Is it possible to catch the dratini in Safari Zone?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Blue Version
  3. Is it possible to catch the dratini in Safari Zone?

User Info: the_lone_exile

the_lone_exile
9 years ago#1
When I fish in safari zone i hook a dratini but whenever I throw the safari ball it misses it...is there any way to catch it?
I'm the best at what I do.

User Info: KomodoTheNinja

KomodoTheNinja
9 years ago#2
No, it's not possible, the game put it there just for you to look at.
President of D/P board foreign affairs
International Icon

User Info: zesoupmonster

zesoupmonster
9 years ago#3
You're just having bad luck, and Dratini is a hard Pokemon to catch.

User Info: shiningstone

shiningstone
9 years ago#4
You can catch Dratini with the Super Rod in one of the little ponds they have set in like Area 3 or 4 or whatever.
Old men make the decision to go to war, but it's us young ones who go out and do all the dying.

User Info: the_lone_exile

the_lone_exile
9 years ago#5
nvm i got it, i threw a rock at it and it was like omgwtfthathurt and then i wtfpwned it with a safari ball. dragonite here i come!
I'm the best at what I do.

User Info: iamwhoiamorami

iamwhoiamorami
9 years ago#6
Damn I'm still working on it. Rocks make it run away, food makes me miss every time (wtf?), and straight-up chucking balls it escapes on the first roll every time.

User Info: King_Tigerclaw

King_Tigerclaw
9 years ago#7
Hmm........I just use this nice little GameShark code that allows me to use regular PokéBalls in the Safari Zone. Why waste time bargaining with the creatures?
[=[__]=] 007_rogue: what would you have to have in a computer to ensure your games never crash?
[+[__]+] ImbaIance: The soul of Bill Gates.

User Info: Int3f3ct0r

Int3f3ct0r
9 years ago#8
i did this using yellow so it might be different but i dont think so to catch dratini in the safari zone fish off the island in the first pond u see(zone 1) w/super rod (they are less rare and easier to catch in the first pond because they are level 10 not 20) to catch one in yellow i threw 2 rocks and then a safari ball and caught it

User Info: PIKA740

PIKA740
9 years ago#9
^no
PIKA740
I'm just a copy cat, aren't I?

User Info: vincent5

vincent5
9 years ago#10
No rocks, no bait, just throw safari balls at it. You will get it eventually with some patience.
Will I ever forget to remember?
Pokemon Diamond Friend code: 3308 1476 9696
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Blue Version
  3. Is it possible to catch the dratini in Safari Zone?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived