The Peashooter is the Most Powerful Weapon in the Game, Right?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Cuphead
  3. The Peashooter is the Most Powerful Weapon in the Game, Right?

User Info: BaneCapital

BaneCapital
2 months ago#1
I've played for about 3 hours and made it to world 3. I frequently find myself using the peashooter, without the extra hit point charm, as it seems to do the most damage and end the bosses faster.

Currently stuck at that robot bastard.
I like cheese.

User Info: neji721

neji721
2 months ago#2
Ive found more success in the charge shot.

Depends on the bosses, especially if you have to dodge a bit.

User Info: CapnMuffin

CapnMuffin
2 months ago#3
Charge does more damage. Peashooter is rapid fire and easier to handle.

Roundabout is good for when enemies chase you, like the dragon. Chaser is good if you just need to stay mobile and still be doing damage. Spread is good for taking out projectiles while dealing damage (like the frog brothers and phantom train).
"its okay a lizard ate me and elucidated my fate" - MJ_Max on Dark Souls
3DSFC : 0860-3930-2170 | NNID : CapnMuffin | XBGT : Capn Muffin

User Info: SPplayer76

SPplayer76
2 months ago#4
I think Peashooter + Spread is the most solid combo. The peashooter's damage is great, but spread DOES beat it if you can stay close enough for all 5 shots to connect.

User Info: RaisinBizzle

RaisinBizzle
2 months ago#5
Charge is the most powerful imo. Maybe a stream of no misses with the peashooter would be slightly more powerful in the same time it takes to charge a shot, but a lot of bosses you aren't able to hit the boss at all times.

The first boss I used the charge shot for was the dragon, which worked surprisingly well. I've used it pretty consistently since then.
3DS friend code: 1075-0729-0396
Currently Playing: Othello, Dominos, Chinese Checkers

User Info: GetHighAndPlay

GetHighAndPlay
2 months ago#6
Killed most bosses quickly, and easily with the charge shot. Find most other weapons are very situational. (Though they shine in their situation)

You can really burn through phases extremely fast with charge shot.
XboX Live = Lyle420

User Info: Vyyk

Vyyk
2 months ago#7
Spread shot + smoke dash makes the final boss pretty easy. Actually, smoke dash makes most of the bosses pretty easy.
GSV Rest in Peace, Good Man

User Info: soothsayer

soothsayer
2 months ago#8
Vyyk posted...
Spread shot + smoke dash makes the final boss pretty easy. Actually, smoke dash makes most of the bosses pretty easy.

You can't use it on plane fights though, which is unfortunate for the doc especially. However other charms work still.

I find roundabout to be really useful after finally using it. TBH I found it better on the final boss than charge shot since moving wouldn't screw your shot and it has much better crowd control. Plus it's easier to hit the boss during the spider attack with it.
  1. Boards
  2. Cuphead
  3. The Peashooter is the Most Powerful Weapon in the Game, Right?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived