Shark cards for everyone!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto Online
  3. Shark cards for everyone!

User Info: G-Ziss

G-Ziss
2 months ago#1
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/gta-red-dead-parent-publisher-wants-recurrent-cons/1100-6454839/

User Info: CODYQX4

CODYQX4
2 months ago#2
The cancer that is killing gaming.

I told you so back in 2013. Eventually, no game will be left unruined.

Oxygen thieves will still defend it.

I like how they try to be vague about it, like we don't know that they're going to put cards and/or lootboxes in your online games just like every other company.
Because Cark Shards bro...

User Info: spiderman88mill

spiderman88mill
2 months ago#3
If it's just done as the current shark card system, I'm fine with it. I own tons of great vehicles and stuff in the game, and i've never bought a shark card.

If they shift to certain items only being available in loot crates or via microtransactions, that would suck.
Keep on chooglin'.

G-Ziss
2 months ago#4
I bought a bunch of stuff without shark cards too, but not without exploits and grinding.

The other issue is that shark cards end up dictating the prices of items. When the game first came out, everything was moderately priced. Then things got progressively more expensive, presumably to help drive the sales of shark cards. The only other alternative is to grind the s*** out of the game.

Either way, Rockstar is happy because they make money from people willing to buy shark cards, they have people constantly playing their game even if they don't buy shark cards, and keeping the online world active ensures that people who do buy shark cards will continue to have a reason to do so.

User Info: CODYQX4

CODYQX4
2 months ago#5
G-Ziss posted...
The other issue is that shark cards end up dictating the prices of items. When the game first came out, everything was moderately priced. Then things got progressively more expensive, presumably to help drive the sales of shark cards. The only other alternative is to grind the s*** out of the game.

It will only get worse. R*'s plan demands that they make it progressively worse until it's at the point that nobody will accept it if they go any further. They will tiptoe on that redline, but they aren't dumb enough to cross it. They can frog in boiling water their games until that line moves even more in their favor.

R* has learned that a lot of people have Stockholm Syndrome, and no matter how badly they treat their customer base, enough of them will keep buying cards and defending R*.

It can get a lot worse than it is currently, and it will. The fact that fanboys can screech about some other AAA game that makes a lot of money is worse than R* means R* can easily go halfway to where they are currently to how cancerous the other game is. R* can always be just a little bit less terrible than EA and the fanboys and white knights will never stop shilling.
Because Cark Shards bro...

User Info: Natural510

Natural510
2 months ago#6
Micro's should only be for vanity items...anything else f***s up the currency of the game.
PSN: WarriorNat

User Info: GSid

GSid
2 months ago#7
Content quality has suffered over the past year because of the micro transactions. You would think with all that cash coming in you would see new game modes. I’m not talking Adversary or Businessses. Those are all cookie cutter & repacked trash.
Before you ask a question use the "Search Topic" bar. Keep Playing & Complaining.

User Info: GNS1310

GNS1310
2 months ago#8
I don't mind the grind, never bought a Shark Card.
s*** is still crazy overpriced though
http://media3.giphy.com/media/qwYALpESkAk7u/giphy.gif

User Info: bnarmz

bnarmz
2 months ago#9
Can't imagine what will be worth an "Armadillo Card" in the upcoming "Red Dead" game.

All you need is a trusty rusty six shooter, and rifle to fit in with the theme of the game. However, GTAO is all about vanity and greed...fancy cars, houses, clothes, etc.

I'm not sure that many ppl are willing to spend real cash on Persian leather chaps, gold plated spurs, and diamond studded Sandel Wood stage coaches....thou I'm sure a brothal business may be worth the investment to some ppl.

Imo, The ol Wild West wasn't really associated with wealth...well not to the point of blatant consumerism as it is shown in GTAO. If this sought of scheme is implemented in Red Dead...the purchases would most likely be on ridiculous items like ten gallon cashmere hats, and purple Thoroughbreds.
Fright Nightz Chapter 2- https://youtu.be/NXiguYPQLmg

G-Ziss
2 months ago#10
GSid posted...
Content quality has suffered over the past year because of the micro transactions. You would think with all that cash coming in you would see new game modes. I’m not talking Adversary or Businessses. Those are all cookie cutter & repacked trash.

That's another good point. They spend the majority of their time designing and releasing overpriced clothing, cars, weapons, etc. In addition, they claim it's "too difficult" to create things like new heists.
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto Online
  3. Shark cards for everyone!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived