I hate Dreamrays so much.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them

User Info: Salocool

Salocool
2 months ago#11
Stardust : Ailments, or focus your attack for a one-turn kill. (Bolt Slash, Focus Chant/Fireball, One-Two Punch)

Emperor Falcon : Reflex Herbs *10* + Herb Mastery *10* for survival.

Xenopod : Thunderbreak, Petal Scatter, any strong attack.

DreamRays : Bolt Slash, Thunder Punch, Focus Chant/Lightning, any strong electric attack.
And the Lord [...] drive out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

User Info: andrewlkt

andrewlkt
2 months ago#12
Cannon bearer is better than masurao in putting the stardusts to sleep. Also has the added benefit of going last.

What stops those stupid wily parrots from copying you other than the odd/even thing? This assumes I miss the leg bind. I could swear that it sometimes doesn't counterattack even on the turn it's supposed to. I thought it was arm bind at first but that seems wrong. Sleep is the only one I'm pretty sure that works.

User Info: magiccube4527

magiccube4527
2 months ago#13
I thought they were bad when I first got to them...but then I saw the 28 and 29F enemies. And well...I wasn't exactly happy. I started just running away from most encounters. Usually something like a missed bind or ailment is all it takes to get a wipe during the higher floor encounters.
3DS FC: 0817 - 4343 - 4167
New Leaf Dream Code: 5300-2211-1277

User Info: Blademaster_Aio

Blademaster_Aio
2 months ago#14
andrewlkt posted...
Cannon bearer is better than masurao in putting the stardusts to sleep. Also has the added benefit of going last.

What stops those stupid wily parrots from copying you other than the odd/even thing? This assumes I miss the leg bind. I could swear that it sometimes doesn't counterattack even on the turn it's supposed to. I thought it was arm bind at first but that seems wrong. Sleep is the only one I'm pretty sure that works.

Priority moves like rapid cannon, the hawk rover's basic hawk skill, union skills... there are ways around it.

As for the cicadas - do not use elemental attacks till you've bound their heads or whatever body part uses death rampage. Either arms or legs.

Binding head + mana guard = weak death rampage.

And don't let them debuff you.

Also I'm unsure if the parrots counter physical or elemental attacks. I think it's physical but I could be wrong.
Believe God is one, and believe in the hereafter.

User Info: andrewlkt

andrewlkt
2 months ago#15
Cicadas are the easiest for my party so far since my party sucks at elemental attacks anyway. Clinch + helm splitter just wrecks them and gets me the conditional most of the time.

User Info: xMaris

xMaris
1 month ago#16
My counter: Cerberus + Stardust or Cerberus with Mimic Aye Aye at around 29F or Dreamray

Cerberus has very high phys attack which might bring down your low defense frontliners (read: masurao) if you're not prepared for their full party attack. Mix in Dreamray's free elemental attack/the aye aye's copy for a prayer to RNGesus that your party isn't wiped

Also, Cerberus will prevent any revives from happening and heal from the attempted revive. This includes Hygeia's bowl, auto-revives, reincarnation etc. and having stardust paired with cerberus is very common in 28/29F whichever floor they appear in.

Blademaster_Aio posted...
andrewlkt posted...

Also I'm unsure if the parrots counter physical or elemental attacks. I think it's physical but I could be wrong.

Parrots counter physical attacks on the 1st turn, and then elemental attacks on the 2nd. The 3rd turn is a free turn, and then this cycle repeats.

User Info: pectus_umbra

pectus_umbra
1 month ago#17
Just beat the game last night and had my first taste of them last night. Can understand the distaste. Fight one and that had me turn around for the evening.

But hey I got to stomp primordiphant, so that's nice.
My Puzzle and Dragons Box:
https://www.padherder.com/user/pectus_umbra/monsters

User Info: xenos74

xenos74
1 month ago#18
Emperor Falcon were an issue to my backrow at first, but once i geared up and leveled up, they went down fairly easily.

Stardust I just plainly hate. They're easy to kill but God forbid you accidentally splash dmg or anything on them and they Insta kill someone. I generally just ran from them. Got worse when it was i got encounters with 3 stardust 2 imps (I believe that was the formation), and the imps redirect your targeting for those instant kills .

Cerberus were easy for me because my team was loaded with elemental dmg and I could bring them down before they did their aoe, usually.

Cicada wiped me out the first time since I didn't know about their death magic counter, and my current team can't get the conditional since they don't even survive Chain blast, so I generally avoid fighting them.

The queen/witch enemies on 28 and 29 were mostly easy even against my elemental team hitting her for 1s, mostly due to my chaser hitting her 1k+ multiple times. But if they ambush with those monkeys....its an instant wipe to aoe hell.

6th stratum definitely made me change my tactics

User Info: xMaris

xMaris
1 month ago#19
Cerberus would be easy but I only have elemental damage from my elemancer, so rip me. It all depends on whos in your teams in the end I suppose, but just a fair warning to those attempting to revive only to get bamboozled by that 3 headed bastard at the last minute

I hate the queen/witch lady ye gods. They sometimes summon on the first turn and I waste a mana guard on nothing, and then when I do predict that the will summon, it turns out that having different mobs will also change its attack patterns so I get wiped by walpurgisnacht again

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived