How Many Actually Went PS3?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. How Many Actually Went PS3?

User Info: KeySharkz

KeySharkz
4 months ago#1
I was curious because after how long the game got delayed, I was expecting the PS3 version to get scrapped all together. It was pretty odd to see a big highly anticipated game release on the PS3 almost 4 years after the PS4 came out.

I recall with Metal Gear Solid V that it didn't sell that well on the PS3, but at the same time I guess it DOES show that the PS3 was a good investment. If you bought one at launch and it still works you got over 10 years of use out of it...

How many actually went for the PS3 version over the PS4 though? Curious.

User Info: chrystocat

chrystocat
4 months ago#2
ask on ps3 board ._.
FE:Fates Castle ID: 08797-11986-21749-26618 | FFBE: 390, 807, 877 | FE Heroes: 2771083778

User Info: Hemerukio

Hemerukio
4 months ago#3
chrystocat posted...
ask on ps3 board ._.
Makoto Niijima is best girl.

User Info: Arthaiin

Arthaiin
4 months ago#4
Hemerukio posted...
chrystocat posted...
ask on ps3 board ._.
Some of the greatest catastrophe's ever committed by man have been done with the "Best of Intentions."

User Info: Archwing3441

Archwing3441
4 months ago#5
me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KztZmZDNCVg

User Info: Super Slash

Super Slash
4 months ago#6
Arthaiin posted...
Hemerukio posted...
chrystocat posted...
ask on ps3 board ._.

Why? This is the more active board and apart from minor performance differences they're literally the same game.

I was gonna go with the PS3 version originally, but I ended up investing in a PS4 and the Take Your Heart edition.

User Info: Cards_and_Hats

Cards_and_Hats
4 months ago#7
The load times are already painful on ps4, I cant imagine the screens on ps3

I really doubt the ps3 sale numbers were large outside japan where next gen hasnt really caught on (too busy with mobile garbage)

User Info: YookaLaylee

YookaLaylee
4 months ago#8
Cards_and_Hats posted...

I really doubt the ps3 sale numbers were large outside japan where next gen hasnt really caught on (too busy with mobile garbage)

Yeah, the 3 second load times are absolutely brutal
https://media.giphy.com/media/26gsuNHaqCPgziZYA/giphy.gif

User Info: KeySharkz

KeySharkz
4 months ago#9
YookaLaylee posted...
Cards_and_Hats posted...

Yeah, the 3 second load times are absolutely brutal

Loads are a tricky thing. "Long" loads is always dependent on the game. And the frequency of the loads. I remember Chrono Trigger on the PS1 where it needed to load whenever it entered or exited a battle or went to a new screen and you'd have to wait 5 additional seconds. Which wasn't too bad, but when you were doing it literally every 60 seconds or so... Those 5 seconds add up fast.

It easily adds another couple of hours to the game and that's no fun.

User Info: chrystocat

chrystocat
4 months ago#10
Super Slash posted...
Why? This is the more active board and apart from minor performance differences they're literally the same game.

Because while there are some ps3 players in this board, most still go to ps3 board since some of them play the japanese ps3 version. Majority on this board is ps4 player, so TC won't get enough answer for TC question "How many actually went for the PS3 version over the PS4 though?".
FE:Fates Castle ID: 08797-11986-21749-26618 | FFBE: 390, 807, 877 | FE Heroes: 2771083778
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. How Many Actually Went PS3?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived