Why is P5's OST so bad compared to P4?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Why is P5's OST so bad compared to P4?

User Info: FinalFantasyer

FinalFantasyer
6 months ago#71
iHateMutanTs posted...
Overall I have to admit P4 had better songs overall. What others have said here is true though also. The last few palace themes are pretty damn awesome, especially Palace 5(which is now one of my favorites in the series).

I'm halfway through palace 5 and f*** do i hate its theme. The only track from P5 that i truly find "terrible".
PSN: Novigrad_
Currently playing: Persona 5, Overwatch, World of Final Fantasy

User Info: Storm Chamber

Storm Chamber
6 months ago#72
ShadowRaiden00 posted...
DDS and Nocturne > all 3 Personas

DDS was so, so good.

SMT4 > P3/4/5 as well
"Sorry I get confused because the only two options on Gamefaqs are being an entitled whiner or bending over." - Gandalf the Istari

User Info: Storm Chamber

Storm Chamber
6 months ago#73
Howler posted...
Kaioshin Sama posted...
I still love modern "gamers" steadfast dedication towards negatively not prose. When "not as good as" would have done just as well of course the TC in their infinite wisdom opts for something overkill like "so bad compared to". Not trying to hate though, even when just using more neutral language like "not as good as to me" would have made that readily apparent anyway. I really do feel like your average gamefaqer could benefit immensely from a simple class in bettering their social skills, manners, and how they interact with people.

I actually find it fascinating how people on this site can be such insufferable, pompous, arrogant, and self-righteous dicks online, yet otherwise claim to be completely normal people with functional social lives in person. I certainly don't possess that same level of skill in compartmentalizing my online and offline personalities.

Whew! 10/10 response.
"Sorry I get confused because the only two options on Gamefaqs are being an entitled whiner or bending over." - Gandalf the Istari

User Info: KainFourteh

KainFourteh
6 months ago#74
RVD1OFAKIND posted...
penaferus posted...
FinalFantasyer posted...
Not hating on P5 at all, I'm enjoying the game a lot so far, but the OST is extremely mediocre.

The last time i played P4 was over 6 years ago i believe and i still remember so many songs from it (Long Way, Secret Base, Heaven, Your Affection, Heartbeat, Heartbreak, Reach out To The Truth etc.)

P5? It's hard for me to name more than one or two memorable songs tbh.

Anybody esle feel this way?

The OST for Persona 5 is the only thing going for it besides art direction. The game is horrible.

You fanboy over P3, one of the worst entries. Your opinion is worthless.

User Info: KainFourteh

KainFourteh
6 months ago#75
Storm Chamber posted...
ShadowRaiden00 posted...

DDS was so, so good.

SMT4 > P3/4/5 as well

DDS was awesome, I agree. Never completed Nocturne, lol.

User Info: kraidy117

kraidy117
6 months ago#76
Storm Chamber posted...
ShadowRaiden00 posted...

DDS was so, so good.

SMT4 > P3/4/5 as well

SMTIV:A maybe, but SMTIV better then 3 and 5? Ehhhhhhhhhh

User Info: FinalFantasyer

FinalFantasyer
6 months ago#77
Storm Chamber posted...
ShadowRaiden00 posted...

DDS was so, so good.

SMT4 > P3/4/5 as well

I still regularly listen to SMT4's Tokyo, Aquila Status Plaza and Black Market themes. Such an amazing OST.
PSN: Novigrad_
Currently playing: Persona 5, Overwatch, World of Final Fantasy

User Info: ferdk16

ferdk16
6 months ago#78
I think both P3 and P4 had stronger soundtracks "as a whole", but to say there's no memorable songs on P5 is another thing altogether. There's plenty memorable songs in P5, most of the vocal tracks are top tier, the battle themes are mostly top tier too, some of the palace themes are great (4th palace is legendary).
There's still a lot of quality tracks in here. Maybe you like P4's genre more than P5's.

User Info: YanDaMan263

YanDaMan263
6 months ago#79
P5 had better dungeon and town/evening music, but as far as battles goes, I only really like the main boss theme. P4's normal battle theme is still way more memorable and catchy.
LOL @ U

User Info: dawnset

dawnset
6 months ago#80
KainFourteh posted...
RVD1OFAKIND posted...
penaferus posted...
FinalFantasyer posted...
Not hating on P5 at all, I'm enjoying the game a lot so far, but the OST is extremely mediocre.

The last time i played P4 was over 6 years ago i believe and i still remember so many songs from it (Long Way, Secret Base, Heaven, Your Affection, Heartbeat, Heartbreak, Reach out To The Truth etc.)

P5? It's hard for me to name more than one or two memorable songs tbh.

Anybody esle feel this way?

The OST for Persona 5 is the only thing going for it besides art direction. The game is horrible.

You fanboy over P3, one of the worst entries. Your opinion is worthless.
My only loved one (Wait did I change my signature after 7 years?!) PSN: HeroFangGhetz
http://tinyurl.com/ldxrm49
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Why is P5's OST so bad compared to P4?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived