Arria plays/reads Umineko blind, Kira cackles at her SPOILERS ARE OKAY

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Arria plays/reads Umineko blind, Kira cackles at her SPOILERS ARE OKAY

User Info: Eerieka

Eerieka
1 month ago#1
WARNING THAT THERE WILL BE SPOILERS FOR ALL OF UMINEKO IN THIS TOPIC STARTING IN THIS POST. YOU DO NOT NEED TO USE SPOILERS TAGS UNLESS YOU'RE SPOILING A DIFFERENT STORY. DO NOT READ THIS TOPIC IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED UMINEKO

Arria is reading Umineko blind, but she's not in this topic! This is Kira transcribing her thoughts and inserting my own, and posting them here

The topic so far:

Ep 1 and 2:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_59jGjel11RPbTsaryatO8ROumfZEKxngJmgGcQSmlo/edit?usp=sharing

Ep 3:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1r3tUBsFSgzuxzc1nU7wvb8c2D3OVDeoh2zMZBp2aOy4/edit?usp=sharing

NOTE: I have left out any commentary made by the users here out of respect for your own privacy, but I have them saved in my own personal Word Doc. If you say it's okay, I'll add in your commentary to the above documents.

Feel free to comment on anything, whether it's from ep 1 or ep 8! We love seeing reactions, discussions, funny pictures, you name it. I'll share anything non-spoilery with Arria and I'll ask her anything you want me to ask her.
Account created-9/10/04. Just a normal GameFAQs user/leprechaun
Ramza: rofl. Rofel: You say my name? -Eise

Eerieka
1 month ago#2
continuing where we left off in the previous topic...

Battler proposes the idea that Rosa killed Maria on accident, then slipped and fell on the fence as she freaked out.
A: This was pretty much what I was about to suggest

Beatrice is trying the ol’ moemoe trick. Ugu it was just my disciple~
A: Why do you have to ask?! You were the one earlier who was like “Battler~ Battler honey, where are you. Oh, there you are. Stop oozing into the carpet!”

Battler: What is the point of those grotesque murders?
K: To arouse me
A: *chuckles*

A: This is literally going to someone’s house to play a board game, getting mad at them, then kicking them out of their own house.

Ronove says in red that their deaths were homicides.
A: Okay, finally. I can work with this.

There’s a background which shows golf clubs. I hadn’t noticed it before
A: Please tell me that at some point. Maybe not this game board, but maybe another one. Somewhere, someday, someone will get beaten to death with a golf club.
K: I don’t even think golf is ever mentioned once in the entire story

They state their alibis
Arria smirks. “Everyone but one walrus”
Then everyone else calls out Nanjo on being by himself
A: Although better bet is that Hideyoshi and Eva are in it together.

User Info: tcaz2

tcaz2
1 month ago#3
Expanding on what I said last thread:

https://rokkenjima.org/news-07th-live/

tl;dr WTC5 has like 8000 characters written for it, Ryuukishi took part of the ideas for it and made a sound drama coming out sooner called Haworthia which will have tie ins to WTC5, and an Umineko collection (similar to Higurashi Hou) is also announced and will contain a new Episode for Umineko that is set mid-Chiru.

I REALLY REALLY hope MangaGamer not only will be translating WTC5 (I imagine they probably will be) but that they'll be able to do it on pace with the Japanese releases. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE following another WTC as it comes out.

Eerieka
1 month ago#4
Awesome! I saw some pictures of characters from Haworthia but I don't know anything else about it. There were two characters whose faces reminded me of Shannon and Kanon, but I don't think it means anything. Just the look the artist was going for. But we'll see!

Indeed, I hope that whoever translates it does so at the same rate as the Japanese releases so that Arria and I can post and theorize along with the rest of the community.

The new Umineko episode intrigues me as well. I wonder what Ryukishi will put in it. If it's a Chiru episode, it will probably be more answers or backstory rather than a new gameboard. Although I'd be down for a new gameboard as well.

tcaz2
1 month ago#5
Some people think it might be Rokkenjima Prime in its entirety.

I dunno about that, but... maybe?
(edited 1 month ago)

Eerieka
1 month ago#6
Hmm, I would be okay with that but... I feel like I understand Rokkenjima Prime, and giving a blatant answer also takes away from the... I dunno. Like, part of Ange's choice at the end is deciding if knowing the truth is really THAT important. I think learning the truth might destroy that a little bit. Bah, now I wonder if Ryukishi is writing it for the goats who don't "get it"

~~~

A: I am convinced that Eva did it. But I’m also convinced she has split personality. My previous theory that Battler did it and is covering his own crime is not quite right. Now I think Eva is doing all this and trying to hide her crimes.

George and Eva’s sprites are aligned in such a way that it looks like he’s rubbing his mom’s back as she has her mental battle with herself.

A: I’m at least happy that the magic-using voices in my head are saner than this.

Eva falls down and we see George’s hand
K: Now it looks like he was groping his mother
We both cackle
A: Alternatively, he was like *whump* (mimics pushing her over)

There’s discussion about how humans developed anti-magic to defend them from magical predators. We both feel it’s symbolic of “technological advancement” and we both bring up the old Arthur C. Clarke quote about sufficiently advanced technology being indistinguishable from magic. But it’s still interesting. We talk about some plants and bugs and such that have done similar things in developing toxins that kill the thing which would prey on them. Leads us to conclude that evolution is f***ing weird. I mean, we already knew that, but we had to reiterate it.

A: The problem with being pack animals is that our predators know we’re pack animals. We are strong as one, but get us alone and we’re weak.

tcaz2
1 month ago#7
Eerieka posted...
A: I’m at least happy that the magic-using voices in my head are saner than this.

I'm really curious what Arria is going to think of Ange's story in Ep4 honestly

Eerieka
1 month ago#8
That's a good point. I hadn't considered it. All I had thought about were the Maria scene and how Arria hates Maria so much.

User Info: Raka_Putra

Raka_Putra
1 month ago#9
Tag! Gonna catch up (finally) now that I have a bit more free time.
Fuhlt nicht durch dich Sarastro Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr-- eeeeeeeeeeeeeeehr.

Eerieka
1 month ago#10
Yessss, Raka we missed you. :D I knew you were busy, but I thought you had left us for good. :( In our most recent session, Arria made a walrus joke, then said that she "dedicated it to our fallen comrade, Raka."

So glad that you have returned to us.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Arria plays/reads Umineko blind, Kira cackles at her SPOILERS ARE OKAY

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.