Using dual monitors

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: kevo_1202

kevo_1202
8 years ago#1
On my laptop, ive got a second desktop monitor plugged in set for windows to be extended onto the monitor. Now that the original novelty of dragging windows onto another screen has worn off, I was wondering if there was any way I could have AOE running on one monitor while leaving the other availbe to use for other functions. As it is now, when I run AOE the second monitor just goes black until I close AOE.

Or, better yet, is there a way I can change the screen size in game to have it run on both monitors? That would be brilliant for some of the bigger battles ...*drools at the idea*......

User Info: UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer
8 years ago#2
you can't change the game resolutions

the tricky thing with getting aok to run on a 2nd monitor is the scrolling
you won't be able to either scroll the map or move to your other monitor without minimizing the application

User Info: megamooseqqq

megamooseqqq
8 years ago#3
This works with everything I've played, but I haven't tried it on AOEII:
Go to AOE's PROPERTIES and you will see a line titled "Target". It will say (or it does for me) "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\age2_x1\age2_x1.exe". Add - win to it.
It should now read "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\age2_x1\age2_x1.exe" - win.
Again, I'm not sure if it works with AOE, but it works for any game I've had to use it with (Morrowind, Generals)
Mr. QQQ
The Moose says: Blarg blarg honk!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived