Any advice for beating King Dice? *spoilers*

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Cuphead
  3. Any advice for beating King Dice? *spoilers*

User Info: _Jessica_Biel_

_Jessica_Biel_
2 months ago#1
Anyone here done it? I can't do the parries on the cards for the life of me. I heard there's a glitch you can trigger on him.
blown.

User Info: MagnusDJL

MagnusDJL
2 months ago#2
I managed to beat King Dice on my second try. What helped was learning when to time parrying the dice and I managed to get to the fight with him having 6 HP.

I think you have to time the dice so you parry it when its showing the number you want. i.e you want to move 3 spaces you parry when the dice shows 3.

Past that just make sure you get good with the boss gauntlet and parying King Dice's cards. You can parry one card multiple times if need be.

User Info: gorf

gorf
2 months ago#3
I beat him by equipping the chaser and running and hugging the left side of the screen. He put his hand up on the left and all the cards would come out to the right and miss me completely. While this was happening I would jump and aim straight up while shooting the chaser so the shots would go high enough to hit the head without being blocked by the body. Then when the cards were gone I would run to the other side and repeat what I did when his hand came out on the right side.

The boss hands came out in this order: left right left right right left right. Think I ended up getting hit when he went right twice in a row. But he was dead not long after that.

I'm not sure if the boss always starts with the left hand out or even if it usually alternates sides or if I just got lucky but you could probably use the invinicibility super to counter some of the rng.

If I do this again I want to practice the proper timing of hitting the dice so I only have to fight three bosses before fighting King Dice so I can practice the parrying easier. I feel the real threat from the minibosses isn't so much the damage they can do but the fact that fighting so many in a row takes so long that it can hurt your ability to practice, memorize and learn from the king dice fight.

User Info: Pus_N_Pecans

Pus_N_Pecans
2 months ago#4
I think the best advice is to try not to land on the number 7 square. It's the kiss of death. I didn't really have too much trouble dodging the cards, but if you equip the double heath thing and land on a couple health boosts squares throughout the match you should have enough left at the end to take a couple hits from the cards.

For parrying the cards just be patient about moving forward, you can rebounce on a previous card if you don't feel ready to move to the next one.
My arts- http://gopherguy.deviantart.com/

User Info: RaisinBizzle

RaisinBizzle
2 months ago#5
I equipped chaser so I didn't have to worry about aiming when I got to king dice, but really the charge shot is so powerful it probably would have evened out just hitting him twice between card attacks.

With the parries, the timing is actually pretty generous so long as you aren't late. Try parrying a little sooner than you have been and see if that works.

And boss 7 is the roulette girl, right? If you have smoke dash it makes that fight really easy since you can dash through the skinny legs and the raining roulette balls pretty easily. If you opted for extra health though I could see it being a tough fight. I thought the hardest was the very first fight with the liquor bottles. I don't know if I ever beat it since if I got hit twice I would just restart.
3DS friend code: 1075-0729-0396
Currently Playing: Othello, Dominos, Chinese Checkers

User Info: Jetblackmoon

Jetblackmoon
2 months ago#6
Fight 1 and 6 were the hardest, IMO. 7 is a free win with Smoke Dash. 2 and 3 were easy, 4 wasn’t too bad. 5 was easy, but I couldn’t figure out how to block damage if he made the suits come from the top of the screen down, since you can’t seem to parry things from below, unless I’ve just never managed to do it.

8 and 9 weren’t bad, either. I was just horrible at parrying King Dice’s cards, even though I haven’t had much trouble parrying anywhere else in the game. I used the invincibility super and for one free round to shoot him. The rest of the time, I’d wait until he was about to release the cards, then rush behind his hand to avoid them. Worked every time except for one where he went the same direction twice and faked me out.
"I am for like it but on xbox, I did Titanfall as we were for cant destiny and Titanfall, side by side, I haven't much am for it, maybe seven?" - Over

User Info: Fracastador

Fracastador
2 months ago#7
My strategy for beating him was to arrive with so much health that he couldn't kill me before dying, but I was getting better at parrying his cards each time anyway.

You want to start as far to the opposite side of the screen from the cards as possible so you are less likely to run into his hand at the opposite side while bouncing. There may be certain combinations of cards that require you to bounce on the same card twice to prevent this, but I never tried to do that.

I think smoke dash is a problem against the king himself because it makes it harder to tell where you're coming out of it in relation to the pink cards, but it makes it a lot easier to arrive at him with full health.

I used giant ghost on him right after he finishes an attack (not at the start of the battle) to get a lot of burst damage in.

Didn't realize there was space behind his hand to hide, so if that's possible like the above poster says, it's probably the easiest way.

I got the hang of all 9 bosses, but I didn't like the domino (4) or the monkey(9), because their fights last a long time and I get easily distracted so I often mess up at some point.

I imagined that roulette girl (7) is the hardest if you don't use smoke dash, but I do so she's actually the easiest of the group with it.
Would you like to hear a bit about the wondrous shoopuf?
Maechen

User Info: _Jessica_Biel_

_Jessica_Biel_
2 months ago#8
RaisinBizzle posted...
I equipped chaser so I didn't have to worry about aiming when I got to king dice, but really the charge shot is so powerful it probably would have evened out just hitting him twice between card attacks.

With the parries, the timing is actually pretty generous so long as you aren't late. Try parrying a little sooner than you have been and see if that works.

And boss 7 is the roulette girl, right? If you have smoke dash it makes that fight really easy since you can dash through the skinny legs and the raining roulette balls pretty easily. If you opted for extra health though I could see it being a tough fight. I thought the hardest was the very first fight with the liquor bottles. I don't know if I ever beat it since if I got hit twice I would just restart.

I got super good at the roulette girl. Always jump over her and immediately parry the chips then just repeat to the other side. For the balls she rains down, one side stops falling before the other catches up, just duck that way. Can beat her with zero damage. For me the rabbit is the wors.
blown.

User Info: DJPLACE

DJPLACE
2 months ago#9
i should do this fight again with smoke dash... but then again i had auto super gain on so i can wait before rolling the dice.
bored with everything...

User Info: Pus_N_Pecans

Pus_N_Pecans
2 months ago#10
_Jessica_Biel_ posted...
For me the rabbit is the wors.

I feel like the only way the rabbit ever hits me is when I'm sitting on the card and the opening for his ghosts is at an odd angle under the corner of the card. You just need to sit on that card and you should be ready for anything he's got.

I think the number 1 boss is really hard too, but it's easy enough to just restart if I ever have to fight them.
My arts- http://gopherguy.deviantart.com/
  1. Boards
  2. Cuphead
  3. Any advice for beating King Dice? *spoilers*

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived