The House In Fata Morgana (spoilers)

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. The House In Fata Morgana (spoilers)

User Info: GANON1025

GANON1025
1 week ago#1
I've started to play this VN over the past couple of days. I know I've seen it recommended a lot, both here and other places so I've been interested in it for a while. So far it's good, it's not really what I expected but then again I didn't really expect anything.

I'm in the middle of the second section now. The first one was pretty good. I've never seen Downton Abbey, but this first section felt like what I assume that show is for a while. One of the things I know is that this game has some sad moments in it, so I kinda knew something bad was on the horizon once Nellie got so jealous and she ruined everything. I like Bestia, but I'm kinda ready for this section to end. As soon as that merchants girlfriend appeared a second time in the story, I knew I would have to see her whole journey to the mansion so the whole thing has been going on kinda long. Especially since it seems like this is going to end with either her, Javi or Bestia or all of them dying at this point I'm just waiting for the confrontation.

By the way, not giving some of these characters names is getting a little silly. The Maid and the Girl With White Hair make sense as I expect those names to be revealed later. But couldn't The Merchant have a real name? It's weird seeing Pauline never actually mention his name.

Anyway, if I have a prediction its that either The Maid, the Master, or the Girl with White Hair (or all of them) are vampires. I was thinking the Girl was the Master, but now it wouldn't make sense with the reveal that she's blind.
https://i.imgur.com/G17qCv1.gif

GANON1025
1 week ago#2
I should mention the music has been really good!

User Info: pyresword

pyresword
1 week ago#3
Tag. This makes the fourth person I know of on this board to read this VN!

Chapter 2 is one that's big with a lot of people, but personally I didn't care much about it comparatively. Still solid, but definitely my least favorite. One interesting thing I've noticed about this VN is that most people seem to like it, but there's very little agreement as to what parts of the VN are the good parts.

There's more I could comment on but I think I'll refrain from doing so until you get father in.
Congratulations to BK_Sheikah00, this year's guru to achieve contest enlightenment!

User Info: pyresword

pyresword
1 week ago#4
Oh also I really like the music as well. It's sort of frustrating because I do think it's good, but it was also really hard to use for VGM contests/rankings on here because the music is almost all atmospheric in nature.
Congratulations to BK_Sheikah00, this year's guru to achieve contest enlightenment!

User Info: Sceptilesolar

Sceptilesolar
1 week ago#5
This VN is very good.

I don't think there are any significant characters whose names are not revealed at some point.
Just killing time until the world ends.

GANON1025
1 week ago#6
I completed chapter 2. Well, what happened at the end made some of the things I talked about look a little silly now! That final part really raised the quality of the section for me, it's probably my favorite right now (favorite out of 2 so that's not really high praise...). Although, I feel like what was revealed there contradicts something that happened earlier. I got that same feeling in the first chapter, something in the reveal goes against what I remember happening at the start. I could just be stupid and have a bad memory though!

GANON1025
1 week ago#7
I think I made my first actual decision in the game. I reached out to the mirror and got a small scene with this Micheal guy, who has a lot of angelic imagery around him. Chapter 3 has some REALLY good music.

User Info: Robazoid

Robazoid
1 week ago#8
pyresword posted...
This makes the fourth person I know of on this board to read this VN!

All four of us are here now, then!

I'm glad that you seem to be enjoying it so far.
**R.O.B.A.Z.O.I.D**

User Info: jl260

jl260
1 week ago#9
Robazoid posted...
pyresword posted...
This makes the fourth person I know of on this board to read this VN!

All four of us are here now, then!

I'm glad that you seem to be enjoying it so far.

Make that five.

Also, OP, I have an idea as to what you're confused about. Reading this might clear your confusion:http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1200245290

User Info: Eerieka

Eerieka
1 week ago#10
Chapter 2 was great. Chapter 3 enrages me so much, but in a good way? It's extremely memorable to me, in any case, as opposed to 1 and 4 which are sorta blurry to me at this point.
Account created-9/10/04. Just a normal GameFAQs user/leprechaun
Ramza: rofl. Rofel: You say my name? -Eise
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. The House In Fata Morgana (spoilers)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.