Alex rant.... hear me out lol

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Alex rant.... hear me out lol

User Info: BlackBlazeQ

BlackBlazeQ
6 months ago#1
Alex got some decent buffs in season 2.5 and they are greatly appreciated but there are things that just don't make any sense to me at all.

Regular stomps are useless and they should be like -2 I'm block just increase the recovery time when they wiff and keep ex the same. No reason stomps should be more than -2.

All normals besides stand jab should be reverted back to season 1 or improved more for example F HP should be reverted back to season 1 there was no reason to make it slower. It was an it was an over reaction to dps being nerfed

I also thing that ex elbow should have armor on the first frame. I mean it's already unsafe on block and so many characters have ex moves dam near full screen moves that are save on block. Not that I want that for Alex Is just like armor on the first frame on ex. You could still punish on block but it gives Alex a need option during extreme pressure situations

As for anti airs he has options and even stand job still works in some situations although I'd like crhp to be a bit better with more priority but he has options.

This is up for debate like the rest but more range on command throw?!?!?!? I know some people want this although I'm not sure if this is really a big problem for Alex.
Bottom line is he could use more changes and I'd like to see what other people think about the changes I mentioned.
Intel I7 4790(non k) 3.6GHz,16gb RAM DDR3,GTX 1080, MSI Z97 PC mate MOBO, Corsair 540. Gaming at 1440p 144hz is just amazing!!! PC MASTER RACE!

BlackBlazeQ
6 months ago#2
Also to add forward HP needs to never wiff on crouchers. It wiffing is extremely frustrating
Intel I7 4790(non k) 3.6GHz,16gb RAM DDR3,GTX 1080, MSI Z97 PC mate MOBO, Corsair 540. Gaming at 1440p 144hz is just amazing!!! PC MASTER RACE!

User Info: WRRYYYYers

WRRYYYYers
6 months ago#3
Lariat's s***ty hitbox is what caused me to drop Alex completely. Too many times it would just miss entirely in situations where it shouldn't.
http://i.imgur.com/lsDzSa1.gif
http://i.imgur.com/qGQFmPu.jpg

BlackBlazeQ
6 months ago#4
WRRYYYYers posted...
Lariat's s***ty hitbox is what caused me to drop Alex completely. Too many times it would just miss entirely in situations where it shouldn't.

Indeed and yet this problem has yet to be fixed. It needs to be looked at in season 3 among others things.. I don't blame you for dropping him and I'm the fool who keeps playing him... Lol.

User Info: Marozi

Marozi
6 months ago#5
Alex is never going to be buffed to be good.
GT: Moondogtk PSN: Moondogtk: SFV: MovesLikeHaggar

User Info: majorgalaxy

majorgalaxy
6 months ago#6
Is Alex still bottom tier?

Is Alex at least mid tier?
"I don't eat, because Imma vegetarian."-Roberto, the scrub
GT/PSN: MayorofEarth2

Marozi
6 months ago#7
majorgalaxy posted...
Is Alex still bottom tier?

Is Alex at least mid tier?

Yes.

No.

Slow normals, no conversion from real pokes, atrocious meterless anti-airs, no oki pressure off any grabs, poor up-close pressure, and no reliable way to get in and stay in.

User Info: soggytoast11

soggytoast11
6 months ago#8
Alex does need some help, but it would have to come at the cost of damage.

I absolutely HATE the way they tried to balance him and Birdie. It's like everything about the character is terrible except they have one or two moves that do ludicrous amounts of damage when they YOLO into them. It's just super lazy to make a character that uneven and gimmicky.

Marozi
6 months ago#9
soggytoast11 posted...

I absolutely HATE the way they tried to balance him and Birdie. It's like everything about the character is terrible except they have one or two moves that do ludicrous amounts of damage when they YOLO into them. It's just super lazy to make a character that uneven and gimmicky.

What does Alex have that he can yolo into and not eat a full punish? Birdie I understand (except that he can make himself safe on everything but his CA via his v-skill more or less)

User Info: orcman905

orcman905
6 months ago#10
Marozi posted...
soggytoast11 posted...

What does Alex have that he can yolo into and not eat a full punish? Birdie I understand (except that he can make himself safe on everything but his CA via his v-skill more or less)

I thought his lp-elbow and exstomp are safe on block.
currently playing Tekken6 - Armour King, Baek, Panda
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Alex rant.... hear me out lol

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived