Street Fighter Legends Cammy #2 Review

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Street Fighter Legends Cammy #2 Review

User Info: wdcain2

wdcain2
1 year ago#1
I picked up my copy of Street Fighter Legends Cammy #2 the other day and I decided to post a short review of it.

The main story picks right up where the last issue ended: Cammy was looking for a re-brainwashed Juni and found her fighting alongside Decapre against C. Viper and Juri. Omar Dogan provides the art here like he did for all the other SFL mini-series and as usual he does a good job. The women are beautiful and the action flows very smoothly between the panels. Unlike Joe Ng's high-octaine action scenes, Omar draws his fight scenes more realistic but with the brutality of the finishing moves from the games.

Omar draws fantastic facial expressions. If you blotted out the word balloons, you can usually tell what each character is feeling/expressing just by their faces. Amazing artwork and great coloring by Omar. I wish I could say the same about the story by Jim Zub. There isn't much meat to this issue. There's a five page fight between all the lovely SF ladies, Decapre and Viper are captured and we see M-I6 dealing with their prisoners for 7 pages. The only time this comic generally got me interested was when Juri followed the brainwashed Juni and infiltrated a Shadaloo warehouse, finding F.A.N.G. and nuclear material.

This part was great. The panels were all up-close, giving everything a claustrophobic feel and making things all tense. It actually makes me wish this comic wasn't about Cammy but about Juri dismantling the remnants of Shadaloo since Bison died at the end of the last SF tourney. Cammy hasn't done much in this issue or the last. Ms. White's main problem in the first issue was her wondering "how do I make Delta Blue into a better team?" and issue 2 has her wondering "how do I help Juni and Decapre?" Cammy just isn't do anything in these issues.

The bonus story, like the one in the first issue, is more enjoyable than the main story. It's another Street Fighter x Darkstalkers mini-comic and this one is Akuma vs. Donavan in Antarctica. Akuma is melting the ice caps faster than global warming in his anger that he can't reach the Oni level anymore since Gill sealed that in Super Street Fighter 2 Hyper Fighting (good continuity). Donavan and Anita show up thinking he's a Darkstalker and they fight.

It's actually fun because Donavan really screws up here. It turns out the demon sword Dhylec removes Gill's seal and let's Akuma reach his Oni level again. Oni Akuma DEMOLISHES Donavan here and only Anita keeps the shoto from killing her friend. Akuma leaves, satisfied that he's back to full power and says he'll fight Donavan again one day. It makes me hype for the SF v DS comic coming in December.

Great art in this comic but I found Cammy herself to be the weak link. There isn't much happening in this comic like the other series. Hopefully things will pick up in the next issue. I hope so because I hate for this to be the first bomb in Udon's library.

wdcain2
1 year ago#2
A request for anyone: Does anyone know where I can see scans of the Balrog vs. Vega fight in the hardcover edition of Street Fighter Unlimited: The New Journey? I own all the individual issues and I don't want to spend $30 just to see a 6 page fight.

wdcain2
1 year ago#3
wdcain2 posted...
A request for anyone: Does anyone know where I can see scans of the Balrog vs. Vega fight in the hardcover edition of Street Fighter Unlimited: The New Journey? I own all the individual issues and I don't want to spend $30 just to see a 6 page fight.

Never mind. I found out the first HC doesn't come out until later this month.

User Info: GameplayZero

GameplayZero
1 year ago#4
i've seen these books around, and they look interesting. Would you recommend?

wdcain2
1 year ago#5
GameplayZero posted...
i've seen these books around, and they look interesting. Would you recommend?

The comics are great. Fantastic art and pretty good stories. I would put the writing on par with what's found in the games by Nether Realm Studios like MK9 and Injustice.

User Info: Malevolent_Moon

Malevolent_Moon
1 year ago#6
wdcain2 posted...
wdcain2 posted...

I already have the HC.

I'm more excited for the SF X Darkstalkers comic than anything else comic wise.
"Lonliness has followed me my whole life. I'm God's lonely man."

wdcain2
1 year ago#7
Malevolent_Moon posted...
wdcain2 posted...
wdcain2 posted...

I already have the HC.

The HC for the first volume of SFU is out already? How is the bonus comic? All I know is it's a fight between Vega and Balrog.

User Info: OZ_Archangel

OZ_Archangel
1 year ago#8
Man I only want that comic for that bonus vega and balrog fight I want to see otherwise its too late since I own all the other issues
"Why do you hesitate to extend the power of Macedon - your power"-Alexander The Great \_O__/ >>>> l__O__l "YES"."YES"

User Info: XiahouSong

XiahouSong
1 year ago#9
wdcain2 posted...
wdcain2 posted...
wdcain2 posted...

I already have the HC.

The HC for the first volume of SFU is out already? How is the bonus comic? All I know is it's a fight between Vega and Balrog.

It's pretty cool. I'll try to scan it if I get time. Never done scans (of books/comics) before so I have some learning to do.
I own the issues the HC is drawn from too, but I honestly prefer to have the HCs for repeated reading.
---
The Dragon reveals himself only to vanish.

wdcain2
1 year ago#10
XiahouSong posted...
wdcain2 posted...
wdcain2 posted...
wdcain2 posted...

I already have the HC.

It's pretty cool. I'll try to scan it if I get time. Never done scans (of books/comics) before so I have some learning to do.
I own the issues the HC is drawn from too, but I honestly prefer to have the HCs for repeated reading.

Good luck scanning it. I bought the HCs for Chun-Li, Sakura, & Ibuki mini-series but I just can't afford them all anymore especially when I buy the individual issues when they come out. Let me know if you when you get them done please.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Street Fighter Legends Cammy #2 Review

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived