How to run this on Windows 7 64 bit?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Quake II
  3. How to run this on Windows 7 64 bit?

User Info: ahriikdoom

ahriikdoom
6 years ago#1
I recently got a new computer with Windows 7 64 bit. Before I got it, i had enjoyed playing Quake II on my old computer, and it worked fine, as I was running Windows XP. But now, with Windows 7 64 bit, I am able to install Quake II fine, but I am having some problems running it. I start it up, and the window its on is really small, and I can't make it larger or get OpenGL to work. I tried running it through a source port, Quake2Max, and it doesnt work. I really want to play Quake II, cuz its awesome. I would very much rather not have to buy it on Steam, since I already have the game on a CD meant for Windows 95. Can anyone help me get it to work?

User Info: free-bee

free-bee
6 years ago#2
Did you try "compatibility mode"? I don't have Windows 7 so I don't know.
HEY! YOU! DUMB ***! YEA YOU! COME HERE!
I'm not stupid, just not too bright. *wonders where calculator is*

ahriikdoom
6 years ago#3
i already tried that. No luck. Does anyone perhaps know of a source port that will allow me to play Quake II on windows 7? (I have also tried playing Quake II on Steam, it doesnt work)

ahriikdoom
6 years ago#4
I found an old Windows 98 install disc lying around, so I'm gonna install that to a Virtual Drive and see if i can play Quake II on it

User Info: free-bee

free-bee
6 years ago#5
Did it work?
HEY! YOU! DUMB ***! YEA YOU! COME HERE!
I'm not stupid, just not too bright. *wonders where calculator is*
  1. Boards
  2. Quake II
  3. How to run this on Windows 7 64 bit?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived