EO3 Undersea Grotto.....

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them

User Info: GiantTitan22

GiantTitan22
1 month ago#1
Sorry guys, I'm just asking here cause it's probably the most active EO board. So something has really been bothering me about the Undersea Grotto. Are we actually underwater? At first I thought the water was just drained out from the calamity but then there are water currents. I'm loving this game but for consistency and plot I need to know what's going on? If we are actually underwater how are we breathing? Did I miss some sort of dialogue? Please help a guy out without any major spoilers
Currently playing: DQII, DQIX, Steins Gate

User Info: Blademaster_Aio

Blademaster_Aio
1 month ago#2
You are underwater and you're breathing.

How?

One of the mysteries of Yggdrasil I guess.
Believe God is one, and believe in the hereafter.

User Info: Terragent

Terragent
1 month ago#3
Being able to magically breathe underwater still makes more sense than the main plot of EO3, to be honest.
The person who respects the letter of the law but not the spirit is a person with no justice in their heart.

User Info: GiantTitan22

GiantTitan22
1 month ago#4
Thanks guys, appreciate it. Sad to hear that EO3s plot ends up sounding like a mess but at least the game itself is fun :/
Currently playing: DQII, DQIX, Steins Gate

User Info: Salocool

Salocool
1 month ago#5
GiantTitan22 posted...
Thanks guys, appreciate it. Sad to hear that EO3s plot ends up sounding like a mess but at least the game itself is fun :/

Spoiler : All EO games have messy, laughable plots. It goes with the franchise (and most RPGs, broadly speaking.)
And the Lord [...] drive out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

User Info: DrFetus

DrFetus
1 month ago#6
Yggdrasil did it.

GiantTitan22 posted...

It had a fairly strong start. Then falls apart at the end. More specifically, the true ending was just an utter mess from both a gameplay and writing standpoint.

User Info: Terragent

Terragent
1 month ago#7
EO4 was EO3's plot done right, basically.
The person who respects the letter of the law but not the spirit is a person with no justice in their heart.

User Info: Jaquan1

Jaquan1
1 month ago#8
DrFetus posted...
Yggdrasil did it.

GiantTitan22 posted...

It had a fairly strong start. Then falls apart at the end. More specifically, the true ending was just an utter mess from both a gameplay and writing standpoint.

Dunno I didn't truly mind the ambiguity of the true ending. While yes stumbling on it is pretty unintuitive Especially the Yes-man part, though having to not immediately accept the "final" Mission also stings the other elements to it weren't as terrible.

As of finding Deepest One again I can only assume that they gambled on player realizing that doors leading to it weren't anything special but just doors locked with moon key, which coincidently you get right at the end of your second to last missions and then player piecing together smaller hints from other two roads.
From the story perspective... Well It's ambiguous. It's possible that our party returning to see Progenitor again despite it "almost killing" us reminded it of Gertrude who as it states was the first one to not fear it. Maybe the time it spent in the prison outside of Abyssal God's influence mellowed it down a bit and decided to show both forces one last "f*** you" before it would lose it's free will again. Or it just used us to regain its strength and at the same time weaken the Yggdrasil forces by removing Deep City's ruler out of equation. Any of those interpretation works.
All praise the Gargwazios the Almighty.
Stablemaster of the Gargwa - I shall ride them all.. IGN: Kayla FC: Yeah sorry not giving this one away.

User Info: AnubisXTS

AnubisXTS
1 month ago#9
What I don't understand about EO3 is why people don't like Kujura, his class is the coolest
I invented being a newbie scrub who started playing MonHun with MHGen. Please show appropriate disdain.

User Info: Turbo_TRex

Turbo_TRex
1 month ago#10
Hopefully we'll get EOIIIU and they'll do it better this time. Then again, with the way the story in EOIIU ended, maybe we shouldn't get our hopes up.
To err is human. To blame your computer for your mistakes is even more human.
3DS Friend Code: 1736-0776-2758 IGN: Michael NNID: Turbo-TRex

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived