So, who's your favorite character?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Battleborn
  3. So, who's your favorite character?

User Info: siberian142

siberian142
1 year ago#41
Of the ones I have played, probably Shayne. I really like her boomerang, she can still melee if she wants to, her cloak is alright, and her fetch is pretty damn useful.

I enjoy Marquis, but he seems dependent on having good aim. His sniper rifle absolutely chunks people, but he doesn't seem all that great if you miss and he appears to be pretty bad at close range.

I've unlocked Pheobe, but I've only played her in story mode so far. I'm hoping I really like her and Deande.

User Info: Beck225

Beck225
1 year ago#42
Overwatch isn't for casuals, you have no idea. Dusty is right, you brought it up and feel the need to justify your purchase or something. Overwatch has everyone on the same level and the TTK is much lower meaning you need more skill and communication to be effective. Anyone can run and gun, but you will be the.reason your team lost, if you don't know other roles and how to play off of them to counter your opppnents, you will also lose. I don't know how that makes it for casuals other than the fact that a casual can come in and play, they might not be good, but if they enjoy it, they can get better.

Not trying to put BB down at all, but it's a bit less accessible to people who don't know what lanes are or the concept of PvEvP, if that makes it more hardcore, then whatever, but since when is accessibility a bad thing?
PSN: Babybear614 / Xbox GT: Mikey0928 / NNID: Mikey928 / 3DS FC is 3050 7531 8411 Add me, let's party!

User Info: ZeroOption

ZeroOption
1 year ago#43
Beck225 posted...
I see it only took 8 posts for someone to try and derail this and try talk about Overwatch, some people just don't know how to talk about something without trying to bring something else down. Props to TC for trying to keep it on track; shame on gatooo.

I havent actually played the game yet, only the beta, hope to pick it up when it's released here, but I like the variety of all characters (looks wise), i don't care if they resemble anyone else, what doesn't these days?

I love the look of marquis though, pretty badass.

I've noticed there seems to be a rivalry between the two. To me it's a non-issue / non-debate; it's like comparing a Dragon Ball Budokai game to Street Fighter, two entirely different beasts so of course there'll be massive differences one way or another.

And my love for Marquis continues, just got his Capital Gains taunt where he shows his holographic mustache. I hope I grow to love other characters just as much as I do this one. It's still interesting to notice all the preferences for varying reasons; i'm glad there's not just the 'one' which everyone plays as 100% of the time.

Edit: DB on a technical standpoint may not have been my greatest use of comparison but I hope my thought process makes sense.

User Info: gatooo

gatooo
1 year ago#44
DustyChinchilla posted...
I mean you're the one who brought Overwatch in the thread, feeling the need to justify how much better Battleborn is. That's the only reason I commented. Most of us are adult enough to accept that both games are good for different reasons, but you felt the need to be all "Overwatch is bad and is for casuals".

Anyway, your preferred type of gameplay and personal opinion is irrelevant. OW has empirically, objectively better gunplay, so as a fundamental FPS it has better mechanics. The gunplay in BB can be wonky and frustrating with certain characters. OW has overall tighter gameplay.

Now if you prefer MOBA or team-based objective gameplay? That comes down to personal opinion,

With all the trolls and haters wandering around the board you put the blame on me because I brought OW in this thread ? Really ?
If there is someone to blame, it's the blind Blizzard fans who are constantly thrashing BB because the think OW is better.

A lot of people is finding that OW really lack in terms of gameplay, so no, OW is not objectively better than BB in term of gameplay, it's just your opinion, don't mix-up things.

User Info: neji721

neji721
1 year ago#45
As of right now its .Shayne. Super high defense, stealth, good attacks and the ability to bring them back when they run for their lives haha.

User Info: TrueDozenMarks

TrueDozenMarks
1 year ago#46
gatooo posted...
I mean you're the one who brought Overwatch in the thread, feeling the need to justify how much better Battleborn is. That's the only reason I commented. Most of us are adult enough to accept that both games are good for different reasons, but you felt the need to be all "Overwatch is bad and is for casuals".

Anyway, your preferred type of gameplay and personal opinion is irrelevant. OW has empirically, objectively better gunplay, so as a fundamental FPS it has better mechanics. The gunplay in BB can be wonky and frustrating with certain characters. OW has overall tighter gameplay.

Now if you prefer MOBA or team-based objective gameplay? That comes down to personal opinion,

With all the trolls and haters wandering around the board you put the blame on me because I brought OW in this thread ? Really ?
If there is someone to blame, it's the blind Blizzard fans who are constantly thrashing BB because the think OW is better.

A lot of people is finding that OW really lack in terms of gameplay, so no, OW is not objectively better than BB in term of gameplay, it's just your opinion, don't mix-up things.

Just let it go. You're not helping, and just making yourself look bad by being petty and arguing.

User Info: Beck225

Beck225
1 year ago#47
gatooo posted...

He meant gameplay as in shooting mechanics...did you not read anything?
PSN: Babybear614 / Xbox GT: Mikey0928 / NNID: Mikey928 / 3DS FC is 3050 7531 8411 Add me, let's party!

User Info: DustyChinchilla

DustyChinchilla
1 year ago#48
gatooo posted...

People who think OW lacks in gameplay are the ones who are mad it doesn't have a campaign mode (who the f*** cares about campaign mode in 2016?). OW has more game modes, twice as many maps, and only 4 less characters (which are all more specialized) than Battleborn. Exactly where is it lacking in gameplay?

Again, I love Battleborn and it's a great game on its own merits, but your obvious Gearbox fanboying is forcing me to give you a reality check. Weird how you keep talking about Blizzard fanboys when it's clear you are a Gearbox fanboy.

Both games are great. Both games have strengths and weaknesses. Battleborn has better characters, campaign mode and a higher skill ceiling due to its MOBA nature and gear options. Overwatch has smoother, tighter and overall better gameplay and better team synergy. Give credit where credit is due and stop fanboying.
Official Roadhog of the Overwatch Boards
"I'm A One-Man Apocalypse"

User Info: gatooo

gatooo
1 year ago#49
You're just a horde of OW fanboy really.

I mean most of people who have been answering to me to say that OW is "objectively" better than BB are people who spends most of their time on OW board (and have almost no post on BB boards)...

OW fans really have something to prove.

User Info: Heatmasta

Heatmasta
1 year ago#50
I like to play Galilea, Shayne and Aurox, Mellka, Deande and Caldarius
  1. Boards
  2. Battleborn
  3. So, who's your favorite character?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived