Fighting games are really great

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Fighting games are really great

User Info: BlackBlazeQ

BlackBlazeQ
3 months ago#11
Vulcan422 posted...
Couldn't have said it better myself. f*** Overwatch. Got kicked down to Gold during Season 3 due to solo queueing and have never been able to climb back up due to everyone being bad. Even people in Platinum suck. The only course of action is to make a 6-stack with friends, but that also just makes things harder because you're going up against other 6-stacks. The matchmaking, rank system, and stat system are also heavily rigged against you.

I am currently in plat and I can confirm that yea they still suck lol almost everything about overwatches match making is bad. Point distribution is also horrible as well...
Intel I7 7700k 4.8ghz 16gb RAM DDR4 3000mhz ,GTX 1080 ti, gigabyte z270 MOBO, Corsair 540. Gaming at 1440p 144hz is just amazing!!! PC MASTER RACE!

BlackBlazeQ
3 months ago#12
nhat posted...
Each time you que up you risk being paired with trolls leavers bad players

If anyone is serious about competitive team play, no one pugs that, you need to go on discord or somewhere to form a team to play with consistently. That's on the player to do that, not the game

Actually most top ranked players and even pros don't six stack most of the time. They actually advice against it actually because it makes the games 10times harder to win and matchmaking takes longer too. I mostly duel or triple que. But still it takes 6 to win and 1 to lose.... going on discord and trying to find people to play with who are in your rank and will actually keep playing with you daily is a chore..
Intel I7 7700k 4.8ghz 16gb RAM DDR4 3000mhz ,GTX 1080 ti, gigabyte z270 MOBO, Corsair 540. Gaming at 1440p 144hz is just amazing!!! PC MASTER RACE!

User Info: krazyshot1

krazyshot1
3 months ago#13
Yep. Team based multiplayer games suck because of pick up groups. Nothing new there. If you don't have a group of friends who play on a regular basis, then you are borked.
Menat is super fun!

User Info: krazyshot1

krazyshot1
3 months ago#14
aburame13 posted...
2. Blizzard is obviously smoking that good s*** to come up with these balance changes. They can't seem to decide if they want OW to be competitive or casual, and it's making the game suffer as a result. Trying to cater to both crowds just spells disaster.'

If you have any experience with WoW arenas you'd know that Blizzard sucks big donkey balls when it comes to balancing their games that aren't RTS'.
Menat is super fun!

BlackBlazeQ
3 months ago#15
aburame13 posted...
You're not the only one. Haven't played Overwatch in weeks because,

1. It feels like the community is constantly getting worse and worse. People leaving, throwing, and refusing to be team players.

2. Blizzard is obviously smoking that good s*** to come up with these balance changes. They can't seem to decide if they want OW to be competitive or casual, and it's making the game suffer as a result. Trying to cater to both crowds just spells disaster.

Not to mention how a large part of the OW community here absolutely refuses to acknowledge the fact that people do lose because their teammates are s***. It's really annoying g hearing people give those same tired arguments like, 'well maybe it's just you,' 'maybe you're where you belong,' or 'the enemy team has a higher chance of having bad teammates than you.'

I love you omg!!!!!! I was just telling this exact argument to my friends the other day. I watch YouTube channels like your overwatch stylosa lonehawk etc and it's the same old tired sayings over and over again. Refusing to acknowledge how awful the match making system in overwatch is and all the horrible stuff you have to go through. Also the whole elo hell don't exist argument pissed me off. Yes it's important to focus on improving yourself but this is not street fighter where that alone can get you wins. You have 5 other people who have to be just as hungry and dedicated as you to help you get that win. Gosh.... Why do I even still play overwatch it's just an addiction at this point a very unhealthy one..

User Info: VermilionX

VermilionX
3 months ago#16
Carry harder you fools!
CFN: Zerokage me and my bike! GSX-R750 K6
https://s20.postimg.org/pnpy1roln/DSC03916.jpg

BlackBlazeQ
3 months ago#17
goooooBills posted...
I'd imagine overwatch is tough on console. You just don't have the communication and ability to adapt your team like you do on PC. Fighters though, you only have yourself to blame. Or lagswitchers, PC players, smurfs, and OP tier lol

There is voice chat but no text chat on console. I have a friend who plays with me on pc and he plays on console. He does fine with communication on console apparently. The one thing o hate is that since he uses a controller he can play any hitscan characters or character that require aim as he's to use to aim assist on console... keep telling him learn house and keyboard

BlackBlazeQ
3 months ago#18
VermilionX posted...
Carry harder you fools!

I really hate the "carry" mentality lol

User Info: Sir_RaZZo

Sir_RaZZo
3 months ago#19
krazyshot1 posted...
If you have any experience with WoW arenas you'd know that Blizzard sucks big donkey balls when it comes to balancing their games that aren't RTS'.

I remember Blizzdrones were so insistent that Blizzard would know how to balance a competitive game. Ya'll need to wake the f*** up and realize that they're not the same company they were back in 2003.
It will rain soon. Blood will fall like rain...-Karel
Member of The Phoenix Force

User Info: afireinside7844

afireinside7844
3 months ago#20
team games are always going to be a chore unless you're playing w a full team of people you know and can coordinate with

Sir_RaZZo posted...
krazyshot1 posted...

I remember Blizzdrones were so insistent that Blizzard would know how to balance a competitive game. Ya'll need to wake the f*** up and realize that they're not the same company they were back in 2003.

i don't know a ton about overwatch competitively, but there's a big difference between balancing a game for single play and balancing it for competitive play with a coordinated team. some chars, usually ones that are 'assassins' or prey on lack of coordination, will be stupid overpowered, while stuff like ppl with shields or tanks are going to be worse in random matches
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Fighting games are really great

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived