lol this game is so cheap

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. lol this game is so cheap

User Info: YanDaMan263

YanDaMan263
6 months ago#31
Bigpoppapump1 posted...
YanDaMan263 posted...
This is an issue I have with SMT games in general, you can get randomed out with a game over at almost every encounter due to bad RNG.

That's what makes it exciting rather imo. Compared to FFXV where you know you can't die to anything. The fear of death isn't really strong in this game but it's there at least.

It does add some excitement to be sure, but at the same time, I really hate losing progress when its not even my own fault.

In standard SMT games, you have to pray you dont get ambushed when an encounter happen since you dont see them on the map, then you have to pray all the demons you encounter dont all target the same dude which usually results in death and potential wipe. It's really dumb how a single ambush can make you lose your entire progress up to your last save point.
LOL @ U

User Info: kuroishironeko

kuroishironeko
6 months ago#32
This FFXV argument gets stale. You know that you CAN die right? Without Phoenix Downs and if the rest of the party is down, it's Game Over. Just try fighting Coeurls while your low level...
Sophie and Plachta are the perfect Yuri couple. Best ship in the Atelier series ^_^

User Info: jpridgen0

jpridgen0
6 months ago#33
YanDaMan263 posted...
This is an issue I have with SMT games in general, you can get randomed out with a game over at almost every encounter due to bad RNG.

While that may be true, that's not what happened here. As someone else said, TC chose to fight something near 10 levels above him and then wondered why he got destroyed :/

I could list a few ways he could have made it out of there alive, even with the enemy 10 levels above him, but it seems like that'd be a waste, lol.
Prompto: "If young Noctis don't trust you I'm gon shoot you"

User Info: Bigpoppapump1

Bigpoppapump1
6 months ago#34
YanDaMan263 posted...
Bigpoppapump1 posted...
YanDaMan263 posted...

That's what makes it exciting rather imo. Compared to FFXV where you know you can't die to anything. The fear of death isn't really strong in this game but it's there at least.

It does add some excitement to be sure, but at the same time, I really hate losing progress when its not even my own fault.

I doubt I'll ever die more than 3 times if I decide to play the game over and over.
Plus most likely, you won't lose much progress because of save rooms.

If you do end up losing progress or dying often, it's more from sloppy play rather than cheap deaths.

They could make the battle system more complex and get rid of easy deaths, but then there would be another niche of the player base that complains loudly. Also with gamers these days, they can't handle much complexity, it's all instant gratification and quick action.

User Info: heyitsthatguy11

heyitsthatguy11
6 months ago#35
Brocknoth posted...
Safe rooms, use them.

This. If you're losing an HOUR (An hour? Really? REALLY!?) of progress then you are doing something wrong.

User Info: Januseses

Januseses
6 months ago#36
If you didn't save for over an hour then it's your own fault for losing that much progress. Debuffs, buffs and guarding are a thing too. So is checking how strong enemies are with third eye. Red aura = you gonna get murdered if you're not careful because the enemy is a lot stronger than you are. If you're not sure what an enemy is capable of then start off by buffing up and guarding. Everyone but the MC are expendable.

I never thought I'd actually say this, but this really is a case of: git gud.

User Info: heyitsthatguy11

heyitsthatguy11
6 months ago#37
Brocknoth posted...
If it was Eligor he was also lvl16. A full 9 levels above you. Pay attention to the aura of the enemies you intend to fight. Saves some headache later on.

The game literally TELLS you this too.
velvet_hammer posted...
SweetHeartRinoa posted...
Brocknoth posted...
Safe rooms, use them.

Sometimes saferooms are few and in between *looks at 7th palace*

This ass hat was actually the last enemy in front of the safehouse.. But I can already see this game is full of this BS so I'll probably move on to something better

Yeah ok child. Hour of progress, my ass.

User Info: Heartfang

Heartfang
6 months ago#38
YanDaMan263 posted...

Fighting an enemy 9 levels higher than you about 5 minutes after the tutorial about determining enemy strength is not RNG.
Common sense is just wisdom with its sleeves rolled up

User Info: Gailien

Gailien
6 months ago#39
Heartfang posted...
YanDaMan263 posted...

Fighting an enemy 9 levels higher than you about 5 minutes after the tutorial about determining enemy strength is not RNG.

Levels in SMT don't really matter; skills (on your Personas) do.

People tend to forget one thing - this isn't Final Fantasy.
now playing: Sorcery Saga (PS TV)

User Info: bybyr

bybyr
6 months ago#40
this game is probably the easiest persona game, if you cannot do it well, something is wrong with your style :P

but I do admit the early parts were the hardest, after you get into level 20-30, the rest of the game is a cakewalk
Member Since January 9th, 2005: mostly active in Saga Frontier boards. join our group! http://tinyurl.com/Sfgfaqs
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. lol this game is so cheap

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived