What's up with that chest in the secret area of Stratum 2?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth
  3. What's up with that chest in the secret area of Stratum 2?

User Info: Meta289

Meta289
2 months ago#21
You're able to get preemptive strikes against enemies, so it's only fair that they can do the same. Even FOEs play by the same rules. You get them from behind, you strike first, they get you from behind, they strike first.
https://i.imgur.com/fw1QFvY.png - Tea time, f***ers.
Turkey Clasp: Made from a wary bird's tail feathers to understand the struggles of turkeydom.

User Info: Salocool

Salocool
2 months ago#22
Meta289 posted...
You're able to get preemptive strikes against enemies, so it's only fair that they can do the same. Even FOEs play by the same rules. You get them from behind, you strike first, they get you from behind, they strike first.

Sure, it's fair to get sent to a Game Over screen through pure RNG.

At least, the game saves your map data and offer plenty of shortcuts to alleviate the bulls***.
And the Lord [...] drive out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

User Info: Meta289

Meta289
2 months ago#23
If you can't stand to lose through random chance, then how do you gamble?
https://i.imgur.com/fw1QFvY.png - Tea time, f***ers.
Turkey Clasp: Made from a wary bird's tail feathers to understand the struggles of turkeydom.

User Info: Blademaster_Aio

Blademaster_Aio
2 months ago#24
Meta289 posted...
If you can't stand to lose through random chance, then how do you gamble?

Then you don't gamble.
Believe God is one, and believe in the hereafter.

User Info: danmiy12

danmiy12
2 months ago#25
and its funny atlus made a pokemon reference with the chest being like a pokeball and them being electric rodents...esp since megavolt sounds very sim to pikachus best move...though its not funny when they kick your butt in an ambush...hope you have lv5 killer bow or stacks of them on your chars (cause it makes the game roll multiple times for blindside block and your healer doesnt really need m.atk so he usually is the one holding the bow)
MH4U :Atom HH main 5.7k uses hr999/Sonata MHGen 3.7k HH uses 3ds FC 4699-8385-62781
my MH OC: http://danmiy12.deviantart.com/art/Sonata-as-a-Palico-670554160

User Info: Buretsu

Buretsu
2 months ago#26
If you're going to whine this hard about surprise wipes, then Etrian Odyssey is probably not the series for you.
Recently Beaten: Danganronpa V3 Currently Playing: Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth
Most Looking Forward To: SMT: Strange Journey Redux

User Info: Salocool

Salocool
2 months ago#27
Buretsu posted...
If you're going to whine this hard about surprise wipes, then Etrian Odyssey is probably not the series for you.

"Oh god, he's holding a critique of one singular aspect of the game! I should snidely reply how this game isn't for him."

Thanks for the great input buddy, I crown you king of this thread.
And the Lord [...] drive out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

User Info: Oshawottownage

Oshawottownage
2 months ago#28
Salocool posted...
Buretsu posted...

"Oh god, he's holding a critique of one singular aspect of the game! I should snidely reply how this game isn't for him."

Thanks for the great input buddy, I crown you king of this thread.

Yeah normally me and Salocool here don't get along...but this is just fine.

Salocool deserves no hate for this.
I am definitely not an alt.
Official oshawott of the 3DS board

User Info: Sandor_Clause

Sandor_Clause
2 months ago#29
Meta289 posted...

As it turns out, all the AI enemies don't just get a game over and disappear if you kill one party of enemies. So no, it's not the same, and comparing them is frankly just f***ing stupid. Imagine a scenario where your opponent has to win a 50/50 dice roll. You, on the other hand, have to win that 50/50 dice roll fifty times in a row. To think that's 'fair' is just insanity.
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth
  3. What's up with that chest in the secret area of Stratum 2?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived