Game doesn't run on my top-of-the-line PC

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Return to Castle Wolfenstein
  3. Game doesn't run on my top-of-the-line PC

User Info: White_Wolfos_14

White_Wolfos_14
6 years ago#1
I just bought the wolf pack off Steam and this game was included. I installed it, but when I try to play it, it stops working. It checks for solutions for a few seconds, then quits. I never get any options besides cancel. I use Windows 7 btw, and it's not a crappy PC. Why can't I run this game?
Now that I think of it, Petey just kidnapped two princesses at once! He's the man. ~Socran

User Info: CyberKnight

CyberKnight
6 years ago#2
I have the disc I bought back in 2002, and it works fine on Vista... Are your drivers all updated? Try running the program in Administrator mode. I usually run in Administrator mode cuz my autoexec.cfg files never seem to run if I run in normal mode.
[A64 3000+ (S754), ATI 9800 Pro 128MB AGP, 2GB RAM, 22" Samsung 2253BW]
[Laptop: 14.1" Asus F8Sn-B1, T8100, nVidia 9500M GS, 3GB RAM] 3DMark06(3575)

White_Wolfos_14
6 years ago#3
All my drivers are updated. How do I run in admin mode? I thought I was in admin mode because my computer only has one profile. I don't know what mode I'm running in, so how do you switch?
Now that I think of it, Petey just kidnapped two princesses at once! He's the man. ~Socran

CyberKnight
6 years ago#4
I don't use Windows 7, but I know in Vista, if you right click and .exe file or shortcut, a menu will appear, one of them will say "Run in Administrator Mode".

White_Wolfos_14
6 years ago#5
No such thing appears when I right click. However, a strange thing has happened. Only when I open it from steam, it gives me the option to run either multiplayer or single player. If I choose single player, I get the same problem as mentioned above. If I start multiplayer, it actually runs and I get the multiplayer options. But when I try to switch to single player from that menu, it still stops working. Any advice?

CyberKnight
6 years ago#6
can't really help you at all, since I don't own the Steam version. Maybe you can try posting on the Steam RtCW board.
  1. Boards
  2. Return to Castle Wolfenstein
  3. Game doesn't run on my top-of-the-line PC

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived