Gauntlet Topic #1: ReAnimation

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Gauntlet Topic #1: ReAnimation

User Info: Vengeful_KBM

Vengeful_KBM
1 month ago#21
I will participate in this one. Bug me about it when the deadline becomes closer.

User Info: v_charon

v_charon
1 month ago#22
VGC Notes:

-Removed The Architect, an alternate name for the character Corypheus from the Dragon Age series.
-To account for the change, I have separated the Mortal Kombat characters Ferra and Torr into their own entries, tagged appropriately.

These updates will be live with the next update. Ferra and Torr will not be tagged as newcomers.
:>
Truly smilin'
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: WickIebee

WickIebee
1 month ago#23
hi
Visual novels are video games too.
Shut up Scarlet.

User Info: v_charon

v_charon
1 month ago#24
Johnbobb posted...
btw I haven't seen Rio, An American Tale, Hotel Transylvania or the various Cars and Ice Age movies

for any of those is it actually important to have seen the original before watching the sequels or does it not really matter?

The movies are all sequels, except for Cars 3, so at worst you'd have to watch 4 extra films outside the Cars franchise.
:>
Truly smilin'
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: PrinceKaro

PrinceKaro
1 month ago#25
how is cars 3 not a sequel
http://i.imgur.com/ptVv7Hu.jpg
all going according to the plan of BKSheikah this time...

User Info: greengravy294

greengravy294
1 month ago#26
Well having watched a cumulative of 0 minutes and 0 seconds of the Cars franchise perhaps you can watch both 2 or 3, or hell watch the entire series out of order without losing any context.

yeah i dont know
http://i.imgur.com/jknf665.png

User Info: PrinceKaro

PrinceKaro
1 month ago#27
I'm going to go into detail about the sequel situation so people can better decide whether they need to see the original movies or not.

American Tail:

The two movies are very separate from each other and other than the reason that Tiger hangs out with mice, you really wouldn't learn much from the first.

Ice Age:

This is a character-based film series, and generally the stories of their previous adventures are not that critical.

Despicable Me:

Though the original has little relevance to Minions, Despicable Me 2 will make very little sense to someone who hasn't seen the first movie.

Cars:

First movie is important in understanding who Doc Hudson is and what he means to McQueen.
Second movie is just Larry the Cable Guy pretending to be James Bond and can be ignored.

Hotel Transylvania:

First movie would be needed to understand why there's a random human living in monsterland, but its kind of a silly series so i wouldn't call it critical.

Rio:

You would learn about the character backstories and why the villain wants to kill Blu from the first, but otherwise the sequel is its own thing.

How to Train Your Dragon:

You absolutely must see the first movie or what you take from the second will be greatly diminished.

Kung Fu Panda:

I would say it is very important to at least watch the first movie in order to understand the world and characters at all.

Lego:

Though the Will Arnett Batman character is the same, there is no other links between movies.

Madagascar:

Not really needed, the penguins are their own thing.

Finding Nemo:

In the case there is actually someone who hasn't seen the original, I would say it is definitely required
http://i.imgur.com/ptVv7Hu.jpg
all going according to the plan of BKSheikah this time...
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Johnbobb

Johnbobb
1 month ago#28
Sweet, definitely agree on those for the ones I've seen. Kung Fu Panda (1st one), Finding Nemo, Despicable Me and How to Train Your Dragon are all definitely critical (they're all good movies too, so no reason not to see them)
Khal Kirby, warlord of the Super Star Khalasar
PSN/Steam: CheddarBBQ https://goo.gl/Diw2hs

User Info: JONALEON1

JONALEON1
4 weeks ago#29
WHERE'S THE PEANUTS MOVIE?

This will be how I bump.
The Iron BKSheikah break your bracket and make you humble!

User Info: scarletspeed7

scarletspeed7
4 weeks ago#30
Oh god.
"Reading would be your friend." ~Dave Meltzer
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Gauntlet Topic #1: ReAnimation

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.