Surprisingly good ...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: maxqubit

maxqubit
8 years ago#1
... after all these years.

So currently i am completely into Far Cry 2 on 360 (campaign, infamous) ... great game

But for some reason i had to check back on the old GR games (also Ubi, when if ver will there be a new decent GR game?). I have the whole GR series on xbox and 360. I was a true fan of the old GR, my clan originates from that (2003, xbox, xbl, gr)

The breakdown

GRAW(2): My god, those AWFUL controls! And the aiming ... so weird. What were they thinking. While the game looks alright and can be fun when into i just didn't like to pick it up again

so ...

GR2: Now that is more pick up and play. Quit enjoyable but a tad too arcade. Make note that i switched to FIRST PERSON i.s.o. OTS view, possibly because the GRAW2 experience put me off

but ....

Now i launched GR:IT: Well a pleasant surprise, it still holds up. The pace, the controls, even the gfx are not too bad, and the sound is ok. Death animations are lots better than GR2/GRAW2 which is remarkable. I can understand action orientated gamers are not into that 'planning path' system and it felt a bit clumsy, but it still worked

So, what do you know, i'm replaying GR:IT campaign:)

I noticed i'm (much) better now than i was back then? How is that, i'm an old gamer so my reflexes surely go down, not up? Could it be:
- Better screen (now 480p on tft monitor i.s.o. sdtv)
- Better controller (360 i.s.o. xbox-s)
- Or am i really better at it

Think it is a mix of those 3:)
Next stop ... OFP2

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived