Is the 4th strat boss the best experience when entering the 6th strat? *spoils*

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth
  3. Is the 4th strat boss the best experience when entering the 6th strat? *spoils*

User Info: Cookie Bag

Cookie Bag
1 month ago#1
So i saw that the crystal dragon keeps respawning if you take the kill quest from egar but never turn it in, so now i've been farming it for exp for the past... hour or so? already got my team to 70, each kill on basic with soul gather is giving me around 298500 exp, is there anything better at this point considering it takes me 3-4 turns to kill?

Also kinda related to grinding, what's the best money i can get at this point? i just entered floor 26 and everything is worth 100k or more to upgrade my gear... and running through floors 21-24 isn't exactly fun and its awfully time consuming just to get 20-30k...
http://i.imgur.com/vsi41Lp.jpg

User Info: Blademaster_Aio

Blademaster_Aio
1 month ago#2
Actually Oliphant can respawn the same way if you DON'T go to the explorers guild after accepting the quest.

The former level cap boss will show up once you reach floor 27, it's Dryad, the thing whose strategy is disable Dryad or die.
Believe God is one, and believe in the hereafter.

User Info: Salocool

Salocool
1 month ago#3
Wait, you can use Soul Gather on non-random battles? Does it combine itself with Exp-boosting item?
And the Lord [...] drive out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

Cookie Bag
1 month ago#4
Salocool posted...
Wait, you can use Soul Gather on non-random battles? Does it combine itself with Exp-boosting item?

Yeah i've been using it against bosses just fine, and i tried a heavenly gift on the dragon and i got x4 exp that way.

Blademaster_Aio posted...
Actually Oliphant can respawn the same way if you DON'T go to the explorers guild after accepting the quest.

The former level cap boss will show up once you reach floor 27, it's Dryad, the thing whose strategy is disable Dryad or die.

So... do i need to finish either of Egar's quest to have the dryad available once i hit floor 27? cause the freaking elephant just gave me like 540k exp on basic, around 500k or less on advanced without soul gather and i don't think it gets better than that, the boss is a joke...

Salocool
1 month ago#5
Cookie Bag posted...
So... do i need to finish either of Egar's quest to have the dryad available once i hit floor 27? cause the freaking elephant just gave me like 540k exp on basic, around 500k or less on advanced without soul gather and i don't think it gets better than that, the boss is a joke...

Yeah pretty much, albeit the three cap-raising bosses give substantially more experience points, up to a ridiculous level if you combine Heavenly Gift + Soul Gather.
And the Lord [...] drive out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

Cookie Bag
1 month ago#6
Don't you have to sleep for a long time for them to respawn?

Salocool
1 month ago#7
Cookie Bag posted...
Don't you have to sleep for a long time for them to respawn?

14 days.

Disable autosave in the options, mash the A button in the Inn while watching something enjoyable for 3-5 minutes, save the game then fight the 3 bosses one after the other on Basic.

Rince and repeat, and you'll be 99 in no time, if that's even your objective.

Blademaster_Aio
1 month ago#8
You don't need to do Egar's quests to get Dryad quest to appear.

Dryad is part of Jenetta's quest line, available once you reach 27.

Then zombie dragon is part of Solor and Lili's quest line, available at floor 28.

Finally, the last level cap boss is part of our bartender's quest line, but you have to mine in the 6th stratum first. Mining spots and quest are available on 29th floor.

Blademaster_Aio
1 month ago#9
So feel free to put the cystal dragon quest on hold if you want.

You might be too OP for Oliphant with Egar if you go that path, but it's your choice.
  1. Boards
  2. Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth
  3. Is the 4th strat boss the best experience when entering the 6th strat? *spoils*

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived