Arria plays/reads Umineko blind, Kira cackles at her SPOILERS ARE OKAY

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Arria plays/reads Umineko blind, Kira cackles at her SPOILERS ARE OKAY

User Info: Eerieka

Eerieka
3 weeks ago#31
Back to Natsuhi and Krauss

She asks whose idea it was to get food
K: Kyrie’s, I believe.
She’s thinking about it now

K: Any thoughts
A: I need to see all the red text for this episode, up until now.
*she reads it*
A: I keep thinking about the stench. What if it’s a gas leak? I mean, maybe not natural gas or that first bullet would have blown them sky high. Maybe something to make them hallucinate?

We talk for a bit, mostly me taunting her. I told her how she’s super close to one of the big twists (Kinzo being dead already). I told her how it (the big twist) takes something that she assumes to be true, and flips it on her head. She things it has something to do with red truth. Like, there’s a lie in there. I also told her how it was something that she briefly believed to be true back in ep 1 (as a reminder, she had said something like ‘oh, he’s still alive?’ back when the family was first getting on the boat or plane to visit), but I lied to uphold the illusion. Now she’s gone nuts trying to remember things from episode 1. *ahaha.wav’s internally*

Back to Natsuhi and Krauss. Krauss says that there are 3 adults in the guesthouse: himself, Natsuhi, and Eva. We’re pretty sure Nanjo is supposed to be here still, so either Krauss forgot he existed, or he is literally a walrus at this point and no longer counts as an adult. We checked the Japanese just to make sure it wasn’t something like ‘the 3 family members’ but no, it said 3人 and otona (大人). We, uh… we just don’t know.

On a side note, super glad GameFAQs made it easier to type in Japanese. Now I can actually post kanji when I talk about them rather than being like ‘uh, the kanji for big, like the one for dog or thick, but without the little line nearby’
Account created-9/10/04. Just a normal GameFAQs user/leprechaun
Ramza: rofl. Rofel: You say my name? -Eise

Eerieka
3 weeks ago#32
Arria is hungry so she got something to eat. When she came back:
A: All this talk of Kentucky Fried Kinzo got me hungry. I hope Beatrice used 11 herbs and spices.

Turns out Nanjo was with the kids. Guess he doesn’t count as an adult. Then again, George and Battler are both technically adults so… who knows what Umineko defines as an ‘adult.’ YOU HEAR THAT, RYUKISHI? WE NEED RED TEXT DEFINING WHAT AN ADULT IS.

Virgilia updates the death roster, except when we try to see them, the portraits are all blacked out and its on the witch-side page. When we click ‘next’ it goes to goats or Ronove. We just don’t even.

Arria noted that the stakes’ location doesn’t always matter, but it was relevant here. “Rudolf in the forehead, because he outsmarted a stake. Hideyoshi in the chest, because his wife ripped his f***ing heart out, figuratively. Kyrie in the stomach for the child she lost.”

Battler refuses to speak to Beatrice
Virgilia says she’ll give Beatrice a good talking-to.
A: *laugh* Half the fun in this game is hearing you two bicker, which can’t happen if you won’t talk to her.

Battler tells George that his (George’s) sorrow is much greater, because he lost his fiancée. This is a really powerful scene.

We get Beatrice being moe, and nothing out of Arria. I don’t think she’s gonna fall for the trick

User Info: Raka_Putra

Raka_Putra
3 weeks ago#33
Eerieka posted...
Now she’s gone nuts trying to remember things from episode 1. *ahaha.wav’s internally*

Eerieka posted...

Turns out Nanjo was with the kids. Guess he doesn’t count as an adult. Then again, George and Battler are both technically adults so… who knows what Umineko defines as an ‘adult.’ YOU HEAR THAT, RYUKISHI? WE NEED RED TEXT DEFINING WHAT AN ADULT IS.

Hahahaha. Well, maybe walrus don't count.

Eerieka posted...
. “Rudolf in the forehead, because he outsmarted a stake. Hideyoshi in the chest, because his wife ripped his f***ing heart out, figuratively. Kyrie in the stomach for the child she lost.”

Sounds like something out of a TV Tropes page.

Eerieka posted...

We get Beatrice being moe, and nothing out of Arria. I don’t think she’s gonna fall for the trick

Well it would be too telling to prod her about it, but the moe-st is yet to come anyway. I wonder if she'll fall for Virgilia's trick as well, since her is a bit more insidious.
Fuhlt nicht durch dich Sarastro Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr-- eeeeeeeeeeeeeeehr.

Eerieka
3 weeks ago#34
Arria reads a lot of TV Tropes, so I wouldn't be surprised if some of her wackiness comes from reading s*** there. She has pledged to me that she doesn't even dare open the "visual novels" tab when she sees it out of fear it'll spoil Umineko for her. I warned her to avoid the anime tab as well, because I've seen some cases where Umineko spoilers were in there.

I'm visiting Arria tomorrow, but I don't know what we're doing. We may read Umineko, we may not. We shall see. If we do read, we'll finish chapter 3. I think she will be surprised by Virgilia's trickery, even if she anticipates Beato's. I feel like I should warn her just before Virgilia gets her open-eyed sprites. Even minor sprite changes can scare Arria sometimes, such as the time Evatrice stuck out her tongue. If I give her a warning, she'll probably think Beatrice is gonna get a new sprite *cackle*cackle*cackle*

Eerieka
3 weeks ago#35
George starts to flashback to the vacation he had with Shannon in Okinawa
A: please no flashback, please no flashback
*flashback*
A: damn it

She admits that she likes Shannon’s plain brown dress. Literally as she said that, I was looking at her boobs, thinking that this dress was a good choice for hiding fake breasts.

Jessica: Grandfather’s hobby had everyone making fun of him
A: Who the hell even knows? And you only leave the island for school. Who knows about your grandfather’s hobby?
K: Could be the servants. Plus, remember there are a whole bunch of Fukuin Orphanage kids.

George starts wondering about Shannon’s body, if she wore the engagement ring, etc.
A: Okay, this is the train of thought that leads to people keeping decapitated heads in their basement. Please cease this thought.

Beatrice listens in on George’s wish. Even before she can say much, Arria stops her
A: NO! BAD BEATRICE!

George: Really? You’ll revive Shannon?
A: No! Bad! And she’ll be a zombie. “I’ll name her Fido.”
She then tells me about a movie called Fido in which zombies are enslaved and we watch the trailer (or whatever you call a preview for a movie that’s over ten years old) and it’s just… wtf man.

Eerieka
3 weeks ago#36
A: So is this the George equivalent of Battler drinking the kool-aid last episode?
K: No, this is… a bit more literal. Like, we’re SEEING all the magic stuff, but there’s something more literal happening. I have no excuse for Battler drinking the kool-aid last episode, but I have an excuse for this. I just can’t say it.

George is flying around with Beatrice to the mansion
A: I bet this would be funny to see in the anime. George flying like a fish *makes a swimming motion*
K: I don’t even remember if the anime bothered to animate it. It might have just taken them straight to the mansion.

Eva also mentions there being only three adults.
A: Even the game thinks Nanjo is a walrus!

A: Eva, you are only the third person I’ve ever seen in any medium who can be bleeding from the mouth one second and still talk about murdering everyone the next. Ukitake from Bleach and Morgan from Dresden Files are the other two.

A: Also, why did we trust Eva with the gun?
Eva snaps at them
A: Oh that’s why. She’ll shoot you if you get too close

Eerieka
3 weeks ago#37
I had a session with Arria yesterday. We finished episode 3. Her reactions to things have been beautiful. Anyway, I shared with her some of the things you two have shared in this topic. I told her what little I knew about Haworthia/WTC5 and the new Umineko episode. Trying to be as vague as I could, I told her what tcaz said about people suspecting it might be Rokkenjima Prime. I didn't use the term Rokkenjima Prime, though. I said something like "the truest gameboard. The one closest to the truth." Sometimes it's hard not giving away too much information. Anyway, she wanted me to tell tcaz that she likes that idea and she would be happy with the new Umineko chapter if that is what it is about.

Raka, I also told her about your situation, and she wanted me to pass this on. She says: "I am sorry that your relationship didn't work out. Hopefully the next one will be better. But I'm happy to see you are still with us. And please be careful, especially if you are a man dating a man in Indonesia. Even in America that can be dangerous, and I don't know how it is where you live, but I heard about a man in Aceh who was punished harshly for homosexuality. You are precious to us, so please don't do anything that would get you noticed by police!"

User Info: Raka_Putra

Raka_Putra
3 weeks ago#38
Thanks, Arria. You're a sweetheart. Well, actually I did get noticed by the police when we were...uhh about to make out...and we got out of it but with bribes. >_>

Therefore, MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE, I WANT A LOT OF MONEY RIGHT NOW.

Okay, not really, I'll be fine lol. Also that Aceh story is slightly overblown, that's a region with its own Islamic laws. Still, thank you both for caring. I'll be here to see you play until Episode 8 and more. <3

Eerieka posted...

Beatrice listens in on George’s wish. Even before she can say much, Arria stops her
A: NO! BAD BEATRICE!

George: Really? You’ll revive Shannon?
A: No! Bad! And she’ll be a zombie. “I’ll name her Fido.”

Oh, she's not buying it.

I'll give her until Evatrice kills Shannon again then. Another antagonist might shake her up.
Fuhlt nicht durch dich Sarastro Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr-- eeeeeeeeeeeeeeehr.

Eerieka
3 weeks ago#39
We're counting on you to keep that promise, Raka! No leaving for six years and then forgetting about the white horse for you!

I had Arria do another character ranking before Virgilia's betrayal since I wanted to see how high she would rank. She was pretty damn high. And Evatrice was dead last lol. So yeah, the fact that she hates Evatrice more than Maria should tell you something.

Eerieka
3 weeks ago#40
Eva and Evatrice have a pissing match
Then Eva goes to make poisoned tea for Krauss and Natsuhi

We talk about the murders that have happened. She feels that Eva is the murderer. I work it out with her and yeah… with just a little nudging from me, she pretty much figures out on her own that Eva/Hideyoshi killed Rosa, Maria, Krauss, and Natsuhi. We then work out the scene with Kyrie, Rudolf, and Hideyoshi.
A: So was the argument between Kyrie and Leviathan actually between Kyrie and Eva? Like, Eva’s resentment and envy of Krauss was the source of all that ‘I was envious of my siblings’ talk?
K: Maybe. It’s an interesting idea. Ultimately I think the purpose is to give us more insight into Kyrie. That she was pregnant at the same time as Asumu, but she had a miscarriage, etc.

I’ve been telling her this whole time that some episodes have an additional culprit, but that there’s always one person who is a culprit. We go back to the scene with George wanting to see revived Shannon, and Arria wonders if it’s Shannon. I am slightly panicked. However, I also believe Arria will drop that line of thought because she thinks Shannon is so nice and innocent.

Oh hey, Daydream’s End again. This is the third time it’s played actually.

Beatrice brings back Shannon
A: Again, looking at the fantasy side, look at the vase you brought back. This isn’t the Endless Witch’s power.

A: I’m gonna laugh if the plot ends up being ‘Eva and Hideyoshi are killing everyone so we can be together’ while ‘George and Shannon are killing everyone so we can be together’. Like, they’ll meet with bloody knives at some point. “Well this is awkward!”
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Arria plays/reads Umineko blind, Kira cackles at her SPOILERS ARE OKAY

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.