Challenge run : You cannot use Union Skills

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth
  3. Challenge run : You cannot use Union Skills

User Info: Salocool

Salocool
1 month ago#1
Are you up to it?
And the Lord [...] drive out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

User Info: Terron145

Terron145
1 month ago#2
75% of the time, I forget I have them in the first place. Gods, you should have seen me when I was playing EO2U - damn near never popped a Force Boost unless we were engaging a Boss or an FOE.

If I commit to a run like this, it just means I can no longer abuse Mana Heal, which is just about all I ever use my Union Skills for during regular exploration. I'll miss Aegis Guard when going up against the Star Devourer, but I reckon I'll find something else to deal with that anyway.

User Info: Chris_Lv255

Chris_Lv255
1 month ago#3
no Chain Blast? Could be interesting if not for the fact I can poor-man an alternative with my Barrage pugilist.
Pokemon Diamond: 4424 8048 1193 - Trainer Name: Chris
G-Stone and Core Drill, set! SPIRAL FUUUUSION!

User Info: xMaris

xMaris
1 month ago#4
Well f*** me up sideways the number of times i use Hygeias bowl in the game can easily become a drinking game

User Info: Jaquan1

Jaquan1
1 month ago#5
Salocool posted...
Are you up to it?

Nope. Love my Mist/Chain Blast/Tri Magic/Emergency Retreat all too much
All praise the Gargwazios the Almighty.
Stablemaster of the Gargwa - I shall ride them all.. IGN: Kayla FC: Yeah sorry not giving this one away.

User Info: Qcumber01

Qcumber01
1 month ago#6
I mostly just use Mana Heal for TP healing and Hygeia's Bowl for reviving. I'm pretty sure Resuscitate is better for that, but IDK how to use it, last time I tried my Masurao stayed KO'd.
Forbidden spells of ancient time, cast to guard against decline!
Forbidden spells of twilight force, feed the virus from its source!

User Info: Gamemaster64

Gamemaster64
1 month ago#7
Qcumber01 posted...
I'm pretty sure Resuscitate is better for that, but IDK how to use it, last time I tried my Masurao stayed KO'd.

You select the other character needed for the union and then you select the dead person. also if you back out you need to redo the union skill.
Ball! Ball! Poke Ball!
Ball! Ball! Ultra Ball!

User Info: Qcumber01

Qcumber01
1 month ago#8
Thought so, I must have accidentally selected my Pugilist twice by accident. Though I'm surprised it still went through on "reviving" a member who wasn't KO'd - usually when I'm selecting a member/enemy that can't be selected with the skill/action (e.g. attacking an enemy who is already dead, or healing a member who is already at full health), it targets a different member/enemy instead.

Either way, Hygeia's Bowl is still pretty useful. I rarely had to revive twice in the same battle, and it healed all other members too. So if my Pugilist (who also got hit quite a lot) was at low HP, they would get healed too.

Hygeia's Bowl is just really useful in general, regardless of whether or not it's only one member who needs reviving.
Forbidden spells of ancient time, cast to guard against decline!
Forbidden spells of twilight force, feed the virus from its source!

User Info: Enfinete

Enfinete
1 month ago#9
Probably not a big problem but ailment/bind infliction will be rough and bad battles are harder to escape :/
"The Story will become Legend...." - From Riviera: The Promised Land

User Info: Salocool

Salocool
1 month ago#10
Enfinete posted...
bad battles are harder to escape :/

The escape union skill should be allowed, if only to offset the RNG factor in blindsides.
And the Lord [...] drive out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.
  1. Boards
  2. Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth
  3. Challenge run : You cannot use Union Skills

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived