Hello, I'm modding VS

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Vagrant Story
  3. Hello, I'm modding VS

User Info: the_E_y_Es_o_0

the_E_y_Es_o_0
10 months ago#1
So I've found this neat little program called VS Stat Editor, by jaythree. It's very user-friendly. I did a little experiment -- I made the first Minotaur boss stronger -- then used CDMage to import the changes. It worked like a charm. Now that I understand the process, I'm interested in changing the drop rates for enemy equipment. That's where I'd like to hear what you all think. Should I just increase all drop rates by a factor of 5? Or maybe 10? Moreover -- how about making equipment that wouldn't be dropped normally (0% chance) be obtainable? I've always felt that Leather pieces had terrible availability in the original game. If you were to make a particular kind of weapon or armor available, what would it be? And what about enemy stats? How would you go about increasing them?

This is pretty fun stuff. I might actually make my own version of VS. ^_^

User Info: alldead

alldead
10 months ago#2
Heh, sounds like fun.

I can imagine all the screams of "I got the Czarine from Sydney!!11oneeleven!". ;)
In memory of Tidus Yuna and Fred Killer. The best Syphon Filter - The Omega Strain players I've ever witnessed.

the_E_y_Es_o_0
10 months ago#3
Hey alldead, I seem to remember you from years ago. My old username was "the Weeping Boy" (named after a room in Vagrant Story). Glad to see you're still here.

I'd forgot about the Czarine, that's a good idea... and it wouldn't break the game or anything. I'll probably add little things like that. Mostly I want to "fix" the drop rates so that farming equipment is not such a long task. While I'm at it I'll make the bosses stronger, but not stupid hard. I'm afraid I might get too much into this, though...

User Info: RiskBreakerY

RiskBreakerY
10 months ago#4
Making Grimoires drop more often would be nice and not game breaking maybe. It's kind of hard bumping up the difficulty without tampering with key values like Chain Evasion and Strength or HP...maybe another viable method would be to replace enemy weapons with better ones? Or just better gear in general? Yeah it's way too easy to get carried away with ideas. :3
~Berserker~

the_E_y_Es_o_0
10 months ago#5
Yep, especially grimoires for the single-target spells. They never saw much use in the original.

As for difficulty, right now I'm only messing with the bosses. I'm not sure if I want to rework every single enemy in the game... but it sounds tempting to change some of their equipment. Like adding some unusual stuff here and there, just for style points. I dunno. Or maybe, giving an enemy a (D)Brandestoc or something. Heh.

It's kind of funny, though. I always wished I could get the (I)Rhompaia from Dullahan at Catacombs. Now that I can do that, I don't want to anymore. I'd rather keep it the way it is.

the_E_y_Es_o_0
10 months ago#6
https://youtu.be/3TSIfCgl4KI

Dullahan on steroids.

User Info: GoukiAkujiki

GoukiAkujiki
10 months ago#7
Make the Czarine actually unique and have it drop 100% if Sydney is defeated in that battle.

the_E_y_Es_o_0
10 months ago#8
GoukiAkujiki posted...
Make the Czarine actually unique and have it drop 100% if Sydney is defeated in that battle.

As of now I can change: the blade material, grip, and gems. Do you mean changing the blade's affinities, DP/PP, etc.?

User Info: Luminaire

Luminaire
10 months ago#9
I'd love a harder difficulty modded game. I'm assuming old saves work with modded games right?
XboxLIVE! GamerTag: MisterGuyMan (Geo War Score: 8.3 mill.)

User Info: GlassShard

GlassShard
10 months ago#10
It's a cool idea, but there's a line between legitimately "harder" and just making enemies into tanks and damage sponges that take longer to wear down. Maybe the way to go about it is to really jack up their STR so they can one-hit even a full-HP Ashley, requiring you to get your button presses spot on to even survive a round. That's a legitimate demand that a player have mad skillz and not just the patience to whale on a tank for three times as long.

But otherwise yeah, God bless, mod all the things.
"Who's to doom, when the Judge Himself is dragged to the bar?"
  1. Boards
  2. Vagrant Story
  3. Hello, I'm modding VS

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived