Does the eternal key and smokescreen carry over into NG+

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Does the eternal key and smokescreen carry over into NG+

User Info: meteora88

meteora88
1 month ago#1
Got myself an Eternal Key and a few Palace items such as smokescreen.

Do these carry over into NG+ ?

If not, do the materials that you need to make these carry over?

User Info: Vaelis_RHS

Vaelis_RHS
1 month ago#2
No and no.

User Info: meteora88

meteora88
1 month ago#3
Ah well. I still got my weapons and equipment then.

Thanks.

User Info: Lord_Shadow_19

Lord_Shadow_19
1 month ago#4
meteora88 posted...

No on both accounts.

At least in NG+ you'll have a lot more free time as you won't have to work on social stats, and because you already have high social stats (social stats carry over), you'll progress through social links quicker (social links do NOT carry over) and have a lot more free time to make tools and grind mementos and palaces where the materials can be farmed.

Edit: I will suggest not getting Ryujis social link to level 7, as it will hurt your ability to farm enemies in mementos and palaces if your level is too high.
PSN: Entropy19
Playing: Fallout 4, Overwatch

User Info: Jiyuu Falcon

Jiyuu Falcon
1 month ago#5
Lord_Shadow_19 posted...
Edit: I will suggest not getting Ryujis social link to level 7, as it will hurt your ability to farm enemies in mementos and palaces if your level is too high.

Because not ambushing enemies is too hard.

User Info: mada7

mada7
1 month ago#6
Lord_Shadow_19 posted...
meteora88 posted...

No on both accounts.

At least in NG+ you'll have a lot more free time as you won't have to work on social stats, and because you already have high social stats (social stats carry over), you'll progress through social links quicker (social links do NOT carry over) and have a lot more free time to make tools and grind mementos and palaces where the materials can be farmed.

You don't really need those items other than for the trophy and the items you need to get for the expensive crafts appear early enough that the odds of you being overleveled are pretty low. People generally only end up massively overleveled by abusing the reaper flu season interaction.

The extra free time means you also have a lot of chances to just make regular lockpicks and end up with way more of those than youll ever need as the materials for them are very common
3DS Friend Code = 5155 - 3829 - 9448

Lord_Shadow_19
1 month ago#7
Jiyuu Falcon posted...
Lord_Shadow_19 posted...

Because not ambushing enemies is too hard.

I never said it was, but ambushing enemies provides for faster battles that still allow me to gain items, money and exp, whereas instakill only provides me with personas that I already possess. This is actually an issue during later visits to mementos if you want to farm infiltration materials off of enemies that you may at some point be a much higher level than. I'd be much less likely to have an issue with instakill if at the very least you were provided with the money, exp, and items you might have gotten from the fight and not just the persona.

Really, instakill should have been toggleable.

User Info: Jiyuu Falcon

Jiyuu Falcon
1 month ago#8
Lord_Shadow_19 posted...
ambushing enemies provides for faster battles

How terrible do you have to be at this game to not utterly faceroll battles when you’re overleveled enough to trigger Insta-kill?

Also, unless you’re looking to get the Eternal Lockpick at the earliest possibility, in which case you’ll be farming them in palace 4 anyway, you’ll get all the materials you’ll ever need without farming over the normal course of the game.

Lord_Shadow_19
1 month ago#9
Jiyuu Falcon posted...
Lord_Shadow_19 posted...
ambushing enemies provides for faster battles

How terrible do you have to be at this game to not utterly faceroll battles when you’re overleveled enough to trigger Insta-kill?

Also, unless you’re looking to get the Eternal Lockpick at the earliest possibility, in which case you’ll be farming them in palace 4 anyway, you’ll get all the materials you’ll ever need without farming over the normal course of the game.

First of all, what the f*** is your problem, I haven't been at all hostile to you, even after your first remark, so drop the f***ing attitude or don't respond to me at all.

As I stated, it isn't an issue of difficulty (especially on NG+ where you can in fact faceroll with high level persona and gear), it's simply a matter of saving time. Also, I simply enjoy ambushing enemies, it's cool and stylish.

User Info: MasterJG

MasterJG
1 month ago#10
Ryuji Rank 7 is also a REALLY bad idea in NG+ if you did not get the Passionate Listener trophy the first go round. You'd have to grind Mementos forever without ambushing anything.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Does the eternal key and smokescreen carry over into NG+

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived