Seriously, F the Hippogryph

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth
  3. Seriously, F the Hippogryph

User Info: Salocool

Salocool
1 month ago#11
Switch to Basic, obviously.
And the Lord [...] drive out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

User Info: shadow8blade

shadow8blade
1 month ago#12
Level 9 bunkers can defend better than dragon roar ever can. Dragon roar is not that great honestly. Keeping binds on it will help if you have the option. I put the Dragoon in the back row since the defenses on them isn't that great until late game. I would use a harbinger as a 2nd attacker/status ailment in the front. Late game the harbinger shines amazingly well. Necros are useless early in the game due to high TP costs and taking up space for bunkers. Chain blast is effective into late game. This fight can be tricky since most people describe fights with the master classes rather than explain their tactics with the early fights. Enough trial and error will eventually get you through so don't worry.

User Info: MrKunio

MrKunio
1 month ago#13
What i did was started off with a head bind, and just kept chipping away until he went into a defense guard. At that point i spammed like 4 petrify jars on him and it worked. Towards the end i was able to land a poison bomb.

Try the petrify and bind jars if you havent yet, it helped me out
Official Mr. Bousouzoku 1986
3DS Fc: Mr. Kunio - 3437-4087-1475

User Info: nihtay

nihtay
1 month ago#14
Had a lot of trouble with this boss too.

The Gorgon bow that you dumped in storage was very useful in this fight for my encounter, because keeping the monster pretrified so you could do full damage with electric attacks for 3-5 without having a party member die was supremely important in the battle of TP attrition. As I recall having a dragoon was a waste of a slot since most of the attacks kill in one or two hits anyway, so you'd rather be using items to heal/revive or throwing ailments at the chicken.

Of course it meant that the battle was heavily luck based, but I don't recall having enough defensive buff options to keep the party in the "die in three hit" range anyway, so might as well work with ailments and binds.

User Info: Chris_Lv255

Chris_Lv255
1 month ago#15
Binds and compressed lightning bolts was how I did this fight. It's amazing how much leeway for free damage you get when you bind away Sky Dive and the regen from the "defensive" stance.
Pokemon Diamond: 4424 8048 1193 - Trainer Name: Chris
G-Stone and Core Drill, set! SPIRAL FUUUUSION!

User Info: shileka

shileka
1 month ago#16
Chris_Lv255 posted...
Binds and compressed lightning bolts was how I did this fight. It's amazing how much leeway for free damage you get when you bind away Sky Dive and the regen from the "defensive" stance.

wait, sky dive didn't use any limbs i was told?
Lillie is best waifu
3DS FC 2767-2339-4314 machoke-pancham-hariyama IGN Rebecca

Salocool
1 month ago#17
shileka posted...

http://etrian.wikia.com/wiki/Hippogryph

Bind Claw (uses arms): Melee cut attack to a line. May bind arms.
Panic Glare (uses head): Panics a single party member.
Back Kick (uses legs): Melee bash attack that pierces across lines.
Sky Dive (uses arms): Melee cut attack to the entire party, reduces their physical attack for 3 turns.
Wing Shield (no limbs): Goes into a defensive stance that reduces incoming physical damage for 3 turns. Used after Sky Dive.
Rest (uses head): Restores 500 HP. Used only while guarding.
Lightning Storm (uses legs): 4 random volt attacks across the party. May paralyze.
And the Lord [...] drive out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

shileka
1 month ago#18
Salocool posted...
shileka posted...

http://etrian.wikia.com/wiki/Hippogryph

Bind Claw (uses arms): Melee cut attack to a line. May bind arms.
Panic Glare (uses head): Panics a single party member.
Back Kick (uses legs): Melee bash attack that pierces across lines.
Sky Dive (uses arms): Melee cut attack to the entire party, reduces their physical attack for 3 turns.
Wing Shield (no limbs): Goes into a defensive stance that reduces incoming physical damage for 3 turns. Used after Sky Dive.
Rest (uses head): Restores 500 HP. Used only while guarding.
Lightning Storm (uses legs): 4 random volt attacks across the party. May paralyze.

Ohwell time to farm fish
Lillie is best waifu

Salocool
1 month ago#19
shileka posted...
Ohwell time to farm fish

How does that relate to binding its arm? Just put the game on Basic if you're struggling, that difficulty exists so that anyone can enjoy the game up to the end.

shileka
1 month ago#20
Salocool posted...
shileka posted...
Ohwell time to farm fish

How does that relate to binding its arm? Just put the game on Basic if you're struggling, that difficulty exists so that anyone can enjoy the game up to the end.

i mean the flat flying fish
Lillie is best waifu
  1. Boards
  2. Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth
  3. Seriously, F the Hippogryph

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived