Wait what!!! did the...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Battleborn
  3. Wait what!!! did the...

User Info: Ana_Nuann

Ana_Nuann
1 year ago#31
heyitsthatguy11 posted...
AlphusUltimus posted...
So you want characters unlocked that you won't play because the way they look.
You must be one of those people that fill two plates worth of food at a buffet, take two bites, then dump it in the trash.

... This made me extremely angry.

He's just a s***posting fanboy. Flag and ignore.

User Info: Bloody-skies

Bloody-skies
1 year ago#32
Hes a fanboy because of that post i dont see it
Rude maybe but
Stagnation is hopes remains.
Psn-Cloudsofmadness

User Info: Muflaggin

Muflaggin
1 year ago#33
gatooo posted...
I think it's really a good idea. You have to play different characters to unlock others. Firstly, it's rewarding. Secondly, some characters I played to unlock new ones made me play differently and I took some liking to some of them. So it made me like characters that I wouldn't play otherwise.

I played the Overwatch beta and I played with 3 or 4 characters that I liked and I didn't try the others. When you unlock someone in Battleborn, you just feel like you must try them because they're totally different from one another. In Overwatch, you just play the character you like and that's all.

It is, in fact, a terrible idea. Even in a game like Overwatch that doesn't even have a single player campaign they give you all the characters up front. If anything they'd have a better case for you unlocking characters just to stretch things out and yet they don't and it's a choice for the better.

It's like this game didn't have faith in itself or something so they give you the tedious task of unlocking the roster to keep you busy. Why not just give everyone and let people have it?

gatooo posted...
I think it's really a good idea. You have to play different characters to unlock others. Firstly, it's rewarding. Secondly, some characters I played to unlock new ones made me play differently and I took some liking to some of them. So it made me like characters that I wouldn't play otherwise.

I played the Overwatch beta and I played with 3 or 4 characters that I liked and I didn't try the others. When you unlock someone in Battleborn, you just feel like you must try them because they're totally different from one another. In Overwatch, you just play the character you like and that's all.

There is nothing rewarding about busy work. Games are supposed to be fun. And I disagree with your point. There's characters I've unlocked I haven't even bothered with, because I have zero interest in them. Again it speaks to a lack of confidence in this game.
http://imgur.com/Bcks15X
^_^

User Info: gatooo

gatooo
1 year ago#34
Bloody-skies posted...
Hes a fanboy because of that post i dont see it
Rude maybe but

He's just a s***-posting hater, Flag and ignore.

User Info: Muflaggin

Muflaggin
1 year ago#35
heyitsthatguy11 posted...
God forbid you have to unlock the things you want in a video game. God forbid you have to try the other characters first, and MAYBE you'd like them.

God forbid people want to enjoy themselves and have fun. Damn them to hell. If someone wants to play a certain character why force them?

ElectricSheep posted...
Wow..... Are you kidding me???

That's what makes the game more rewarding and gives u something to strive for.

Plus you get to try out hero's you didn't think you would like and then maybe you find a new main.

So go play overwatch and cod then! if you apparently want everything handed to you like some 5 year old

No it really doesn't. The gameplay should make it rewarding. Not the grind for characters. What kind of ass logic is this?

Mander1861 posted...
Lol overwatch blows for that reason and many more

It blows because it gives you the full roster and you can enjoy them all right out of the gate? You're gonna have to do better then that.

Also I love this fallacy that's being used here about "well this game will make you try different characters, because you have to unlock them". Must explain all the Raths, Oscar Mikes, and Montanas I see. Such variety!!! Gee if only the others were unlocked from the get go...
http://imgur.com/Bcks15X
^_^

User Info: Bloody-skies

Bloody-skies
1 year ago#36
U know its not like its hard to unlock chars and no fighting games dont always have all of em from the start not saying its wrong to want ppl unlocked but complaining about it is pointless it changes nothing it was known before release so a little research before hand would have been good. I myself only hate a few of the ways to unlock chars but thats juat me
Stagnation is hopes remains.
Psn-Cloudsofmadness

gatooo
1 year ago#37
Muflaggin posted...
gatooo posted...

It is, in fact, a terrible idea. Even in a game like Overwatch that doesn't even have a single player campaign they give you all the characters up front. If anything they'd have a better case for you unlocking characters just to stretch things out and yet they don't and it's a choice for the better.

It's like this game didn't have faith in itself or something so they give you the tedious task of unlocking the roster to keep you busy. Why not just give everyone and let people have it?

gatooo posted...

There is nothing rewarding about busy work. Games are supposed to be fun. And I disagree with your point. There's characters I've unlocked I haven't even bothered with, because I have zero interest in them. Again it speaks to a lack of confidence in this game.

The task is NOT tedious at all, within 10 hours I had like around 20 characters in Battleborn.

Besides, you don't like unlocking things, ok that's your opinion. But is it hard to imagine for you that some player like unlocking things ? I mean, unlocking things is a founding concept of video games. Who would like to have all the stages unlocked at the begining of a Mario or any platformer ? Who would like to begin a RPG at max level with all the upgrades and items you can have ? No one, because unlocking new stages and unlocking new abilities as you level up are rewarding.

So maybe you like to have all the thing served on a silver plate, maybe you don't like tht type of games that I've mentioned, but a lot of player does. So don't make your opinion looks like a fact.

User Info: Ana_Nuann

Ana_Nuann
1 year ago#38
You still have unlocks in the form of character leveling, skins, and gear.

Your arguments make you sound like you've never even played the game, or like someone with some sort of delusion.

No grasp on reality.

Just stop. You have no valid argument.

They didn't need to lock the roster. There's already enough stuff to strive for.

Gating people from actually enjoying that process by forcing them to play as characters they don't like is pretty stupid.

Especially where no character plays like another.

gatooo
1 year ago#39
Ana_Nuann posted...
You still have unlocks in the form of character leveling, skins, and gear.

Your arguments make you sound like you've never even played the game, or like someone with some sort of delusion.

No grasp on reality.

Just stop. You have no valid argument.

They didn't need to lock the roster. There's already enough stuff to strive for.

Gating people from actually enjoying that process by forcing them to play as characters they don't like is pretty stupid.

Especially where no character plays like another.

And that's your usual s***-poster hater/Blizzboi...
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Battleborn
  3. Wait what!!! did the...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived