Mother 3 is better than Earthbound. Don't you agree?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mother 3
  3. Mother 3 is better than Earthbound. Don't you agree?

User Info: STN79

STN79
6 years ago#1
Earthbound never made me cry. I've been playing mother 3 and damn it's heart wrenching.
I won't spoil it but games that bring you to tears are win in my book. I'm loving this so much more than the second game which people put on such a high pedestal.

User Info: Maxilith

Maxilith
6 years ago#2
Mother 3 made me feel something inside only because it showed items used in Earthbound, I really loved it but Earthbound just got to me more.

User Info: Antiyonder

Antiyonder
6 years ago#3
Yeah, for some reason, I find myself replaying through this more than Earthbound.

User Info: Inferiorbeings

Inferiorbeings
6 years ago#4
No, I like both equally really. Both are fantastic, and I don't cry in either.

I have cried while playing Chrono Trigger though, at the ending sequence where Marle and Crono fly off on the balloon. Such a beautiful scene.
A.K.A PK Ike
Someday I strive to be as amazing as the greatest FFVI player ever, oldschool12345

User Info: Schmeman

Schmeman
6 years ago#5
Inferiorbeings posted...
No, I like both equally really. Both are fantastic, and I don't cry in either.

I have cried while playing Chrono Trigger though, at the ending sequence where Marle and Crono fly off on the balloon. Such a beautiful scene.

The only game that ever made me cry was Xenogears when

*Spoilers*

Fei and Elly come back at the end and the final music begins playing.
Pokemon White Alex 1850 1603 2619
Ubergrim3 I honestly don't care at all whether people think I'm cheating or not. My game. My fun. F*** you

User Info: honorary_oracle

honorary_oracle
6 years ago#6
cried, but I like EB more. in eb, I cried from the point of no return to somewhere in the credits, and I saw the endings beforehand, too.
Storytellers don't make stories; they share the ones they've tracked down.
"He who has ears, let him hear." Matthew 13:9

User Info: PK_Street

PK_Street
6 years ago#7
I seem to like EB better, mainly because it didn't seem like you were forced to go on one linear path, but then again Mother 3 seemed to expound a lot on that awesome feel you got from EB...

I CAN'T CHOOSE AHHHHHHHHH
You finally got here.This is the first "Your Sanctuary" location. But it's mine now.Take it from me, if you dare...
"Got it memorized?"

User Info: y000012500

y000012500
6 years ago#8
EB is just a very silly and unusual game. I wouldn't expect anyone to cry in it. M3 is just more meaningful really.

User Info: honorary_oracle

honorary_oracle
6 years ago#9
y000012500 posted...
EB is just a very silly and unusual game. I wouldn't expect anyone to cry in it. M3 is just more meaningful really.

Have you beaten it? If you did and did not react, you have no soul. I didn't think I'd cry either, but man...
Storytellers don't make stories; they share the ones they've tracked down.
"He who has ears, let him hear." Matthew 13:9

User Info: y000012500

y000012500
6 years ago#10
To EB? I've beaten it. Nothing really jumps out as emotion worthy though. Well, I guess there is some. I haven't played in a while, but I do recall feeling something. M3 had a much larger effect in that way though.
  1. Boards
  2. Mother 3
  3. Mother 3 is better than Earthbound. Don't you agree?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived