So... why is try considered so weak in this game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. So... why is try considered so weak in this game?

User Info: BlackBlazeQ

BlackBlazeQ
5 months ago#1
I recently stoped Alex and went back to try and while I'm having a hard time I feel it's mainly because I'm super rusty with him right now. I see everyone is saying he sucks and even Diago droped him. Hes alot less stressful to play than Alex lol. It's nice having a good anti air and reversal option. Alex was just stressful. So what's the deal with ryu and if you guys having any advice I'm willing to listen. Thanks in advance!!
Intel I7 4790(non k) 3.6GHz,16gb RAM DDR3,GTX 1080, MSI Z97 PC mate MOBO, Corsair 540. Gaming at 1440p 144hz is just amazing!!! PC MASTER RACE!

BlackBlazeQ
5 months ago#2
Omg RYU NOT TRY STUPID PHONE
Intel I7 4790(non k) 3.6GHz,16gb RAM DDR3,GTX 1080, MSI Z97 PC mate MOBO, Corsair 540. Gaming at 1440p 144hz is just amazing!!! PC MASTER RACE!

User Info: ConanTheStoner

ConanTheStoner
5 months ago#3
lol was wondering how you misspelled it twice.

Anyways, I'm sure someone will have a good answer for you, but off topic, nice case. I went with the Corsair 540 for my newest build, it's great!

BlackBlazeQ
5 months ago#4
Are you able to edit the topic title... geez... sorry for that error guys

User Info: nhat

nhat
5 months ago#5
A lot of his range was nerfed in S2 but the recent 2.5 patch gave it back (st.mp and st.lk which also gives him back some of his pressure and able to do combos from a further distance). He's definitely not as good as he was in S1 but he's around mid-tier at least now. He's still very viable as any mid tier and recently Sasaki hit Master rank.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr16ofIYXYI
PSO- 09

BlackBlazeQ
5 months ago#6
ConanTheStoner posted...
lol was wondering how you misspelled it twice.

Anyways, I'm sure someone will have a good answer for you, but off topic, nice case. I went with the Corsair 540 for my newest build, it's great!

I love this case friend recommended it to me. You just need a desk to fit it on because it's like a block shape lol.

BlackBlazeQ
5 months ago#7
nhat posted...
A lot of his range was nerfed in S2 but the recent 2.5 patch gave it back (st.mp and st.lk which also gives him back some of his pressure and able to do combos from a further distance). He's definitely not as good as he was in S1 but he's around mid-tier at least now. He's still very viable as any mid tier and recently Sasaki hit Master rank.

Thank you. I will watch this when I go on lunch. I remember tokido doing well with him in season 1. I should prob check what change from season 1 to 2. I know his 2.5 changes. Loving mp shoryuken beats everything in the air lol

BlackBlazeQ
5 months ago#8
nhat posted...

Just watched the video. Very impressed with this guys ryu no gimmicks just solid play. He did well in the akuma match up using ex shoryu to beat air fireballs and his ground game is solid. This is what I like to see. The top Alex players like gun fight cool kid and that Japanese Alex player get away with too many gimmicks online like meaty head but grab and some others. I didn't see gimmicks with this guy I saw solid play. Thanks for the VID
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. So... why is try considered so weak in this game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived