Most overrated Persona Girl?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Most overrated Persona Girl?

User Info: PhantasticPhool

PhantasticPhool
5 months ago#201
WarrenKeiSnow posted...
PhantasticPhool posted...

The problem isn't you disagreeing, but lying (thinking its the truth) and trying to spread it. The fact you didn't try to prove any of statements wrong makes this evident. Repeating yourself doesn't make it any more true. I guess the game must've been very boring for you then, sorry you had a bad experience.

So you mean like yourself making that topic demanding people tell you why Makoto is bad and that they "better have a GOOD reason why or else you are just an illogical hater"?

Which further proves my point that she is very overhyped by her psychotic fan base who cant except people not liking her without some reason they deem is ok (which will never happen because Makoto is so real and relatable).

I didn't tell people to do that at all, and you can quote me for that. Seriously. Read what I initially posted and tell me I said that. I DARE YOU!

The only one psychotic is the one flinging insults at people. I haven't attacked you at all, but you seem to want to resort to ad hominems. You can dislike something, but doing so without reason is blind hatred.
Opinions are scary. Facts are useless. Credibility is irrelevant. Unity is impossible. Emotions dictate everything. Humanity can change. But will we? I hope so!

User Info: Orpheus1347

Orpheus1347
5 months ago#202
http://i.imgur.com/CTeksQS.jpg

User Info: WarrenKeiSnow

WarrenKeiSnow
5 months ago#203
@PhantasticPhool so I can say that I dislike makoto because she is a boring and bland person and outside of Kaneshiros arc and the last part of Saes she is just a parrot box who repeats what the player already says and people praise her for it in game. I will also say she is the least attractive of all the girls which is my opinion.

But even with that she is very hyped up from throughout this board as well as other persona forums because the main reason people seem to like her is that she is somewhat psychotic in the metaverse, rides a persona motorbike (which she never even uses outside of one dungeon), fights like chie but also uses her fist like akihiko, and her PT outfit makes it seem like she has a large a**. Not to mention she is the only character who somehow gets an overpowered weapon that not even the tanks or MC can obtain. That dear boy is an overhyped character.
Persona has changed so many peoples lives...for the worse...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlSx7m09R60

User Info: Laocedric16

Laocedric16
5 months ago#204
WarrenKeiSnow posted...

But even with that she is very hyped up from throughout this board as well as other persona forums because the main reason people seem to like her is that she is somewhat psychotic in the metaverse, rides a persona motorbike (which she never even uses outside of one dungeon), fights like chie but also uses her fist like akihiko, and her PT outfit makes it seem like she has a large a**. Not to mention she is the only character who somehow gets an overpowered weapon that not even the tanks or MC can obtain. That dear boy is an overhyped character.

Gotta admit I was thinking she was best girl material, but god damn the character development went to the gutter after Kaneshiro's arc. Idk why the forgot to develop Makoto's character. It's a good thing Futaba exists. :o
http://i.imgur.com/G5cHOPX.jpg

User Info: PhantasticPhool

PhantasticPhool
5 months ago#205
WarrenKeiSnow posted...
@PhantasticPhool so I can say that I dislike makoto because she is a boring and bland person and outside of Kaneshiros arc and the last part of Saes she is just a parrot box who repeats what the player already says and people praise her for it in game. I will also say she is the least attractive of all the girls which is my opinion.

Well you can say it, but that's not really sound. I already said that you can't really call the characters bland unless somehow you can't distinguish them from other characters (if we're using the definition correctly, but then the problem lies with you not being able to discern one's character). You could call anyone boring, but most likely that isn't the truth as other people could probably say why that's wrong (I'm not the only one who could give big character analyses as to why the characters are interesting what makes watching them nice). And she's not really repeating what the character says, just following up on the player since they only say one line whenever they speak (they don't get the chance to follow up or elaborate so the other characters have to do that for them). And she's not the only one doing this (nor does get praised for it). I have yet to see someone cite evidence as to how this claim is true. That last part is certainly opinionated, and tastes differ so I can't fight that one.

And with that last description, I guess you could see it at as over-hyped, if you think that those are the only things good about her. There's more to her then you're actually describing. And I don't think I'm the only one who sees that, because I'm not some genius when it comes to character analysis (so there are probably others as well). In any case, every character could probably be analyzed to show such depth which is why I just really don't like this poll. You think that the fandoms for these characters are disturbing just because you don't have the ability to see what's great about the characters. This poll means nothing. After all I've never seen an official "Who's the most overrated character" poll.
Opinions are scary. Facts are useless. Credibility is irrelevant. Unity is impossible. Emotions dictate everything. Humanity can change. But will we? I hope so!

User Info: YanDaMan263

YanDaMan263
5 months ago#206
This poll seems more like a Makoto attack poll, considering the other options aside from Elizabeth sucks and were never the most popular.
LOL @ U

User Info: sillyfudgemonke

sillyfudgemonke
5 months ago#207
YanDaMan263 posted...
This poll seems more like a Makoto attack poll, considering the other options aside from Elizabeth sucks and were never the most popular.

I'm guessing you must've missed the Chie crazed that happened after the anime broke out (I know I did thankfully), and how it seems the only VR assistant that anyone likes seems to only be Elizabeth (esp since she's the only one who gets figures). The only one I'm iffy about is Maya, but TC might have run into rabid P2 fans so there's alway sthat. Tbh I'm surprised the list isn't longer but I guess that's what the "other" option is for. XP

User Info: faireya

faireya
5 months ago#208
This poll just says that for 180 people, Makoto is the female they consider most overrated or most over-hyped. Or that she was the first to come to mind for that position. I think people are taking it too seriously.

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
5 months ago#209
YanDaMan263 posted...

Of course it's a Makoto attack poll; it's a WarrenKeiSnow thread.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

User Info: WarrenKeiSnow

WarrenKeiSnow
5 months ago#210
1Tekkaman posted...
YanDaMan263 posted...

Of course it's a Makoto attack poll; it's a WarrenKeiSnow thread.

Hey I also dont like Yukari, but she is not hyped up like the others thus why she is not on this poll. Plus like I said I completely forgot about Naoto which is why she isn't on here but should be. I felt like Aigis wasn't overhyped being an android who only got true free will after P3 and look at her as the mascot of P3 (the dog was just for cute points).
Persona has changed so many peoples lives...for the worse...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlSx7m09R60
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Most overrated Persona Girl?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived