken posted...
we don't have a Children class <_<

You could always try to make one!

I already made classifications for anime/horror/comic characters so I could make abilities about them
Khal Kirby, warlord of the Super Star Khalasar
PSN/Steam: CheddarBBQ https://goo.gl/Diw2hs

DeathChicken
2 months ago#13
Curious about what respect they'll wind up getting actually, since they aren't "Stand in your face and shoot a bunch of bullets" like most of the McGunners. They're more like a couple of quasi-Agent 47s (well, Mathilda obviously isn't that good, but good enough to peg a moving target with a sniper rifle)

User Info: Johnbobb

Johnbobb
2 months ago#14
DeathChicken posted...
Curious about what respect they'll wind up getting actually, since they aren't "Stand in your face and shoot a bunch of bullets" like most of the McGunners. They're more like a couple of quasi-Agent 47s (well, Mathilda obviously isn't that good, but good enough to peg a moving target with a sniper rifle)

Honestly we have a lack of good snipers aside from a select few, so I think they fill that void well. Leon is a solid enough assassin on his own, and then having an additional small target to snipe things is just a bonus.

Kind of ashamed I didn't think about them myself
Khal Kirby, warlord of the Super Star Khalasar
PSN/Steam: CheddarBBQ https://goo.gl/Diw2hs

User Info: redrocket_pub

redrocket_pub
2 months ago#15
Did I miss a conversation on why Wolverine is a 6/week?
Blasting off

DeathChicken
2 months ago#16
There was some debate on where the hell his regen actually lies, the guy who Phoenix had trouble murdering or the guy who gets knocked out by a handgun bullet (I don't think he's a 6 at all, but your mileage may vary)

User Info: redrocket_pub

redrocket_pub
2 months ago#17
I mean, my interpretation of that scene from X3 is that she wasn't even coming close to really trying to kill him. I take his line, "I'm the only one who can stop her" to mean that she will hold back against him because of their emotional bond, not because he can no sell her offense. The scene is clearly ambigious in any case, whereas him getting knocked out by a bullet is much more cut and dry.
Blasting off

DeathChicken
2 months ago#18
Yeah, I'm...really not on board with slapping a 6 on a guy who routinely gets smacked around by weapons the 3/week McGunners are carrying, scattered weird scene like the Jean thing aside. Closer to a 4 by my reckoning (Wolverine vs Jason is a closer match than Wolverine vs f***ing Voldemort)
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: KanzarisKelshen

KanzarisKelshen
2 months ago#19
Johnbobb posted...
see that makes Leon a bit abusable, which is part of the issue. Because if the enemy isn't rostered, Leon doesn't go on cooldown, which could mean that Leon's owner could basically just buy a KO each week.

Maybe if the target was randomly selected (which would encourage people to pay to KO them if it lands on someone particularly effective?)

It's not abusable because you're trading a roster slot for the kill. Leon is not gonna do much outside of lowbie fights by my reckoning. That's what makes it balanced. Source: I owned pudge and he was basically 'every three weeks KO a target by pulling him to your team' and this is exactly what he did - trade one slot for another.

DeathChicken posted...
Yeah, I'm...really not on board with slapping a 6 on a guy who routinely gets smacked around by weapons the 3/week McGunners are carrying, scattered weird scene like the Jean thing aside. Closer to a 4 by my reckoning (Wolverine vs Jason is a closer match than Wolverine vs f***ing Voldemort)

Wolvie vs Cyclops is something Cyclops should dominate in most instances and I think Cyclops is a 5, maybe a 4. So yeah, agree with this.
Shine on, you crazy diamond.

DeathChicken
2 months ago#20
Because I'm horribly procrastinating on doing work, let's play Which 4s Do I Think Wolverine Would Beat (characters I am not familiar with denoted by Uh?)

Darkman - I think Wolverine would win just because they're both hand to hand, but adamantium > no adamantium when that's the case

Dexter - Wolverine would win. The Dexo-2000 would beat him silly though

Carrie - Carrie would throw him like a sack of potatoes. Then she'd eventually figure out that isn't working and crush his heart. Either way he'd never get near her

Dark Magician - Uh?

Eric Draven - This fight would be hilarious. "Wolverine chops Eric up. Eric gets up, shoots Wolverine in the head. Wolverine gets up, chops off Eric's arms. Eric grows his arms back, stabs Wolverine in the eye." Given what I think of movie Wolverine's durability that would end him

EVE - Uh?

Jack Spicer - Uh?

Jackie Chan - Wolverine wins, see Darkman

Jafar - Jafar wins, magic

Jason - Wolverine wins, see Darkman. Jason-X is probably "See Eric Draven"

Joseph Joestar - Uh?

Luke Cage - Wolverine, this is probably another Darkman fight

Mikasa Ackerman - Uh?

Power Rangers - They probably win just because there are five of em and any are capable of knocking him out (also just to put things in perspective, Megazord is currently at a 6. I do not view Wolverine as being equal to Megazord)

Elsa - I can go either way on this. Wolverine might win if he freaks her out enough to not defend herself, but freaking her out might just make her go "lol you're an ice cube" and there's the fight

Ricky Ho - Uh?

Sasuke - Uh?

The Maxx - Wolverine, see Darkman

Toph - Oh she'd wreck him, too fast and hits too hard

Wesley Gibson - Uh?

Xenomorph - Wolverine wins, although he'll get a facefull of acid for his trouble

Kira - Uh?
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Hypothetical Mercs Topic, S2 Topic 2: Pure Imagination

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.