Alex rant.... hear me out lol

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Alex rant.... hear me out lol

User Info: orcman905

orcman905
6 months ago#11
BlackBlazeQ posted...
WRRYYYYers posted...
Lariat's s***ty hitbox is what caused me to drop Alex completely. Too many times it would just miss entirely in situations where it shouldn't.

Indeed and yet this problem has yet to be fixed. It needs to be looked at in season 3 among others things.. I don't blame you for dropping him and I'm the fool who keeps playing him... Lol.

You and me, gonna stick with him till the bitter end. Here's hoping we get SF3 costumes, who need buffs when you can look cool, right?
currently playing Tekken6 - Armour King, Baek, Panda

User Info: BlackBlazeQ

BlackBlazeQ
6 months ago#12
Marozi posted...
soggytoast11 posted...
Alex does need some help, but it would have to come at the cost of damage.

I absolutely HATE the way they tried to balance him and Birdie. It's like everything about the character is terrible except they have one or two moves that do ludicrous amounts of damage when they YOLO into them. It's just super lazy to make a character that uneven and gimmicky.

What does Alex have that he can yolo into and not eat a full punish? Birdie I understand (except that he can make himself safe on everything but his CA via his v-skill more or less)

The only thing I can think of is ex stomp lol it's one of his better moves
Intel I7 4790(non k) 3.6GHz,16gb RAM DDR3,GTX 1080, MSI Z97 PC mate MOBO, Corsair 540. Gaming at 1440p 144hz is just amazing!!! PC MASTER RACE!

User Info: Marozi

Marozi
6 months ago#13
orcman905 posted...
Marozi posted...
soggytoast11 posted...
Alex does need some help, but it would have to come at the cost of damage.

I absolutely HATE the way they tried to balance him and Birdie. It's like everything about the character is terrible except they have one or two moves that do ludicrous amounts of damage when they YOLO into them. It's just super lazy to make a character that uneven and gimmicky.

What does Alex have that he can yolo into and not eat a full punish? Birdie I understand (except that he can make himself safe on everything but his CA via his v-skill more or less)

I thought his lp-elbow and exstomp are safe on block.

LP elbow is -2 (used to be -4) and EX stomp is actually positive on block. You can just jump and punish EX stomp though, since it has a lot of recovery.
GT: Moondogtk PSN: Moondogtk: SFV: MovesLikeHaggar

User Info: BlackBlazeQ

BlackBlazeQ
6 months ago#14
orcman905 posted...
BlackBlazeQ posted...
WRRYYYYers posted...
Lariat's s***ty hitbox is what caused me to drop Alex completely. Too many times it would just miss entirely in situations where it shouldn't.

Indeed and yet this problem has yet to be fixed. It needs to be looked at in season 3 among others things.. I don't blame you for dropping him and I'm the fool who keeps playing him... Lol.

You and me, gonna stick with him till the bitter end. Here's hoping we get SF3 costumes, who need buffs when you can look cool, right?

I've been looking forward to that sf3 costume for ages. Get a grip capcom lol. What's the hold up?
Intel I7 4790(non k) 3.6GHz,16gb RAM DDR3,GTX 1080, MSI Z97 PC mate MOBO, Corsair 540. Gaming at 1440p 144hz is just amazing!!! PC MASTER RACE!

User Info: soggytoast11

soggytoast11
6 months ago#15
Marozi posted...

Nothing.... That's why it's YOLO.

Birdie doesn't have anything that's safe either so I don't know what you're talking about. The EX Headbutt used to be safe, but now it's punishable (though options are limited).

User Info: Marozi

Marozi
6 months ago#16
soggytoast11 posted...
Marozi posted...

Nothing.... That's why it's YOLO.

Birdie doesn't have anything that's safe either so I don't know what you're talking about. The EX Headbutt used to be safe, but now it's punishable (though options are limited).

I. . guess?
GT: Moondogtk PSN: Moondogtk: SFV: MovesLikeHaggar

User Info: HooliganComboFT

HooliganComboFT
6 months ago#17
What did you expect. A life buff, a few S1 revisions, and safe light elbow does nothing to address his big flaws in his gameplay.

S1 was still Alex's strongest version [something that all the relevant Alex players agree with] since he had stronger neutral game/actual oki setups/better AA options/etc. You know s*** that actually matters. Improving a very situational V skill and a fluff buffs like his telegraphic headbutt gimmick ain't gonna do jack lol

All 2.5 did was lessen the damage they did to Alex S2 since Capcom even realized they might have overdone it a bit

User Info: goooooBills

goooooBills
6 months ago#18
Forward hp is too good to hit crouching opponents at all ranges imo. If they did that they'd have to adjust the frame data.
I have discovered a hidden sammysamosa!

User Info: THE_PS1_PATRIOT

THE_PS1_PATRIOT
6 months ago#19
Capcom needs to remember that Zangief and Mika aren't the only wrestlers in the game...

His Power Bomb needs more priority and his normals need to go back to season 1. Stomp needs to be how it was in SFIII.
Warning: I have a different views about stuff so try not to get worked up. OK?

User Info: Rorgin

Rorgin
6 months ago#20
Even though Alex makes me rage, I'll never drop him. We gotta show these silver spoon mofo's how a working man gets a win in Street Fighter!
At ease loser.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Alex rant.... hear me out lol

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived