My Friend said, my Pharah drawing is too smiley... =.=

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. My Friend said, my Pharah drawing is too smiley... =.=

User Info: EchoPianist

EchoPianist
1 year ago#21
o0Shadow0o posted...
EchoPianist posted...

There isn't anything wrong with the facial details by itself (apart from maybe making her nose slightly lengthier), but the way it meshes with the rest of the drawing doesn't seem natural. It feels like all the details on her face (eyes, brows, nose, mouth) were just sort of tacked on to the drawing. Maybe play around with the angles a little bit more.

Mm... maybe you are just not familiar with Anime and Manga? Because don't really see anything wrong with that. I may be wrong though. Also, the Pharah piece is a sketchy piece. It's not a perfection piece like the D.VA I did, so mistakes here and there are acceptable.

Here I found this picture from a Manga, which has a similar angle with my Pharah, although this picture's head turns a bit more than mine. You can see the positions of the facial features are pretty much on the same spot between mine and this picture:
http://s7.favim.com/orig/150702/anime-girl-cry-llorar-manga-girl-Favim.com-2887134.jpg

Plenty familiar with anime actually, I used to be into drawing years back myself. I still feel the position and angle of her facial features could use a bit more work.
FFRK Roaming Warrior | Yuna - Trigger Happy: r1ui

User Info: Suicide_Jester

Suicide_Jester
1 year ago#22
Good job on the drawing!
http://i.imgur.com/1H8TIxh.jpg

User Info: Chaos-15

Chaos-15
1 year ago#23
I need to get back to drawing.
*gets a piece of paper and stares at it for 3 hours*

Any time now.
Accept Madoka as your new God.

User Info: AfroPrime

AfroPrime
1 year ago#24
The smile is fine, but she doesn't look much like Pharah to me in terms of the face.

User Info: Degeneraterra

Degeneraterra
1 year ago#25
She does have a more laidback vibe than pharah is usually portrayed as having, the small smile doesnt seem that out of place, it may be the style of the eyes being on the big side. Nice drawing though.

User Info: o0Shadow0o

o0Shadow0o
1 year ago#26
Degeneraterra posted...
She does have a more laidback vibe than pharah is usually portrayed as having, the small smile doesnt seem that out of place, it may be the style of the eyes being on the big side. Nice drawing though.

Check her "Mission Complete" highlight intro, she smiles there (a bit). Also, the short comic "Mission Statement" shows Pharah indeed has emotions. :)

For my drawing, you could say, She's smiling because she sees Mercy coming (and is waving to her in greeting). XD

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
1 year ago#27
I still totally don't see her Mission Complete intro as a smile. It's totally a matter of camera angle/perspective. The corners of her mouth *appear* to curve upward slightly, but it's only because her mouth follows the contours of her face and curves out slightly at her cheeks. When viewed from a low angle like that, curving outward will appear to curve upwardinstead... but viewed from straight on, her expression would be completely neutral.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdH1a8qvxiI#t=9s

Not to say she can't smile... just that she's very stoic in-game.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: Senkoy

Senkoy
1 year ago#28
Wish I could draw half as well as you. Hell, I wish I could draw at all. Those are really good.
Such a lust for revenge! WHOOOOOOOOOO??!

User Info: mrJLJ66

mrJLJ66
1 year ago#29
Oh my, I absolutely LOVE your D.Va art. Dunno if you're still viewing this thread, but it's so good :o :D
pacta sunt servanda

User Info: JustinTheJagged

JustinTheJagged
1 year ago#30
Smiley Pharah is best Pharah.
Gamer for life, 34 years and counting.
A life without video games is not a life worth living.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. My Friend said, my Pharah drawing is too smiley... =.=

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived