I hate...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Cuphead
  3. I hate...

User Info: arstos

arstos
1 month ago#1
The robot sooooo f***ing much. That's all. I didn't know what rage was till I met him.

I hate him.
Steam:Dragonlibrarian7, PSN:Dragonlibrarian, NNID:Dragonlibrarian

User Info: RaisinBizzle

RaisinBizzle
1 month ago#2
After losing over and over I somehow managed to get an A+, which was my first up to that point. Eventually the last phase just clicked and I was able to beat it without issue. Utilizing the shrink ability to get by the electric barriers quickly was key.
3DS friend code: 1075-0729-0396
Currently Playing: Othello, Dominos, Chinese Checkers

User Info: Fracastador

Fracastador
1 month ago#3
If you're playing on a keyboard (like I did), the precision movement required to pass by phase 3 is rough. Keyboards and bullet hell do not mix, I think.

That said, here are some tips I figured out after a while. You may know them already, you may not.

The robot's first phase is all about controlling where the laser aims. I recommend using bombs while near the top of the screen to take out the lower targets before using shrink to rapidly swap between attacking the antenna laser and taking out the bombs that come from the broken panel near the bottom of the robot. Parry the pink cylinders quickly, as they restrict your movement. Keep in mind that the cylinders still block your attacks from the targets, even after parried.

The part where his heart comes out is the easiest phase for me. I just dodge things and take out bombs when the opportunity presents itself. When the magnet turns up in this phase, ride the movement change, don't fight it. Let it shift you unless it would shift you into an obstacle.

At this point, I have 5 cards charged up so I just use the bomb super move on his head. I end up picking up another 5 cards during his last phase anyway, so I don't think this is a waste.

During his last phase, the blue attacks move WITH him, but the red attacks do not, which means that if he is moving away from you the gaps between his lasers are larger, and if he is moving towards you the gaps are smaller. Use this to your dodging advantage. I ended up using shrink to pass through a lot of the blue attacks and normal form to pass through the red while he's moving away from me, hitting him with bullets when we pass by each other near the middle of the screen.
Would you like to hear a bit about the wondrous shoopuf?
Maechen

User Info: DJPLACE

DJPLACE
1 month ago#4
that boss is HELL it's self.
bored with everything...

User Info: arstos

arstos
1 month ago#5
I finally beat him about an hour after the post, but my God he was a pain in the ass. Hell of an adrenaline rush when I finally did get him though, and then I celebrated with a tumbler of the good scotch lol.
Steam:Dragonlibrarian7, PSN:Dragonlibrarian, NNID:Dragonlibrarian
  1. Boards
  2. Cuphead
  3. I hate...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived