Steel's Persona Diaries - A First Time Persona Player's Playlog Part 2

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Steel's Persona Diaries - A First Time Persona Player's Playlog Part 2

User Info: SteelWingKnight

SteelWingKnight
4 days ago#71
SaizotheSixth posted...

You mean to say grinding for materials to make things such as lockpicks isn't worth your time to go to Mementos, even without any requests?
If you had Prof. 5 and the Eternal Lockpick, I'd get that. Do you?

Yep, made that a few days ago.
Somehow managed to craft 2 of them. Now why would I need two unbreaking lockpicks? Not sure, but I somehow made two in one go.

MedicalGamer posted...
Heads up: there's a time limit on the twin warden's confidant. After a certain point you won't be able to complete it.
Also get the high counter skill card. You'll need it for a request

Thanks for the heads up. Have them at rank 8. I'll be sure to do that soon. Already got a couple high counters!
#1 Flora Fan: http://the-secret-shop.tumblr.com/image/144376869209
FEH Team: Wendy Hector BK Ayra /// FGO: Tamamo/Tamamo Cat/Medusa/Okita/Scathach/Gil

User Info: rahmed51387

rahmed51387
4 days ago#72
So I just caught up to you in game and am now currently upset. Does this mean I have to continue this cleared save file to continue? Our did I totally mess up somewhere?
PSN:LonelyDesperado
MissTFayed: rahmed51387 - You got the surfer accent. You are officially the smartest person on here.

User Info: Deathfyre6

Deathfyre6
4 days ago#73
rahmed51387 posted...
So I just caught up to you in game and am now currently upset. Does this mean I have to continue this cleared save file to continue? Our did I totally mess up somewhere?

Did you sell out your team?
PSN-----RivailleRavioli
Btw don't sleep on Death or he will bring death!---Juxtapose
Good insights on the character, such as Leviathan.
Yeah the Desperation was wild. Cool part of the game now.
Game art: tangerinepop.com (Art & writing: wattpad.com/user/jettmanas) (CFN: indie_animator) jettmanas on YouTube (PSN: cpnsleepy)

User Info: SteelWingKnight

SteelWingKnight
4 days ago#75
Whoa, that was really something. Got through all the story parts until you can save again, safe at home.
Really, really clever what the game did, witholding information from the player through the framed narrative so it ends up a tricky "what the heck just happened" surprise.
This story just got real good - just took a looooong time to get there.

I'm too tired to type out a full reaction, so I'll do it when I wake up.

Deathfyre6 posted...
rahmed51387 posted...

How could you?!?!?!?! Did you learn nothing?

@rahmed51387 (read this following spoiler line and only this one line)

Replay through those scenes again and pick different dialogue choices, and things might end up differently.

Just for run I went back and re-did that story sequence.

The first time I stayed silent and didn't say a thing, and I assume things went as planned.

The second time I went back and chose different options, and... things went differently. If you sell out your teammates, you never get a chance to talk to Sae about Akechi or get her to show the phone to him, the plan doesn't go through, and Joker dies for real and you get the bad ending. This caught me by surprise that this was possible, I didn't actually think different choices would lead to different result - after all, they haven't in the game so far.

It's really clever what the game does here. The investigation is sort of a test of the player's character as well as Joker's - did they form bonds with their allies, did they grow to trust them and care for them, being put to the ultimate test - would they risk their life to save them? The player is unknowingly being tested as well as the protagonist - have they really been rehabilitated and learned the lessons they were supposed to? Stay silent and cover for your allies, and they'll end up saving you. Give them away to protect yourself, and your plan backfires and you die - and get a bad ending! It was really unexpected, that the game can actually throw you a bad ending for making the wrong choice, but it's not just a simple dialogue choice, it's a test of the player, not through typical gameplay mechanics but a test of character! I can be happy I passed and got the good outcome on my first attempt. I was so stunned it actually gives you a game over when I went back a second time to see different dialogue options.

Bravo, P5 writers.
#1 Flora Fan: http://the-secret-shop.tumblr.com/image/144376869209
FEH Team: Wendy Hector BK Ayra /// FGO: Tamamo/Tamamo Cat/Medusa/Okita/Scathach/Gil
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: rahmed51387

rahmed51387
4 days ago#76
Deathfyre6 posted...
rahmed51387 posted...

Not my party members...

But now that I know they are also on the line, and will reload accordingly. Thank God I didn't overwrite that save file.
PSN:LonelyDesperado
MissTFayed: rahmed51387 - You got the surfer accent. You are officially the smartest person on here.

User Info: SaizotheSixth

SaizotheSixth
4 days ago#77
SteelWingKnight posted...
SaizotheSixth posted...
You mean to say grinding for materials to make things such as lockpicks isn't worth your time to go to Mementos, even without any requests?
If you had Prof. 5 and the Eternal Lockpick, I'd get that. Do you?

Yep, made that a few days ago.
Somehow managed to craft 2 of them. Now why would I need two unbreaking lockpicks? Not sure, but I somehow made two in one go.

Fair enough.

And that happens sometimes randomly. You'll make two of any given craftable thing on occasion.
It's not our mission to jump feet-first into hell, but to make sure it's crowded when we do.
-Out of context quote from me

User Info: goodJT

goodJT
4 days ago#78
SteelWingKnight posted...
Made me think a bit more than previous fights, and actually use ally buffs, enemy buff removals, and switching personas for the first time really.

You really should have been buffing and debuffing from the start on the game. This is SMT.
AKA Tykronos/Ryltex,The Glass Wraith of Gamefaqs.
https://i.imgur.com/78v9AxX.png https://i.imgur.com/ekG1Aj3.jpg A Foursome you should support.
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: goodJT

goodJT
4 days ago#79
indie_animator posted...
Good insights on the character, such as Leviathan.
Yeah the Desperation was wild. Cool part of the game now.

This won't be the last time this skill is seen in the game.
AKA Tykronos/Ryltex,The Glass Wraith of Gamefaqs.
https://i.imgur.com/78v9AxX.png https://i.imgur.com/ekG1Aj3.jpg A Foursome you should support.

User Info: Deathfyre6

Deathfyre6
4 days ago#80
rahmed51387 posted...
But now that I know they are also on the line, and will reload accordingly. Thank God I didn't overwrite that save file.

Good, remember the bonds you have created, and grasp the truth that will save you from the brink of ruin.
PSN-----RivailleRavioli
Btw don't sleep on Death or he will bring death!---Juxtapose
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Steel's Persona Diaries - A First Time Persona Player's Playlog Part 2

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.