learning a main hero vs all heroes

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. learning a main hero vs all heroes

User Info: dennis941012

dennis941012
7 months ago#21
filling does s***
3DS FC: 5214-9942-1912

User Info: CopShowGuy

CopShowGuy
7 months ago#22
At the moment, I'm comfortable with playing at least two heroes from each of the game's categories in competitive. There's also at least one character in each category that I refuse to play (Pharah, Torbjorn, Roadhog, and Mercy) but I still know how they work.
GET AGAINST THE TREE!!!
~ The Sage of Shadow ~

User Info: BlackBlazeQ

BlackBlazeQ
7 months ago#23
I look at it like this.. If you have been playing since release you should be able to play most of the cast at a competent level. Characters that are hard to learn are genji widow hanzo tracer sombra mCree IMO they take a long time to get good with. Even still if you have been playing since release and you only play like 3 characters then you need to learn more heroes so you can be versatile. You have had plenty of time at this point. Now new players should take it slow and stuck to a few heroes until they level up and get better at the game.
Intel I7 4790(non k) 3.6GHz,16gb RAM DDR3,GTX 1080, MSI Z97 PC mate MOBO, Corsair 540. Gaming at 1440p 144hz is just amazing!!! PC MASTER RACE!

User Info: legefy

legefy
6 months ago#24
The more characters you can play the more options you have for each situation.
I need power over the people! The stupid, stupid people!

User Info: Onipaladin

Onipaladin
6 months ago#25
I try for 1-2 in each category but I can use all the support and tank rolls decently and am pretty poor in offense.
Friend Codes ; 1891 1168 2591 - Manny
0576 441 7875 - Vinnie

User Info: _PENNEL_

_PENNEL_
6 months ago#26
You should have some time on all heroes (in quickplay at least) so that you know how they work and you can fight against them.

Then specialize in what you prefer. Learn a few heroes in depth that you prefer. But at least have the ground work there for the different roles in case you need to switch to them.

User Info: PaleOak

PaleOak
6 months ago#27
You should be competent with at LEAST one character per role. Tank/DPS/Defense/Support

If you prefer to play a certain role, then you should learn an addition character in that category, in case it is chosen before you get it.

User Info: Edavy89

Edavy89
6 months ago#28
I learn all the characters kits so I understand them well enough to counter them. But i definitely have a handful I gravitate toward.

User Info: MajinUltima

MajinUltima
6 months ago#29
It's best to at least have a basic level of competence with everyone, because it helps you learn how to play against them as well.

Though tbh most people are terrible at this game and make no effort to exercise any basic level of decision making, so it really doesn't matter.

Trash player gonna pick Tracer/Genji into an entrenched Sym/Torb combo, run to the objective, get easily overwhelmed and die, ping "attack the objective" a bunch, and then blame everyone else for being bad.

dennis941012 posted...
filling does s***

--Honestly, this. I used to fill more because I'm better than average with a wider array of characters, but you run into enough idiots picking Tracer on Hanamura Defense, and why should you handicap yourself into playing a healer when it's already 5v6?

You try to support the team with whoever, a healer, Reinhardt, etc... and no one on your team swaps to deal with that Widowmaker sitting far away getting unearned kill after unearned kill. They just keep walking into it like lemmings. So why be flexible and handicap yourself for their sake?

About half the players on any given team I queue into don't even make it to the door opening without me squelching+blocking them, because I can tell from their picks, I can tell from how spastic they are about spamming in the spawn room, that they're bad and have nothing productive to communicate.

Pick and play better yourself for the situation, because trying to support other people in this player base is a fast way to get really fed up with them.
http://i.imgur.com/mYFkgcb.gifv

User Info: Wagger_25

Wagger_25
6 months ago#30
MajinUltima posted...
It's best to at least have a basic level of competence with everyone, because it helps you learn how to play against them as well.

Though tbh most people are terrible at this game and make no effort to exercise any basic level of decision making, so it really doesn't matter.

Trash player gonna pick Tracer/Genji into an entrenched Sym/Torb combo, run to the objective, get easily overwhelmed and die, ping "attack the objective" a bunch, and then blame everyone else for being bad.

dennis941012 posted...
filling does s***

--Honestly, this. I used to fill more because I'm better than average with a wider array of characters, but you run into enough idiots picking Tracer on Hanamura Defense, and why should you handicap yourself into playing a healer when it's already 5v6?

You try to support the team with whoever, a healer, Reinhardt, etc... and no one on your team swaps to deal with that Widowmaker sitting far away getting unearned kill after unearned kill. They just keep walking into it like lemmings. So why be flexible and handicap yourself for their sake?

About half the players on any given team I queue into don't even make it to the door opening without me squelching+blocking them, because I can tell from their picks, I can tell from how spastic they are about spamming in the spawn room, that they're bad and have nothing productive to communicate.

Pick and play better yourself for the situation, because trying to support other people in this player base is a fast way to get really fed up with them.

You seem real fun to play with
Cowboys 13-3
https://imgur.com/tfRdkkf
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. learning a main hero vs all heroes

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived