Which character are you STRUGGLING to "git gud" with?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Which character are you STRUGGLING to "git gud" with?

User Info: BigBlockV8

BigBlockV8
1 year ago#11
I'm having trouble getting used to juri in this game, but even though the losses are stacking up i'm not giving up. Gotta stick with it and keep on going.

User Info: RidleytheSmall

RidleytheSmall
1 year ago#12
Chun. I still can't do her sbk bnb :(

I got comfortable with air legs quickly though and I don't have a problem doing any of her other combos.

User Info: RidleytheSmall

RidleytheSmall
1 year ago#13
VermilionX posted...
chun li, dhalsim, cammy, and guile execution-wise

I thought Cammy was supposed to be easy in this game execution wise?

User Info: VermilionX

VermilionX
1 year ago#14
RidleytheSmall posted...
VermilionX posted...
chun li, dhalsim, cammy, and guile execution-wise

I thought Cammy was supposed to be easy in this game execution wise?

just the insta dive kick, i botch that a lot

and with chun, i botch the insta air legs and i just plain don't wanna deal with her 1 frame combo, same with guile
Capcom ID: Zerokage me and my bike! GSX-R750 K6
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t126/vermilionx750/DSC03916.jpg

User Info: GameplayZero

GameplayZero
1 year ago#15
VermilionX posted...
guile execution-wise

its just the charge part messing you up right? I struggled with that too at first.

I'm newish to fighting games (playing them I mean since i watched and studied them for years), but his combos are actually pretty easy to pick up and is actually fairly straight forward. Its just constantly conditioning yourself to hold down-back and doing sonic booms when they block your combo string that can get messy for noncharge players.

I'm going from guile to fang so that should be fun, but guile is definitely the best charge character to start off with and learn.

User Info: Alex_McStrife21

Alex_McStrife21
1 year ago#16
I remember when I first picked up Chun going from Nash. It was the most painful process I've ever gone through playing any game. But it was well worth it after about three months of getting my ass kicked learning everything, as Chun just fits my playstyle better than Nash ever did. I only started seeing progress after I practiced her combos alot and started playing more players on my skill level, beating/going toe to to with them, and progressing.

Now, I hardly think about ever playing any other character. But I'm still really interested to learn another character or two just for matchups sake. I was thinking of learning a more aggressive character like Cammy to deal with more turtle-y characters like Sim and F.A.N.G, but the learning process for Cammy is just as awkward as it was for Chun, as I have to adjust my playstyle COMPLETELY and constantly remind myself the differences between the two characters, like Cammy's crossup being j.LK instead of j.MK or not being able to poke my opponent with long-ass normal's. I might continue with her if Urien proves to not be good enough to compete and cover my more uncomfortable matchup's. But I also want to main at least one DLC character, with my top picks being Ibuki and Urien, even if the former is a glass cannon with some gimmicky things to her.
Overcoming back luck and then some.

User Info: SerenitySays

SerenitySays
1 year ago#17
Mained Laura since the beginning and I still suck with her.
http://media3.giphy.com/media/oJeiwbgApnDHy/giphy.gif

User Info: EsperStarr

EsperStarr
1 year ago#18
SerenitySays posted...
Mained Laura since the beginning and I still suck with her.

Short and bittersweet answer lol
Keep at it. Laura is my main and I struggled.... actually not that long. Anything you think you might be off at? Remember, her vskill (held or not) can be done off of almost every single normal.
Life imitates art
PSN: EsperKazumi CFN: Esperstarr

User Info: VermilionX

VermilionX
1 year ago#19
GameplayZero posted...
its just the charge part messing you up right? I struggled with that too at first.

yeah, the 1 frame charge

sHP, cMP, sonic boom

i did it on trials after many tries, but yeah... could not do that consistently and didn't wanna spend time learning it after "practicing" it on trials
Capcom ID: Zerokage me and my bike! GSX-R750 K6
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t126/vermilionx750/DSC03916.jpg

User Info: NeroTheLurker

NeroTheLurker
1 year ago#20
VermilionX posted...
GameplayZero posted...

yeah, the 1 frame charge

sHP, cMP, sonic boom

i did it on trials after many tries, but yeah... could not do that consistently and didn't wanna spend time learning it after "practicing" it on trials

You do know that you have plenty of time to charge the sonic boom after sHP right? It's in no way a 1 frame charge like chuns SBK combo.
Cammy is hands down the best SF character.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Which character are you STRUGGLING to "git gud" with?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived