why so many rage quitters???

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. why so many rage quitters???

User Info: Shin_Akuma76

Shin_Akuma76
1 year ago#21
JayceeTHUNDER posted...
Literally.... the BEST feeling SFV has giving me.... even more than winning or landing that hard lab combo.....

is when you get declined the runback.... and then you VERY NEXT MATCH is with the guy/gal that ran away. I can almost SEEEEEEEEEE the anger on the other person face when they see me again. "Thought you could ranway didnt you... hahaha. I want even MORE of your points that you so badly treasure". And when I was the one that lost previously... it feels EVEN better.

Literally nothing f***ing like it.

Lol, this happened to me during the Double FM weekend. I was playing against a Zangief player, he took the first match and I won the second but he didn't rematch me for the tie breaker (even though it was a good fight). We immediately get paired up again and I took the first and he bailed again.
"I am power made flesh, I will show you how truly weak you are!"
Check out http://www.culturejunkies.net

User Info: Big_Boss1432

Big_Boss1432
1 year ago#22
Capdown posted...
DeeJaysBIGsmile posted...
Capdown posted...
Fighting games are very personal. You lose it's because you got outplayed. People can't handle that with fragile egos.

No you don't lose because you got out played. Sometimes you take some one for granted, and you lose because you played stupid.

Playing stupid and losing is getting outplayed. Staying focused and executing is a skill.

Ehh ive had some lag losses. Not much i can do there.
GAMES WILL NEVER BE THE SAME, WE NEED MORE NOSTALGIA GAMES ILL HATE CAUSE THEY DIDN'T INNOVATE.

User Info: VermilionX

VermilionX
1 year ago#23
Shin_Akuma76 posted...
JayceeTHUNDER posted...
Literally.... the BEST feeling SFV has giving me.... even more than winning or landing that hard lab combo.....

is when you get declined the runback.... and then you VERY NEXT MATCH is with the guy/gal that ran away. I can almost SEEEEEEEEEE the anger on the other person face when they see me again. "Thought you could ranway didnt you... hahaha. I want even MORE of your points that you so badly treasure". And when I was the one that lost previously... it feels EVEN better.

Lol, this happened to me during the Double FM weekend. I was playing against a Zangief player, he took the first match and I won the second but he didn't rematch me for the tie breaker (even though it was a good fight). We immediately get paired up again and I took the first and he bailed again.

it's very avoidable to run into the same person right away after not giving a runback

just set matchmaking to "ask 1st", then only accept the next match if you see that person you don't wanna run into is already in a match
Capcom ID: Zerokage me and my bike! GSX-R750 K6
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t126/vermilionx750/DSC03916.jpg

User Info: JayceeTHUNDER

JayceeTHUNDER
1 year ago#24
VermilionX posted...

it's very avoidable to run into the same person right away after not giving a runback

just set matchmaking to "ask 1st", then only accept the next match if you see that person you don't wanna run into is already in a match

You seem to be under the impression that the examples i give are only a few secs/ 1 or 2 mins apart.... granted THOSE do happen often as well.

I have had "rematches" (aka ppl running away but get match up again) with some ppl 3 times in a row. And its more obvious win you see that they dont have a win streak going OR win you were hte last person they faced and they had 5 wins.... and 5-10 mins go by.... and they 6 wins (the last win being your loss). So it was clear they were TRYING their best to avoid me but CFN was like... "f*** that ducking s***, you playing this fool".... hahaha
Gift of the SILVER TONGUE. They say it's a mark of a good officer... and of a liar.
- I'm in luv http://imgur.com/a/yUxiz

User Info: VermilionX

VermilionX
1 year ago#25
JayceeTHUNDER posted...
So it was clear they were TRYING their best to avoid me but CFN was like... "f*** that ducking s***, you playing this fool".... hahaha

nah, they can totally avoid you if they really want to

they just don't care that much

like i said, they can always see your status... online, menu, browsing CFN, ranked match, training, survival, casual match, versus, etc

all of those can be seen

so if they only accepted matches when they see you're in a match already, they can totally avoid you.

but hey, you can think whatever you want. im just saying how it is if they are actually trying to avoid you.
Capcom ID: Zerokage me and my bike! GSX-R750 K6
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t126/vermilionx750/DSC03916.jpg

User Info: Kuronoa

Kuronoa
1 year ago#26
JayceeTHUNDER posted...

Mmmm. I remember losing badly to a Ryu. He ran off with the points after the first match.

I run into him again immediately after...and won the first match this time! He hit play again almost immediately. Me? I just let the timer run down to zero.
"All that the Emperor requires of us is to hold the line and die fighting. It's what we do best. We die standing." ~General Sturnn

User Info: JayceeTHUNDER

JayceeTHUNDER
1 year ago#27
VermilionX posted...
like i said, they can always see your status... online, menu, browsing CFN, ranked match, training, survival, casual match, versus, etc

thats almost never accurate from what I have seen. There always seem to be a delay or.... somthing off with it.

And as my man also pointed out...

They will runaway...

Comeback to the match...

Runaway agian after the first match...

And get matchup AGAIN.... and leave RIGHT after AGAIN.

The guy clearly doesnt want to play the other
Gift of the SILVER TONGUE. They say it's a mark of a good officer... and of a liar.
- I'm in luv http://imgur.com/a/yUxiz

User Info: DanG1982

DanG1982
1 year ago#28
JayceeTHUNDER posted...
VermilionX posted...

thats almost never accurate from what I have seen. There always seem to be a delay or.... somthing off with it.

And as my man also pointed out...

They will runaway...

Comeback to the match...

Runaway agian after the first match...

And get matchup AGAIN.... and leave RIGHT after AGAIN.

The guy clearly doesnt want to play the other

I once got matched up with the same gold Zangief (when I was ultra silver) 3X in a row and he rage quit on me in the final game ......... out of pity for me!!

He kept whipping my ass but I refused to run and kept accepting the run back everytime! He beat me 5 games in a row (some games were close and I did take a couple rds here and there) then he beat me 1st Rd of the last game and quit!
It was kinda a cool gesture I suppose (saving me from myself) but I was still pissed! I still believed I could win!!! :D ...... and that ladies and gentleman is why I always go on crazy losing streaks :D
SFV: DanG82

User Info: gray8white

gray8white
1 year ago#29
are you new to fighting games TC? rage quitting happens all the time
donno why we are b****ing about because it is not going away
just have a good laugh and move on to the next fight....
Carcharodon Carcharias

User Info: GameplayZero

GameplayZero
1 year ago#30
9mmMassacre posted...
GameplayZero posted...
WRRYYYYers posted...
Not giving the runback=/=ragequitting

don't mix your terminology

this. As someone already mentioned, some people don't want to bother taking the risk of losing points.

The lower tier, most likely less skilled person is taking a risk too. Especially if they lost the first set. Not as big a risk, but we can't pretend they aren't tossing their hat into the ring for what would most likely be a loss/another loss.

A lower rank can get lucky and win a set it doesn't mean you can't kick their ass the next two. The losing points argument just seems dumb. Who are you more likely to lose points to? Someone equal or higher tier, or someone in a lower tier?

The safer bet is beating the lower tier guy and taking his measly points than fighting an equal or higher tier guy and losing a decent amount of points.

because the people who are EXTREMELY anal about their points want to minimize any sort of risk at all.

ranking and the points distribution is a different story. Of course the other person is taking a risk by rematching. Problem is that if you've already lost why take that gamble again if you don't think/want to bring it back and you "could" have another shot at fighting someone you could easily beat? Normal people, like you and I, can evaluate and determine that sometimes the risk is worth the reward. These people don't even want to bother.

but I guess they would just rage quit by that point instead of letting the L happen depending on the match.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. why so many rage quitters???

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived